Powered by Outside

The Zerode Thread.

PB Forum :: Other
The Zerode Thread.
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 6:42 Quote
irnbruce wrote:
Just picked up an NOS G1 frame , had many hub geared bikes, so always had my eye on the lookout for a zerode. I have some parts from other bikes, but don't have a 150mm hub yet. So my quesion is, approx what position on the splines does the rear cog sit, would I get away with a 150mm single speed hub, or a 5 speed, or do I need a normal 10speed hub?

http://ride.io/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Zerode-Driveside1.jpg

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 2:31 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
it looks like I might need some new bearings for my 2013 G2, Zerode website doesn't give me any info, I cant find a great deal on the web and bearing manufacturers that I have looked at are vague to say the least. Does anyone know what I need to replace them all?

cheers.

Hello did you get any feedback or manage to get any bearings as im also looking for replacement bearings.
Thanks Steve

FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 2:59 Quote
tat2giger1 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
it looks like I might need some new bearings for my 2013 G2, Zerode website doesn't give me any info, I cant find a great deal on the web and bearing manufacturers that I have looked at are vague to say the least. Does anyone know what I need to replace them all?

cheers.

Hello did you get any feedback or manage to get any bearings as im also looking for replacement bearings.
Thanks Steve
Main pivot and Main rocker pivot = 10 ID x 26 OD x 8 ( 6000 bearings)
Chain stay/Rocker and Chainstay/ Steat stay = 8 ID x 22 OD x 7 ( 608 bearings)

Cheers Paul.

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 23:43 Quote
Hi!
I'm looking for a new bike and I've stumbled upon used Zerode Taniwha. I wanted a full suspension bike with pinion for a long time, unfortunately they are very rare I my country.
So far I've asked seller for bikes past and more pictures, still waiting for response.
Are there any known issues with this bike? For example cracking frames, issues with pinion drive etc.
How long does sprockets, chain last and tensioner lasts?

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
Who came from any good enough enduro rig to zerode tahiwa make some comments about new experience please..

FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 3:48 Quote
ka81 wrote:
Who came from any good enough enduro rig to zerode tahiwa make some comments about new experience please..
i did have been riding Transitions ( coverts and patrols) for the last 5 years and when i moved to the Taniwha i couldnt go back to normal bike; the grip shifting through all the gears at once is amazing, the silence of no chain slapping around and the whole frame is built so well i dont ever see it failing on me.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
what about problems? pedaling on climbs, etc ?
please, tell more about that new experience.

I don't have a possibility to test that bike so others opinions are the only information.

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 1:13 Quote
ka81 wrote:
what about problems? pedaling on climbs, etc ?
please, tell more about that new experience.

I don't have a possibility to test that bike so others opinions are the only information.
none to report, it takes a bit to get us to the shifter and not having the power down when changing gears, the gears are insanely easy

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 3:23 Quote
what about rear hub, people say stock hub is awefull, like engagement is terrible... ?

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
tat2giger1 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:

cheers.

Thanks Steve

Cheers Paul.

Thanks mate just got the bike well impressed

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
tat2giger1 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
tat2giger1 wrote:

Thanks Steve

Cheers Paul.

Thanks mate just got the bike well impressed
I love mine, not had a bike that rides quite like it.

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 2:08 Quote
ka81 wrote:
what about rear hub, people say stock hub is awefull, like engagement is terrible... ?
couldnt say, I just went for something with loads a of engagement an Onxy ss hub

Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 2:47 Quote
Few more questions if you please.
What about waterproof of gearbox? Are you going to open it sometimes (when?) just to inspect it for any water (and oil of course)?

FL
Posted: Mar 27, 2018 at 11:18 Quote
ka81 wrote:
Few more questions if you please.
What about waterproof of gearbox? Are you going to open it sometimes (when?) just to inspect it for any water (and oil of course)?
Yes it’s water proof
I might have a look soon as it’s neen over a year

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
Thinking of moving on after 1 very happy year on my taniwha.

Does anyone know of anybody looking for a well loved bike.

Zerode taniwha
  Zerode taniwha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035416
Mobile Version of Website