Powered by Outside

The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 3:51 Quote
Hi! Is there any alternative to the original scraper seals for the Idylle FVC with 37mm stanchions?
The original ones are just so crazy expensive...
thanks, Seb

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 4:39 Quote
Sebinski wrote:
Hi! Is there any alternative to the original scraper seals for the Idylle FVC with 37mm stanchions?
thanks, Seb

37mm is a rare size unfortunately, but essentially any suitable looking scraper seal you can find from some seal supplier online that has (exactly) the same outer diameter, and is designed to seal a 37mm rod should work. I've had a very quick look at SKF's website and they don't seem to list anything 37mm, but if you start by measuring the OD of your current seals, a little hunt around the internet might pull up something.

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 at 13:10 Quote
Sebinski wrote:
thanks, Seb

The only option for these forks is the OEM bos seals. Other forks that use 37mm stanchions are the mezzer and the new dorado. The mezzer seals do not fit, their OD is smaller than the idylle seal seat, and there is not room to put in the seals from the new dorado because they are a separate oil and dust wiper with two different OD's.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 1:32 Quote
Sebinski wrote:
thanks, Seb

There are some companies in Germany that do Service BOS forks and I If remember correctly, they do Not use original seals.

Ask mrc Trading or some Other that Services BOS products which wipers would fit

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 1:58 Quote
Thanks for the replies, guys!
I already compared the Mezzers seals, as said, they won't fit. As I bought my Idylle (used) there were some greenish SKF seals fitted. I demounted them because one side was leaking oil and the funny thing is, that these were seals for 36mm stanchions (as written on the seals) and sombody made them fit quite well. But the friction was noticeable higher with them as with the original seals.

@bansaiman: Thanks for the advice, maybe thex have some advice. But, as said, BOS likes to use there own stuff, that's a pitty.

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 14:18 Quote
The Bos website says this about the Deville:

⚠️ ATTENTION ⚠️
Availability of Deville II from the end of June 2023

Has it been discontinued? Is a Deville 3 on the way?

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 15:00 Quote
Stay away from bos at all costs.

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 15:17 Quote
Probably just out of stock at the moment. Not sure why you'd want to stay away from bos stuff, it's great suspension, and they have parts available for everything now. Deville II are great forks.

Posted: May 13, 2023 at 0:58 Quote
I could upgrade from the Deville 34 FCV to the Deville II.
Is it worth it? Or are the differences when it comes to riding to marginal?

Posted: May 14, 2023 at 10:12 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Probably just out of stock at the moment. Not sure why you'd want to stay away from bos stuff, it's great suspension, and they have parts available for everything now. Deville II are great forks.

My 27.5 Deville AM is the best feeling suspension I have ever used , However seems a 2.3 tire is max size it will take , currently for sale in great condition. I thought I heard that this fork is boost capable by removing a bushing on the axel , correct me if I am wrong.

photo

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 4:57 Quote
Sebinski wrote:
I could upgrade from the Deville 34 FCV to the Deville II.
Is it worth it? Or are the differences when it comes to riding to marginal?

Stiffness ist far more. Damping feels similar although different cartridges.
Sensitivity and Support ist great and IT seems too be reliable as Well

As I a sell some of my Bikes I am selling my BOS DeVille 2,boost 20mm axle,burnished bushings and With smashpot fitted through a custom smashpot topcap.

If you are interested PM ;-)

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 4:58 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

My 27.5 Deville AM is the best feeling suspension I have ever used , However seems a 2.3 tire is max size it will take , currently for sale in great condition. I thought I heard that this fork is boost capable by removing a bushing on the axel , correct me if I am wrong.

The Enduro DeVille 34 27.5 I have takes a assegai 2.5

photo

Posted: Oct 22, 2023 at 8:43 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

I do Not Know, nur I habe a regular Enduro DeVille 27.5 160mm which Takes a assegai 2.5 a d has 20*110 axle.
It works great

photo

Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 5:49 Quote
I bought a bike with a bos devile 160mm. I’ve messed with the knobs but the rebound is still crazy bouncy. How can I fix this? Or are all bos forks just really pogo sticky? And anyone wanna buy or trade for mine. I’d rather have a fox or RockShox. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015518
Mobile Version of Website