Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Dirt and tool descussion for tools like me
Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
sand the back of the shovel down to a shine, with some medium grit paper and sharpen it with a file

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 13:22 Quote
Next job then , just cleaning my rc cars Big Grin

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
i find a stainless steel spade works best for clay, stops crap sticking insanely well, i paid £25 for mine, bit expensive but its an amazing tool, rubberised grip, decent hickory handle (better shock absorption), pre sharpened edge Smile best £25 ever spent ( although best £12 spent was my mattock haha, though im now in need of a new handle, mines dying Frown )

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
i find a stainless steel spade works best for clay, stops crap sticking insanely well, i paid £25 for mine, bit expensive but its an amazing tool, rubberised grip, decent hickory handle (better shock absorption), pre sharpened edge Smile best £25 ever spent ( although best £12 spent was my mattock haha, though im now in need of a new handle, mines dying Frown )
Just cracked my old stainless one in my pics Frown fiberglass handle to .

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
This is shocking, and epitomizes the huge amount of shit money in bmx has caused. People dont sponsor diggers so dudes dont dig, its just not right Madder

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
jack-sprogis wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Just cracked my old stainless one in my pics Frown fiberglass handle to .

erm yeah, a few weeks ago i snapped the handle on my £25 spade D: just pulled back, ripped clean off. must of been a dodgy one, id hardly used it. luckily, i took it back and got a new, stronger one haha Smile steel or fibreglass handles for me from now on

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 14:59 Quote
Just bought a Lidl long handle, great for the money. Im heading down to B&Q tomorrow too for a Long handle pointed spade too for digging, the short garden spades are really starting to annoy me and my back. Also, essential bit of trail building kit to me is a frying pan! Compacts dirt SO well, loads of control and free! Just pisses the mother off a bit.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 8:51 Quote
Haha, frying pan... now that is a new one!

lidl shovels are good though, couldn't resist when i saw everyone else getting them ahah

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 9:59 Quote
OllyV1995 wrote:
Just bought a Lidl long handle, great for the money. Im heading down to B&Q tomorrow too for a Long handle pointed spade too for digging, the short garden spades are really starting to annoy me and my back. Also, essential bit of trail building kit to me is a frying pan! Compacts dirt SO well, loads of control and free! Just pisses the mother off a bit.

Ha ha !
I can imagine the faces on walkers as they stroll along to see a man on his hands and knees sweating and hitting the floor with a frying pan Big Grin

FL
Posted: May 1, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
bigburd wrote:
OllyV1995 wrote:

Ha ha !
I can imagine the faces on walkers as they stroll along to see a man on his hands and knees sweating and hitting the floor with a frying pan Big Grin

haha. I have to say I'm tempted by a lidl long handle...

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 10:50 Quote
tom666 wrote:
bigburd wrote:
OllyV1995 wrote:

Ha ha !

Long handle shovels are a very worthy investment , took me a while to learn how to use it effectively tho Razz

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 13:55 Quote
bigburd wrote:
tom666 wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Ha ha !

Long handle shovels are a very worthy investment , took me a while to learn how to use it effectively tho Razz

Yeah i've had some odd looks... Does the job though! Yep the lidl long handles are insanely good for the price.. Also guys, what would you reccomend as a good, long handled digging shovel? Irish shovel maybe?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022241
Mobile Version of Website