Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Post your home workshops!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Post your home workshops!
Posted: May 2, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
Ya know if you would alternate those bikes on the wall they would fit better... You know one up one down.

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 10:03 Quote
rahrider wrote:
I can't compete with most of these home workshops. WOW! I'm inspired.

I just moved into this place and it is a rental so I don't want to invest too much. Our old Ikea table got sawed in half and is now my workbench. Figured out how to get all our bikes on a 12 foot wall yet still be easy to get down.

I need a vice, any suggestions for what is best for working on bike specific needs?

Thanks.

photo

Reminds me of how mine started out.

This...
One of those moments where you push everything to one side of the Shed Of Shred to clean up and get it ready for the rebirth build of the T6P that you laid out on the work table. You catch it that quick glimpse that humbles you into knowing that you are a pretty damn lucky fool. Against all odds really.......

Turned into this...
Built a new shelf with lighting underneath since the bench has the lighting under as well. Refinished the workbench added lighting above everything and almost done with the wall behind. Really liking how it s coming together with the contrast.

Posted: May 2, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
Rahrider, that's a solid man cave you got there! Bikes, work bench, and tunes!

O+
Posted: May 2, 2020 at 21:35 Quote
Thanks for the positive feedback. Draggon, yours was one of the ridiculously nice ones I was speaking of.

I tried alternating the bikes up - down but the bars are all 800 and it was a pain to get them out. If they all hang the same way and you turn the bars the bikes all slip out.

Love having room to fit the guitar in there. I always had it in a condo and had to play with headphones. The garage is 30 feet from the house and we live on 5 acres, I can finally play as loud as I like!!!!

Only thing missing now is a minifridge

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 4:58 Quote
any updated workshop setups since lockdown?

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Only change mine has really seen is the addition of some tools, change in bikes, and the fact that it's also now my office, with the baby pushing me out of my upstairs office lol So I have a desk and computer down there now.

I'll get a pic later.

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
holy shit my dudes. sub'd...! tup

uh.....I'll post mine when I do some spring cleaning Facepalm

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
nicely laid out...

Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
jalevetZe wrote:
My home workshop

my home workshop

Very nice bro.

Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 0:42 Quote
Might as well post an updated pic....

The Shed Is Getting Crowded

Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
Draggon wrote:
Might as well post an updated pic....

The Shed Is Getting Crowded

So. Many. DJ. Bikes.

ITS GLORIOUS

Posted: Dec 22, 2022 at 6:41 Quote
Guess this is relevant to this thread:

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
wow.. this last workshop is so amazing.. thanks for motivation

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016239
Mobile Version of Website