Powered by Outside

GT Fury. Pictures, conversations, problems, and more.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
GT Fury. Pictures, conversations, problems, and more.
O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
I'm going to be selling two expert 2014's (small and medium) soon if anyone would be interested!

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
hey guys, just finished my Fury build (well almost!)

I am running Sram X01 and am struggling to find a chain guide that will work with it

The Truvativ X0 caught on the chain ring, I have an e13 LG1 now, which clears the chain ring, but I cant centralise it any more !

Anyone has the same porblem ? Is it a dremmel job ?

O+
Posted: May 12, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
Lucas-Ault wrote:
I'm going to be selling two expert 2014's (small and medium) soon if anyone would be interested!
I still have the small (and that year runs a size larger if you didn't know) if anyone nearby is interested!

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 7:10 Quote
Hi guys, I recently picked up a 2015 fury world cup, great bike but for an annoying creak when you put pressure on the pedals, its not the BB or the pedals, what can it be?

Posted: Jun 3, 2016 at 20:08 Quote
Try checking the suspension pivots and make sure everything is clean and torqued down properly.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
pkitch wrote:
Hi guys, I recently picked up a 2015 fury world cup, great bike but for an annoying creak when you put pressure on the pedals, its not the BB or the pedals, what can it be?
The lower linkage where the bb threads into creaked a lot on my '14. Pull it apart and grease everything. That fixed it for a month or so, so just keep up on maintenance if it works for you.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 16:08 Quote
Hey fury owners! I'm a new and proud owner of a 2016 Fury World Cup, couldn't turn down the pro deal at work!
However the Fox DHX2 rear shock is starting to leak some oil only after 1 day at the bike park (maybe 8 runs) really just enough to break it in. Do ya'll agree I should give fox a call? I think it's a busted seal (see last photo). Other than that, this bike is a dream come true! The first night I brought it home I just watched it for about 5 hours.

2016 GT Fury World Cup

2016 GT Fury World Cup

2016 GT Fury World Cup

2016 GT Fury World Cup

2016 GT Fury World Cup

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
That just looks like a bit of oil that might have been in the sealhead during assembly, wipe it off when you ride next and see if it comes back

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
I have posted this in the other Fury thread already but maybe I can get some answers on here:

I've had the Fury 2014 for three years now and I still love the bike. Now I have a wheel question.
The 26" rims need replacing and I'm thinking of replacing them with 27.5 ones. In the front I have a Marzocchi 380 fork which is 27.5 compatible so no problem there.
The rear triangle has lots of clearance but has anyone done this on the 2014 model? And are 2.35 width tyres the max. you can get away with or does 2.5 fit as well?

I hope someone has experience with this. Thanks!

GT Fury 2014
GT Fury 2014

Posted: Jun 25, 2017 at 17:46 Quote
This bikes is nice

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 15:04 Quote
Does anyone know how many gt fury carbons (team and World Cup) were produce?

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Don’t know but my 2013 Team Carbon Fury is the only one I have seen while riding. Can’t be too many of them. They don’t even make wheels for it anymore. I lucked out and got some new spank Spike racing wheels. They are being out on now but the shop said my Fury WOULD take 27.5 wheels with no problem...FYI to all the 26 inch Fury owners. It’s a rare bike though and gets double takes everywhere I take it.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 23:36 Quote
Anyone still here? I just picked up an 18' Fury and had a curious question regarding the swing link attached to the shock under the seat tube. Came across a photo of someone running with out the link entirely. Makes me wonder if it needs to be here at all....is it only there for stiffness ?

During the fourth round of the Irish Enduro World Series in Wicklow County Ireland.

photo

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 2:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Anyone still here? I just picked up an 18' Fury and had a curious question regarding the swing link attached to the shock under the seat tube. Came across a photo of someone running with out the link entirely. Makes me wonder if it needs to be here at all....is it only there for stiffness ?

During the fourth round of the Irish Enduro World Series in Wicklow County Ireland.

photo
That fury without the link is a full on custom made prototype frame. Its got no separate I drive or dogbone link. The bb is part of the front triangle. So I’m not sure if the modifications allow it to no longer need the upper link under the seat but the way I see it is bit of extra bracing doesn’t hurt and the link is reasonably light so what’s the harm
https://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/2017-Fort-William-World-Cup-Pit-Bits,11068/Prototype-GT-Fury-for-Wyn-Masters,115611/iceman2058,94

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 8:14 Quote
Ahhhhh yes that makes sense. Yeah no I was more curious than anything. I have a bearing kit coming and am tearing it down soon but ran across that photo. Looked at the bike and thought.... well maybe it doesn’t even matter? lol stiffness was the only thing I could come up with after really looking at it.

Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048115
Mobile Version of Website