Powered by Outside

Tyee 2020

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
Interesting... Yes I have had my Rockshox coil shock custom tuned also. Definitely better now. I am now keen to try a 600lb spring.

Thanks dude!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
wilkomtb wrote:
Interesting... Yes I have had my Rockshox coil shock custom tuned also. Definitely better now. I am now keen to try a 600lb spring.

Thanks dude!

Out of curiosity: what was changed in that custom tuning?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 0:40 Quote
CowardlyBear wrote:
wilkomtb wrote:

Thanks dude!

Out of curiosity: what was changed in that custom tuning?

Its custom rebound stack to suit the bike and not the off the shelf "one size fits all". I think Rockshox are quite light on their rebound from what i have read. I didn't pay for the before and after graphs unfortunately.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 1:18 Quote
Super deluxe stock has a disgressive rebound tune so high speed rebound is way too quick, especially with the big spring.

Also compression tune is weird, it's way too light so the chassis had too much movement.
Also there is a pedal plateform causing spike in compression on square edge hits, that causes percussions.

So basically when you have a square edge hit, you feel percussion and when the shim stack opens it opens too much and you don't have enough damping.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 7:12 Quote
Think I want to order Huber bushings for my RS SDC, anyone got the measurements from their order?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
Utter wrote:
Think I want to order Huber bushings for my RS SDC, anyone got the measurements from their order?

It's on the Propain website under "Technical Data". The dimensions are:

- Top: 8 x 35 mm
- Bottom: 8 x 30 mm

You'll need the 12.7 mm ones.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 14:37 Quote
CowardlyBear wrote:
Utter wrote:

It's on the Propain website under "Technical Data". The dimensions are:

- Top: 8 x 35 mm
- Bottom: 8 x 30 mm

You'll need the 12.7 mm ones.
Thanks mate!

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
A different subject, sideloading. I've just swapped to a heavier spring on my CF Tyee and noticed on the shaft of my shock there is a slight rub mark on the non-drive side.

Has anyone else experienced this? And/or no of any remedy?

I don't have any play in the pivot bearings that I can feel, although they will be approaching replacement time soon - I'm sure.

Cheers

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
I was think about going ahead and ordering a full bearing replacement kit, just to have. Note, I haven't even gotten my bike yet. Who in the States should I order through, Enduro?

Posted: Sep 16, 2022 at 20:32 Quote
jhess8 wrote:
Enduro?
I have a frame on order and have the same plan as well @jhess8. Im pretty certain Enduro pivot bearings will be better. Only 8 pivot bearings guys, this correct?

2x - 6902 LLU MAX - MAX-Design, ABEC-3, radial suspension bearing - 15mm x 28mm x 7mm
https://cycling.endurobearings.com/products/6902-llu-max-max-design-abec-3-radial-suspension-bearing-15mm-x-28mm-x-7mm?variant=41997866500296

6x - 6902 LLU MAX-E - MAX-Design, Extended Inner Race, ABEC-3, radial suspension bearing - 15mm x 28mm x 7/10mm
https://cycling.endurobearings.com/products/6902-llu-max-e-max-design-extended-inner-race-abec-3-radial-suspension-bearing-15mm-x-28mm-x-7-10mm?variant=41997866598600

Posted: Sep 18, 2022 at 15:39 Quote
I just bought a frame without shock, i have an EXT coil but i have to send it to get revalve but also I have see the Ohlins, I am wondering if any you guys have any opinion in rear shock recomentations.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
tacvega wrote:
I just bought a frame without shock, i have an EXT coil but i have to send it to get revalve but also I have see the Ohlins, I am wondering if any you guys have any opinion in rear shock recomentations.
I have no experience with coils, but I ordered a 2022 DHX2 from Fluid Focus with a custom tune/bumpstop and their 600lb Eibach/SAR spring. (there's some behind the boardroom door drama relating to EXT springs, very similar).

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
I am having hard time finding the shock bushing for my tyee, i finally got the Ohlins coil rear shock but i am not able to find the bushings to Mount this shock. Anyone know where I could find them? Or could I use the fox or RockShox?

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
tacvega wrote:
Or could I use the fox or RockShox?
Fox and Rockshox eyelet hardware is interchangeable as it's made for standard 1/2" eyelet hole.

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 16:01 Quote
Thank you for the info

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029868
Mobile Version of Website