Powered by Outside

Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
I have an X2 on my Swoop 170 (10 2018 no pedal switch) and a Vivid on my Swoop 200.
Both are good, and there’s no great difference between them, but the X2 does have a more adjustment options in terms of clickers and tune-ability with volume spacers.
The Vivid is harder to get serviced though.

A small point, but it bugs me, Fox seem to have a much better ‘click’ on their adjusters than RS, which can be vague or seemingly nonexistent at times.

If you’re happy with the Vivid, stick with it, the extra cash for the X2 won’t give a great leap in performance.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
Has anyone found a good aftermarket downtube protector for the Swoop AL?
Mine has taken some nasty hits already....

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
the-search wrote:

I cut up the original fat Albert it came with on day 1 (2017) and its been doing a grand job ever since Smile

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 7:51 Quote
thedee38 wrote:
the-search wrote:

I cut up the original fat Albert it came with on day 1 (2017) and its been doing a grand job ever since Smile

After a rock dented my down tube a few months after I got the bike I bought a rock guardz https://www.rockguardz.com/

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 6:48 Quote
the-search wrote:

Rose do a shaped rubber one, which fits perfectly.
There’s pictures on this forum somewhere...

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
Hello, I have a question for Swoop 29 AL owners, with the Race Face Aeffect chainset.

What chainrings are you using please?

Long story short - I've had trouble getting either a 3mm offset ring or a straight ring to line up with the chainguide.

I swapped for a smaller ring when I got it - and can't remember which type it came with.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
Well I've found a straight (no offset) Superstar ring seems to work fine, in case anyone had the same question.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Superstar rings are good for the money

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
Hi guys,

is someone here with a Swoop, which also has the angled headset from Acros?
I have a Cube with the same headset and I do have lots of problems with that headset. Because the shells are made of plastic, they tend to creak.
Of course I added lots of grease but after a good wash, they start to creak again and it is driving me nuts. I want to change the headset to a "normal" one, because I dont need that angle-stuff, but the Acros-website is very confusing: it says, that my upper headset has a diameter of 45mm and I cant find one single headset with that measurement...its always ZS44 and on the Radon-website, the Swoop has a ZS44/ZS56 headset. If so, the measurement for my headset should be wrong and theoretically, I should be able to put in a normal headset.
The problem is, that I cant measure the diameter, because my bike is at the workshop...

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Hi. Having a bit of trouble trying to make a warranty claim.
I have found a crack on my swoop 29 and have been told by bike-discount that the frame won't crack in the place it has cracked unless it is hit from the outside. I can honestly say that I haven't crashed it or has the bike taken any hits. Can anyone give any advise on what I should do next?
Thanks

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 4:42 Quote
Hello,
I have a 2015 Radon Slide 160 carbon and I have lost the little cable guide that sits underneath the downtube.
I am now building the bike back up again and I am wondering if anyone has one to spare.
Many Thanks In Advance
Liam

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 3:43 Quote
liam8 wrote:
Hello,
I have a 2015 Radon Slide 160 carbon and I have lost the little cable guide that sits underneath the downtube.
I am now building the bike back up again and I am wondering if anyone has one to spare.
Many Thanks In Advance
Liam

I have a Swoop so I do not know what this would look like on your frame. Anything here that matches? https://www.bike-discount.de/en/search?q=radon+guide

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
rayme wrote:
liam8 wrote:
Hello,
Many Thanks In Advance
Liam

I have a Swoop so I do not know what this would look like on your frame. Anything here that matches? https://www.bike-discount.de/en/search?q=radon+guide

I have routed my gear cable on my swoop 170 all external as its mega faff with that little piece under the frame every time to change the gear cable. One piece of outer from shiftfer to mech keeps it running smoother for longer also.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 1:06 Quote
Hi Radon owners,

I'm really interested in this Swoop 10.0... I'm askin myself if the HD version worth the money...

I like the shimano tansmission on the 10.0. I like the wheel set and full factory one the HD...

The fox 38 are close cause they both have the Grip 2 cartridge. But I don't know about the shock, do you guys know the difference between a fox float X2 performance and factory ? Apart from the factory coating of course

Cheers

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 2:41 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
I contacted Radon for the shock mount hardware sizes. If anyone needs them they are:

42.2x8
22.2x8

Thinking of getting a needle bearing for the upper one.

Hi is the 42.2x8 measurement for the upper I need new shock bushes thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010493
Mobile Version of Website