Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The official BOS thread

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The official BOS thread
Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 10:34 Quote
squatchsquad wrote:
I bought a bike with a bos devile 160mm. I’ve messed with the knobs but the rebound is still crazy bouncy. How can I fix this? Or are all bos forks just really pogo sticky? And anyone wanna buy or trade for mine. I’d rather have a fox or RockShox. Thanks!

Release all the air and pump it back up in small increments while cycling it in between increments , maybe 10 psi at a time... this should balance the positive and negative.

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 7:54 Quote
squatchsquad wrote:
I bought a bike with a bos devile 160mm. I’ve messed with the knobs but the rebound is still crazy bouncy. How can I fix this? Or are all bos forks just really pogo sticky? And anyone wanna buy or trade for mine. I’d rather have a fox or RockShox. Thanks!

Which deville?
Too bouncy in the push-testvor while riding?
My BOS deville 34 is a greeeeeat fork. Bettter damping than the New stuff

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 8:26 Quote
I'd rather have a Deville than almost anything else. I wish I still had mine but it was for a 26" wheel and 20mm axle so wasn't very compatible with any modern standards

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 7:51 Quote
Hi,
Anyone have a link to the service manual for the N'Dee?
Can only find the download for basics on the Bos site.
Thanks

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 11:20 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
I'd rather have a Deville than almost anything else. I wish I still had mine but it was for a 26" wheel and 20mm axle so wasn't very compatible with any modern standards

Definitely the plushest most bottomless fork I have ever run , Running a new Lyric now , pretty good but still not as nice as my Deville , Mine was 27.5 but was a close fit with a 2.3 tire , besides not being boost that was the only downside.

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 16:42 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
Agreed. My 26" Deville was unbelievably good.

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 5:00 Quote
We See that a good open bath damper seems to have performance advantages and reduces friction again.

That must be why everybody is so stoked about avalanche tuning cartridges

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 14:41 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
We See that a good open bath damper seems to have performance advantages and reduces friction again.

That must be why everybody is so stoked about avalanche tuning cartridges

I'll have to google that , out of the loop on new technology.

Posted: Mar 3, 2024 at 23:44 Quote
A lot of fork manufacturers are going back to IFP's rather than a sealed bladder, open bath will probably make a comeback soon!

The only issue I had with it was if you'd left your bike upright, it would take a few cycles of the fork for the damping to work properly! It stayed plush for way longer than sealed damper forks though.

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 13:39 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Hi,
Anyone have a link to the service manual for the N'Dee?
Can only find the download for basics on the Bos site.
Thanks

Bos no longer have the document Cry
so bump i guess Confused

Posted: Apr 4, 2024 at 10:00 Quote
Agreed. Still running the 34 FCV in my Santa Cruz Bronson. Yes it's flexy, but dialed in properly it just generates crazy grip and support. And the servicing process is so freaking easy.

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 17:24 Quote
My 2015 Idylle RaRe needs new seals. I saw them available online for 81£ or so, but only shipping to the UK. Anybody knows how to get seals for this fork or which ones work? Thank you

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 18:02 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
My 2015 Idylle RaRe needs new seals. I saw them available online for 81£ or so, but only shipping to the UK. Anybody knows how to get seals for this fork or which ones work? Thank you

37mm stanchions? Only the bos oem seals fit, the Mezzer ones dont. Different seal OD. You can order the seals directly from Bos website, I get stuff sent to Canada from them, so they should be able to ship to USA no problem.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011756
Mobile Version of Website