Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Big question for me with the new strive, which frame build is strongest? The heavier CF or the lighter CFR. Is it layup that differs or does the CFR use a different composite?

Plus to think I paid £3K for the full fox factory mk1 strive cf race and the same build is £6k on the new.... ouch

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Big question for me with the new strive, which frame build is strongest? The heavier CF or the lighter CFR. Is it layup that differs or does the CFR use a different composite?

Plus to think I paid £3K for the full fox factory mk1 strive cf race and the same build is £6k on the new.... ouch

I dont think one is stronger than the other, its just a weight difference.

I agree that canyon gone mad with the pricing of the strive (the top notch torque model is 1000 less)

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:

I paid $6k NZ including shipping on my Strive in 2017...the comparable spec 2019 Strive is the 6.0, and including freight, this would also be $6k NZ.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 1:54 Quote
So, I'm looking at the entry level Spectral and Torque (AL versions) as my do it all bike (trail, bikepark and other random riding).

Does anyone know why the AL Torque is over 16 kg this year, the 5.0 is listed as 16,2 KG in medium :O ?

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
devmonkii wrote:
So, I'm looking at the entry level Spectral and Torque (AL versions) as my do it all bike (trail, bikepark and other random riding).

Does anyone know why the AL Torque is over 16 kg this year, the 5.0 is listed as 16,2 KG in medium :O ?
Dang didn't notice that, that's one heavy bike! I would have to assume most of that is from the wheel set. The carbon version in 14.4 kg. No way that's just the difference in frame weight.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
cmoney23 wrote:
I'd go with rockshox all day! Both rear shocks are two of the best on the market now. Both dropper post get great reviews. It all would come down to the fork for me. The fox elite is there base model 36 fork. The lyrik is much smooth and better all around. That's just my opinion though????

Fox performance elite is the same as the factory but without Kashima, it has exactly the same damper. The entry levery is the fox 36 rythm,

The lyric Rc could also be the “entry level” as you say, but I disagree, you have the yari below, and the lyrick RC2 over it.
The RC2 is compared to the fox 36 with the grip 2 damper, but even the fox has more adjustability while being the performance elite than the RC2

RC2 and fox 36 (factory or performance elite) could be compared to each other perfectly. RC lyrick is lower down the road, great fork, but not a top of the notch

Ps: Kashima costing is not that big of a deal.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Hi! Can anyone with a new Torque please tell me if this nut is supposed to have play? I think it is creaking and I don't wanna damage my frame in the long run. Thx!

Is this nut supposed to have this much play I think it is also creaking when pedaling.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
Imo they really messed up their specs this year. The AL bikes dont even come with Code brakes...

devmonkii wrote:

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 4:51 Quote
Does anyone know the shock size on the 2019 Spectral AL? Can't find anything on the Canyon website

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
magnusb wrote:
muckwarrior wrote:
Anyone else have their Strive frame crack around the dropper cable hole in the seat tube? I noticed that the paint (anodising?) was starting to bubble and when it flaked off I could see what looked like a crack.

photo

Exact same on mine. Covered by the warranty

Frame is being replaced under guarantee. For anyone wondering, warranty applies to the first 2 years, guarantee a further 4 years after. Basically the difference is that warranty covers the labour cost of rebuilding the bike with the new frame (£120) whereas guarantee does not.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
Just updating about my broken raceface next sl cranks on my strive. Canyon have sent out raceface next r as warranty replacements. Not sure if these are more reliable.

Unfortunately they didn't reattach the chain ring to the cranks so I need to buy the tool and do it myself.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
So I have done some googling and cant seem to find the info I am looking for.

My Acros Blocklock top bearing is rough so needs replacing at some point.

Pulled the bottom bearing out and top bearing is stuck or I assume in an headset cup meaning I have to replace the whole thing.

I am looking for the actual 2018 Strive headset measurements and then whether it is possible to replace the top bearing or do I need to replace the whole headset.

Can anyone point me in the right directionÉ

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 0:37 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
Does anyone know the shock size on the 2019 Spectral AL? Can't find anything on the Canyon website

As far as I know it is 230x65. Got my 2019 Spectral AL 5 yesterday. It only took 2 weeks from ordering until I recieved the bike.

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Lovely spectral. Have they changed anything about the 2019 spectral frame apart from the paint jobs? Only interested as i have a Spectral CF 7 (201Cool .

Tiltmeister wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:

As far as I know it is 230x65. Got my 2019 Spectral AL 5 yesterday. It only took 2 weeks from ordering until I recieved the bike.

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
SeniorBrucio wrote:
So I have done some googling and cant seem to find the info I am looking for.

My Acros Blocklock top bearing is rough so needs replacing at some point.

Pulled the bottom bearing out and top bearing is stuck or I assume in an headset cup meaning I have to replace the whole thing.

I am looking for the actual 2018 Strive headset measurements and then whether it is possible to replace the top bearing or do I need to replace the whole headset.

The top is a ZS 44 / 28.6 The bottom is IS 52 / 40. I believe You can replace just the bearing on the top. Just need to tap it out.

Can anyone point me in the right directionÉ

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016463
Mobile Version of Website