Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cannondale ''warranty'' - negative experience
Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 16:12 Quote
SOOOO. Wow I just read this. Was strongly considering buying a Cannondale, like tonight, and I just saw this thread. Definitely never buying a Cannondale- EVER, and directing all my computer illiterate friends to this thread. I'm a public relations professional and this is one of the worst situations I've ever seen. I mean, come on Cannondale you can't behave like this in this community because we are social (and actually know how to converse in a respectful, efficient manner.) Does Cannondale care about their customers, give a shit, do they even have a PR department? If not, I would consider the opportunity but this is too much shit to walk through.

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 17:27 Quote
Would you believe that once upon a time a long time ago Cannondale was actually a respected name here in my home state of PA where they were made?

Never owned a Cannondale - this wouldn't make me want to.

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
Back from Garda... https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12748394/ Wink

So, as I've said before - nothing really moved from my last post in the original thread. I got a Claymore test frame from my LBS (had to give them the damaged one), swapped the components, and sold the bike in May.

Again, I got nothing from Cannondale, not even an answer (till last week, when I got a call apparently directly from Cycling Sports Group Europe - just a chat, they wanted to know if I'm satisfied with their service (obviously not). They contacted me because the link to my thread was posted here, on this review.

Some of you alluded the problem to my LBS, as if they wanted to get the frame for themselves via my warranty claim. I highly doubt that is the case - when I got the call from Cdale last week, they didn't mention any frame being sent to me. I felt they were sorry for this situation to happen... if this will help other people to solve their warranty appropriately, I'm happy with it.

I have nothing else to add, I kept the topic up to date and that's it, nothing else has happend in between.

Thanks for reading and keeping this topic alive and am sorry on the other side that I even had to post it...

(I'll copy this post as an answer to other forums/comments as well, because I currently don't have time to reply individually.)

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 15:04 Quote
So...he said/she said kinda deal?

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
So c'dale were obviously trying to just claim the demo frame you got as 'one they sent' by fabricating a story of sending one the month before, all the while knowing they never actually had sent anything and had denied your claim, a pathetic attempt at damage control by lying through gritted teeth and only once the situation popped up on their sponsored bike review and bit them back.... Such a terrible attitude from such a big company, they clearly have no respect for their consumers

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
Well they are definitely off my list of future bike purchases, I'm shocked they didn't try to provide some sort of resolution/compensation even after this thread exploded.

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 6:34 Quote
But have you seen this!!!

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?mode=search

I even bet there's someone dumb enough somewhere who'll read this to go and then buy this, nice looker alright but it'll always be a cannonfail.

Then there are nothing such queer as trigger happy folks such as these...

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannondale-trigger-bargain

Who will go buy just because their clearing stock at a much reduced from a highly inflated rrp in the first place.
They would be the first to complain too, I mean imagine if they all crack n fail.

There will be an almighty cannondale thread on failings on that stw site for sure.

Facepalm

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 12:11 Quote
I'm sorry to hear about the negative experiences here. I worked for a Cannondale shop this summer and we never had any trouble with warranties. In fact, I got so comfortable with Cannondale's warranty procedure I ended up getting the Jekyll instead of the Trek Slash after many weeks of deliberation.

I hope this was an isolated case to do a bad rep. Our reps were always fantastic.

Our shop is the third largest Cannondale dealer in the world, just for record sake.

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 13:39 Quote
I have had warranty discussions in the past with Specialized, these have been handled extremely well. I have recently bought a new Cannondale bike with some significant paintwork/assembly/finish issues, their response has been extremely high handed and unhelpful. I like(d) the brand but would not buy again.

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
i have had cannondale bikes for the last 20 years and have made two warranty claims and both actioned in a timely fashion the first a f400 with bad paintwork frame replaced and my first lefty max and it was one of the first to have the thread pulled out, sent back to cannondale and fixed.
I have found that lately with the stem recall the uk importer wanted to charge me for a safety upgrade but complained directly to cannondale us and it was sorted.
I find complaining directly to the us gets thing moving faster.
as for bikes
super v 2000
raven carbon 3000
F400 f500
scalpel 800 & 2000 mk 1 carbon 1 mk 2
cannondale Gemini that had a lefty fault.
Jekyll mk 1 custom build in sunset orange us import.
jekyl 1000 and new carbon 2 with latest lefty max
Flash 2000 sold the frame for another carbon 1 scalpel and converted to 27.5
trigger carbon 1 26in sold it last year for the jekyll carbon 2 but got it back three months ago at it was lost at Heathrow air port and re listed on eBay as i was paid out for the lost bike, sold it for 1600 and got t it back for 800.
So only ever having two issues in 20 years both sorted with the amount of bikes that i have had credit to cannondale.
the problem is that when you have had a lefty for 15 years in all forms you cannot ride another fork as its like riding on jelly. It takes months to get to know how to get the best from them and the new lefty max is stunning, had a jekyll carbon 1 27.5 and gone back to the trigger 26 its so far the best cannondale i have ever ridden but just about to get a habit carbon 1 as a second bike.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
Beware: Read Cannondale’s fine print in their Limited Warranty Policy. They will use it against you for their best interest. My $5000.000 carbon fiber frame Jekyll broke after only six years of use. Cannondale never made a finding that it was due to use or abuse. A hairline crack formed at a weak point in the frame. The bike was sold to me with a lifetime warranty on the frame. The best offer Cannondale gave me was 20% of or retail – yes, that is right 20% off of retail. I fought them on it over a two month period and lost. So, I am now stuck with a 34lb paperweight. Cannondale has what I feel is the worse warranty in the bike business. If you do purchase a bike from Cannondale and something goes wrong, know that they will not work with you at any level in your best interest. This has been my experience.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
Jim650 wrote:
Beware: Read Cannondale’s fine print in their Limited Warranty Policy. They will use it against you for their best interest. My $5000.000 carbon fiber frame Jekyll broke after only six years of use. Cannondale never made a finding that it was due to use or abuse. A hairline crack formed at a weak point in the frame. The bike was sold to me with a lifetime warranty on the frame. The best offer Cannondale gave me was 20% of or retail – yes, that is right 20% off of retail. I fought them on it over a two month period and lost. So, I am now stuck with a 34lb paperweight. Cannondale has what I feel is the worse warranty in the bike business. If you do purchase a bike from Cannondale and something goes wrong, know that they will not work with you at any level in your best interest. This has been my experience.

you got 6 years of good use out of the bike. Lifetime warranty is against manufacturer defect, a manufacturer defect doesn't show up after 6 years of riding.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Amen! Now can we close this topic

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
Also lifetime typically means the reasonable lifetime of the product not your lifespan. Sure, we expect bikes to last a long time but 6 years isn't crazy. Would be nice if they offered crash replacement but 20% isn't bad. Bigger question is why is anyone outside of XC racing buying Cannondale bikes?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053464
Mobile Version of Website