Powered by Outside

Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 0:42 Quote
pogan wrote:
Ok lads, having a bit of a problem here.
I have a 2016 Sworks Demo, I cant seem to get the rear axle tight enough. when i get the clamp bolts set and the axle in, there’s still play coming from the hub. Yes, i have checked the hub, and it’s tight as can be and in good adjustment. I lost my “derailleur protector”, is that what i need to get rid of this play? It’s almost like it needs that to compress the rear end so i can tighten the clamp bolts on the hanger to hold the rear axle from coming out. Anyone else have this problem?

https://media.specialized.com/support/0000040894/0000040894.pdf Page 20

As a replacement for the rear derailleur protection you need at least one washer to tighten ?!. Otherwise it can only be because of the hub that you may have forgotten a spacer. Measure the width of the axle and the width of the rear swingarm.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
To the dude asking about headset. (This is from a 2018 alloy for reference)
Both top and botton bearing's are - TH MR 122 1-1/8 36x45 H7
Not sure what the cups are tho.
photo

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
pogan wrote:
I have a 2016 Sworks Demo, I cant seem to get the rear axle tight enough. when i get the clamp bolts set and the axle in, there’s still play coming from the hub. Yes, i have checked the hub, and it’s tight as can be and in good adjustment. I lost my “derailleur protector”, is that what i need to get rid of this play? It’s almost like it needs that to compress the rear end so i can tighten the clamp bolts on the hanger to hold the rear axle from coming out. Anyone else have this problem?

As a replacement for the rear derailleur protection you need at least one washer to tighten ?!. Otherwise it can only be because of the hub that you may have forgotten a spacer. Measure the width of the axle and the width of the rear swingarm.

i have a 135mm hub, the hub spacing isn’t the problem, it’s a sealed bearing hub so there are no “spacers” and what do you mean by i need one washer to tighten?!

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
bigburd wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

What you guys think ?

I'm 99 percent certain there is a crack under that paint...

BB area is super stiff so should be no flex to cause a crack like this, not done anything mental like cased a 40 foot double just rode it a shit load!

Mine have the same crack.... shame

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
aesp wrote:
bigburd wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

What you guys think ?

I'm 99 percent certain there is a crack under that paint...

BB area is super stiff so should be no flex to cause a crack like this, not done anything mental like cased a 40 foot double just rode it a shit load!

Mine have the same crack.... shame

They replaced mine within a few weeks.

If you are lucky they will be out of stock of the DEMO II version and will offer you the S-Works in replacement Smile

I nearly got one but they found a demo II in plain black for me.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 18:49 Quote
anyone familiar with adjusting steerer tube to upper crown adjustments? up and down adjustments. cannot find any google searches that explains how and what for. just wanting to experiment with angles up front. I have some room to play if I bring the front headset of frame up alittle.wondering what that would do to my riding position/riding? seems like it would push the front forks down towards the ground and bring the frame up towards me??? confused. any suggestions? thanks fella's!

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
anyone familiar with adjusting steerer tube to upper crown adjustments? up and down adjustments. cannot find any google searches that explains how and what for. just wanting to experiment with angles up front. I have some room to play if I bring the front headset of frame up alittle.wondering what that would do to my riding position/riding? seems like it would push the front forks down towards the ground and bring the frame up towards me??? confused. any suggestions? thanks fella's!

You use the little plastic spacers to adjust it. Either put more under your stem, or put more over your stem.

Putting them under the stem will raise the bars, help you to get your weight over the back, and shorten reach slightly.

Putting them over the stem will do the opposite.

I generally ride with a single spacer under the stem. I think it’s like 4mm or so. This helps keep my body weight on the front end when going through rough stuff and turns, thus keeping my wheel more planted for better traction and control. I have another 3 spacers on top of the stem if I want to bring the bars up and back in the future.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
pogan wrote:
dh-corn wrote:
pogan wrote:

i have a 135mm hub, the hub spacing isn’t the problem, it’s a sealed bearing hub so there are no “spacers” and what do you mean by i need one washer to tighten?!

Did you mount anything to replace the rear derailleur protection? SO that the screw can tighten the axle?

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
Can someone help me out and tell me what bearings I need for the Öhlins TTX in the Demo 8.1 Carbon 2016? I'm not coming to measure right now. In the upper damper eye comes this bearing or? https://www.skf.com/my/products/bearings-units-housings/plain-bearings/general/radial-spherical-plain/index.html?designation=GE%208%20C

And for the lower damper mounting? Can someone help me with the type designation?

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 1:40 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
Can someone help me out and tell me what bearings I need for the Öhlins TTX in the Demo 8.1 Carbon 2016? I'm not coming to measure right now. In the upper damper eye comes this bearing or? https://www.skf.com/my/products/bearings-units-housings/plain-bearings/general/radial-spherical-plain/index.html?designation=GE%208%20C

And for the lower damper mounting? Can someone help me with the type designation?

Every thing you need is on this page :https://j-techsuspension.co.uk/collections/mount-kits-and-bushings

When buying the Rose/spherical bearing make sure you order the ' ohlins bushing 14/16 ' too as this bit wears out quickly along with the rose bearing.

Infact I ended up buying the lower mount kit and fitting it to the upper end of the shock as I find the rose bearings wear out so damned fast.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 2:11 Quote
bigburd wrote:
dh-corn wrote:

Every thing you need is on this page :https://j-techsuspension.co.uk/collections/mount-kits-and-bushings

When buying the Rose/spherical bearing make sure you order the ' ohlins bushing 14/16 ' too as this bit wears out quickly along with the rose bearing.

Infact I ended up buying the lower mount kit and fitting it to the upper end of the shock as I find the rose bearings wear out so damned fast.

Thats the reason why I want to buy the SKF bearing because it should hold longer and it´s cheaper:

https://www.123kugellager.de/kugelgelenke-GE8C-SKF.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4aacsfGV4wIVGpSyCh39EArvEAQYBSABEgIdVPD_BwE

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 2:43 Quote
dh-corn wrote:
bigburd wrote:
dh-corn wrote:

Thats the reason why I want to buy the SKF bearing because it should hold longer and it´s cheaper:

https://www.123kugellager.de/kugelgelenke-GE8C-SKF.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4aacsfGV4wIVGpSyCh39EArvEAQYBSABEgIdVPD_BwE

Gotta be wroth a try, just don't be tempted by the norglide/plastic bearing, I fitted one and it lasted one weekend !

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
patch92 wrote:
mitchman117 wrote:

You use the little plastic spacers to adjust it. Either put more under your stem, or put more over your stem.

Putting them under the stem will raise the bars, help you to get your weight over the back, and shorten reach slightly.

I generally ride with a single spacer under the stem. I think it’s like 4mm or so. This helps keep my body weight on the front end when going through rough stuff and turns, thus keeping my wheel more planted for better traction and control. I have another 3 spacers on top of the stem if I want to bring the bars up and back in the future.
gotcha! where to get the spacers? specialized? rock shox? after market? thanks!

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
For the love of god get rid of that stupid rose bearing setup and just go with a good old proven pin and bushing arrangement. It get's old replacing that rose bearing setup every 2nd week not to mention the expense.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 0:22 Quote
mitchman117 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
mitchman117 wrote:

gotcha! where to get the spacers? specialized? rock shox? after market? thanks!

You should already have some. They are the little rings that go around the steerer tube of your fork, above and below the stem

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017249
Mobile Version of Website