Powered by Outside

Post your Octanes

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your Octanes
Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
Actually, guys I have a question, which feels better? Void or Zircus? I like both, leaning towards Zircus because TT is longer which I really need but don't like it's alu, and I like that Void is crmo and most of my parts easily transfer to it, but TT is shorter than Zircus.

Which feels better for dirt jumping and just riding around in city, commuting a bit and having fun on street like jumping curbs n stuff?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Jesp, your void made me want one. Really miss it too, been gone a year now.
green bike being green. few newish different bits
even riding bmx like I do now I just want one for old times sake lol

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
jespinal wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Jesp, your void made me want one. Really miss it too, been gone a year now.
green bike being green. few newish different bits
even riding bmx like I do now I just want one for old times sake lol
I think 50% is just the green though
Edit
Ridden my mates zircus as well as my old void
Zircus is a little lighter, slightly longer CS, much lower BB. Longer tt but not by a lot IIRC.
I preferred my void for park and stuff. Plus steel = real

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Numbers wise the void is a really neutral frame, if they haven't changed the geo with a 100mm fork it remains truly neutral, not too slack not too steep 0mm drop

Lovely all around bike

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 19:25 Quote
Got it pretty much finished up tonight. It's real cold in NY right and my shop heater decided to die yesterday. Once I get the new one up and running I plan on dialing the bike in a little better. Need to install the chain and do some handle bar tweaking. Left the fork at 100mm for now, gunna ride it alittle and see if I want to lower it. Also what are you guys that run a rear brake using to secure that sh*t to the bike? I just wrapped it a few times for now.

Just missing the chain.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 6:05 Quote
Looking good, serious want for Void here Blank Stare

I ordered new cranks and BB for Zircus from MVTE, I have Dartmoor BB, cranks and sprocket atm and im getting some wiggle.
Shimmed sprocket bolt and it reduced it little but it looks like axle is bit bent. Sprocket is dead straight alone.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 7:44 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
Actually, guys I have a question, which feels better? Void or Zircus? I like both, leaning towards Zircus because TT is longer which I really need but don't like it's alu, and I like that Void is crmo and most of my parts easily transfer to it, but TT is shorter than Zircus.

Which feels better for dirt jumping and just riding around in city, commuting a bit and having fun on street like jumping curbs n stuff?

Thanks
photo
Can’t it be both?

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Doggin wrote:
EmilsV wrote:

Thanks
photo
Can’t it be both?

Damn, I would love to but I can't even properly get new headset for my bike and I only have one bike. Big Grin Just looking at Zircus and Void frames for over 2 years now and wasn't able to pull trigger when I could, because of other stuff going on as I got dropped out of college and jobless and here where I live finding new job is just almost impossible, but if find one then it's gonna be so much work like you would get paid 1000 in month but in reality get only 300 just to pay bills n stuff and still have to get think how to eat so you wouldn't die. Big Grin But this year I just pinned it to myself to really save up and get new frame.

But of course some day I will get 2 bikes, or probably more because I just love having and riding different bikes. Big Grin Just staying positive and optimistic always helps me Big Grin

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
photo

Still gotta finish up some stuff but I'm digging how it turned out. Way different feel than my P1.

Edit:weighed in at 27.06

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 6:56 Quote
That looks soooooo nice! tup

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
That looks soooooo nice! tup

Thanks dude, hopefully it gets a little warmer here so I can ride a bit. Winter in upstate NY is brutal this year.

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
photo

New already dirty grips and MVTE 2pc cranks.
Whats "normal" weight for Zircus? I measured 12.5kg (27.55lbs)
Tyres are still heavy on this, would about 0.5kg lighter with DTH whitch i think will be on the list next.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
Looking good dude. I just edited my post above with the weight on my Void. 27.06lbs rolling on DTH's. I'm sure you'll be well into the 26lb range with lighter rubber.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 6:18 Quote
I've been on the hunt for Bontrager G Zero Team issue that is lightest white wall DJ tyre ive come across, nowhere to be found in Europe and from States pair would be in the 200$ range after shipping, taxes and customs fee.
Thats just too much as pair of DTH's i can get for about 80$

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
photo

First time outside Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020911
Mobile Version of Website