Why Trek isnt so popular or loved?
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
Muttley wrote:
its clearly not set for you
FYP.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
Muttley wrote:
Are you kidding, its clearly not set up well, they pedal like no bike ive ever ridden, and vie spent alot of time in FSR's and VPP's, they take the air well yes, but they also track brilliantly, and the 40's great when set up.

its set up as the first one i ever test rode, for someone slightly heavier than me although this time its a medium so the rears perfect
i really dunno what your saying about the pedaling but tbf ive never enough time on any other bikes than demos (just as bad) and commencal, which is superb
the thing with the suspension is the doesnt track that well
Rght yeah your single pivot would pedal alot better than a full floater design.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
Muttley wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
Muttley wrote:
Are you kidding, its clearly not set up well, they pedal like no bike ive ever ridden, and vie spent alot of time in FSR's and VPP's, they take the air well yes, but they also track brilliantly, and the 40's great when set up.

its set up as the first one i ever test rode, for someone slightly heavier than me although this time its a medium so the rears perfect
i really dunno what your saying about the pedaling but tbf ive never enough time on any other bikes than demos (just as bad) and commencal, which is superb
the thing with the suspension is the doesnt track that well
Rght yeah your single pivot would pedal alot better than a full floater design.

it does, dunno if its just placed well but i know the contact system is menna help
its set up softer as well

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
single pivot and good pedaling should be an oxymoron

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
Atrak wrote:

not at all. If the pivot is placed well, and if it is link assisted, they can climb better than any bike.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
Atrak wrote:
But you are mistaken my son.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 21:36 Quote
i've been on a new old stock session 77 i bought last august. it's not the best when it comes to steep and crazy, but i have no issue hanging with any of my friends on their bigger, faster bikes. the sherman breakout SUCKS and it's being replaced by a domain next week, and the bearing in my bottom bracket pivot self-destructed after two months of riding. that's a $60 fix. other than that, the geometry is fantastic (in my opinion). it's so predictable and easy to manipulate in the air... more so than most bikes i've been on. i also have absolutely no complaints about any of the bontrager components. i'm 195-200 lbs and beat the piss out of the bike, and nothing has given me any problems other than the aforementioned fork and pivot bearing. i'm not really that crazy about the manitou swinger in the rear, but it's not so bad that i really mind. it's just not spectacularly good.

all in all, i bought it because it was NEW and the shop sold it to me for $799. it's a no-bullshit, anti-trendy workhorse of a bike. it's predictable, does what you want it to do, and it doesn't have any major issues when it's being abused and tossed around. i doubt i'll ever sell the thing, even if i am planning on buying a shocker by the end of the season.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Atrak wrote:

Show us the way, AlCapone! Let us see the light!

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
odin333 wrote:
evilsmx wrote:
true but if it was say a glory or older team DH or evil revol it wouldnt have happend and if he was using a 888 the fork wouldnt be so f*cked

thats a bit dumb of a comment. seeing as the Evil Revolt JUST came out and few people actually have any and the other bikes were designed to be bomb proof. i doubt an 888 would survive. the guy pretty much landed flying sideways and dug in with the fork first, any fork would have been messed up. 888's have more problems then the new Boxxers anyway.
Definitely not, all the guys running those 2010 Boxxers over here constantly get problems with everything, especially the motion control. The Race's internals are particulary vulnerable to breaking which is rather weird, as the older races with bombproof and simple forks.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Atrak wrote:

haha your not jesus AlCapone.

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
odin333 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Atrak wrote:

no but he is correct.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/heckler/heckler_large.jpg
that

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yZC4ZFxzzPw/R56fINsDvlI/AAAAAAAAAP0/ahUz36yLFA4/s400/z-07-slayer-sxc-70.jpg
and that are both under the single pivot catogory, but the suspension will act different. (i think thats what alcapone is getting at. Thats what im trying to say...)

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
odin333 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Atrak wrote:

Ya, but I have a jew fro, so what now?

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
odin333 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:

i have a jew fro to

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
bikingnut wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
odin333 wrote:

i have a jew fro to
me too!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 2.191851
Mobile Version of Website