Best enduro/AM Bike?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 19:48 Quote
My Nomad is the best climbing and decending bike I've ever thrown my leg over. Without a doubt i would suggest one.

Posted: Apr 12, 2013 at 17:51 Quote
I've just built up a Commencal Meta 5.5 2011 carbon frame and first ride last week was sweet... such a huge difference from the Kona Blink steel h/t I was used to.

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 17:02 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
My Nomad is the best climbing and decending bike I've ever thrown my leg over. Without a doubt i would suggest one.
My Rallon is lighter than a carbon nomad and pedals better 0.o

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 15:09 Quote
Iv been riding dh and xc for a while and decided to progress into enduro. I decided to build up a santa cruz blur lt2. 160 talas fork 140 rear rp23. 10speed 36t chainring. 28lbs total weight. alu large frame. I wasnt expecting much as i used it as my trail bike before the cnversion let me tell you that its a killer build. Decided that as an all mountain set up the frame has come into its own. Eats up all day epic trails. Suprisingly fast and agile on the dh sections and climbs like a dream. Bought a nomad mk2 frame as upgrade but now selling as its no faster and is a pig all day in the saddle. Long live hardcore enduro!!!

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 21:29 Quote
JakeMeyers7 wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
no.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 5:30 Quote
minty1 wrote:
JakeMeyers7 wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
no.
28lbs with a heavy duty spare tube in my rear. Even has a sorta heavy xt / saint build. 6 inches of travel at 28lbs... It's great

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 9:09 Quote
JakeMeyers7 wrote:
minty1 wrote:
JakeMeyers7 wrote:

no.
28lbs with a heavy duty spare tube in my rear. Even has a sorta heavy xt / saint build. 6 inches of travel at 28lbs... It's great
What fork?

Cause I have built XL carbon Nomads with SLX kits and 180mm fox 36 forks dual ply dh tires to weight 29.8lbs

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 8:56 Quote
This thread Thumbs Down

First of all, it's no such thing as the best, it's not an objective thing.

Everyones ranting how their bike is the best(compared to the 2004 ht bikes they used to ride). GTFOH.

Unless you compared a couple of modern bikes, don't state anything, and if you had time on a couple of modern bikes you should state that you like "insert bike" more then "insert bikes" because "insert why"...

and/or

Give a link to some reviews etc. to bikes you feel will be a beast on the trails.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 8:59 Quote
MendelMu wrote:
This thread Thumbs Down

First of all, it's no such thing as the best.

Everyones ranting how their bike is the best(compared to the 2004 ht bikes they used to ride). GTFOH

Unless you compared a couple of modern bikes, don't state anything, and if you had time on a couple of modern bikes you should state that you like "insert bike" more then "insert bikes" because "insert why"...

and/or

Give a link to some reviews etc. to bikes you feel will be a beast on the trails.

You're clearly not familiar with the internet. This is the world of unverified claims and stats. In fact, I've heard that 83% of internet statistics are made up.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 9:04 Quote
Yea, but it would be ridiculous if I claimed my 2011 Reign 2 with wider bar and dropper to be the best bike..when I have not even ridden some competitive bikes for the claim "of being the best".

People are so biased to their bikes.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 17:51 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
MendelMu wrote:
This thread Thumbs Down

Everyones ranting how their bike is the best(compared to the 2004 ht bikes they used to ride). GTFOH

and/or

You're clearly not familiar with the internet. This is the world of unverified claims and stats. In fact, I've heard that 83% of internet statistics are made up.

Yeah but 40% of the time the are correct 12% of the time

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 20:32 Quote
Kootenaycycle wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
MendelMu wrote:
This thread Thumbs Down

and/or

Yeah but 40% of the time the are correct 12% of the time
Breaking news! A new study has found that 18% of internet forum posters missed the joke!

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 13:12 Quote
with all todays bikes it would have to be anything from 120mm-160mm of travel that includes all wheel sizes with a lowish bottom bracket and a 63-64 degree head angle that will include most new bikes but it would also have to be light.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045979
Mobile Version of Website