2011 Specialized Demo / Bikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2011 Specialized Demo / Bikes
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 at 14:38 Quote
flosho wrote:
oh thanks for trying ... could you tell how many bighits there were with double crowns and also the prices if you can remeber , thanks.

the big hit 3 only... and the prices are the same of 2010 I think Smile maybe a little bit more for the 3

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 3, 2010 at 15:16 Quote
Chornbeak wrote:
The new sx looks so sexy! But now that its a 180mm all around it kinda defines it as strict fr rig. The 170mm/160mm combo seems a little bit more broad spectrum-ed... ie better at dirt jumping and trail riding

they moved it to 180 to take the place of the demo 7, which they did away with this year. If you want that smaller travel get the enduro evo

Posted: Aug 3, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
they still havve the sx and i think they still have the shorter travel sx trail .. they just added an extra model i think, but hopefully we'll find out soon

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 13:30 Quote
flosho? i have a present for you xD

http://www.specialized.com/media/whatsnew/specialized_bike_2011.pdf

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 13:39 Quote
I have to say the new big hit looks pretty damn sexy with the dual crown domains

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 16:15 Quote
Goulaf14 wrote:

The SX trail frame cost as much as the Big Hit 1 complete Eek

EDIT: Translated cost: About 2,500 USD

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 16:35 Quote
Goulaf14 wrote:

Wooow thank you sooo much ... you just made my daay ! i now know what my new bike is gonna be the big hit (: .... but how come they don't have all the models ? are they saving them for later ?

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 0:32 Quote
I wonder if the roadies at Specialized UK will bring the green and black Demo frame in?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 10:01 Quote
within 48 hours I will be doing a shuttle on the 2011 demos and SX, I'll let you know how it rides. My coworkers already rode it at winterpark on monday. They had great things to say

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 8:05 Quote
got a few runs in on the 2011 demo and SX yesterday--- So sick. The demo rode about like my 2010 and was about the same weight, but if I do the same things to the 2011 frame as I did to mine, I'm looking at a light Dh bike. The rear end truly is narrower, I hit the heels much less on the rear end. Additional stiffness is marginal, with 3 stays, all the demos are pretty solid back there. The 2011 boxxer felt great, but needed a minor tuning. Needless to say I will be getting one. I'm doing gnarlier runs today, we'll see how it goes

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 12:04 Quote
sk8kid33 wrote:
got a few runs in on the 2011 demo and SX yesterday--- So sick. The demo rode about like my 2010 and was about the same weight, but if I do the same things to the 2011 frame as I did to mine, I'm looking at a light Dh bike. The rear end truly is narrower, I hit the heels much less on the rear end. Additional stiffness is marginal, with 3 stays, all the demos are pretty solid back there. The 2011 boxxer felt great, but needed a minor tuning. Needless to say I will be getting one. I'm doing gnarlier runs today, we'll see how it goes

How does it jump?

Posted: Aug 8, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
Apparantly u can preorder them in Australia for 4900 australin dollars and they will arrive at ur door in late september. i dont know the site but someone i know has done this Big Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 9, 2010 at 10:29 Quote
It jumps great, relly about the same as the 2010. It is certainly slimmer in the rear, I hit my heals wayyy less. The riser bar that was on it actually made it have higher bar height than my 2010 but that could be remedied.

Here's a nice picture i shot in the garage showing out with the old- in with the new
photo

FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 6:36 Quote
Selling the Old? Size?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 8:33 Quote
tetonlarry wrote:
Selling the Old? Size?
yup. It's a small. Check out the buy and sell section, best build ad lowest priced one on here

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034289
Mobile Version of Website