Powered by Outside

Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 0:04 Quote
ThunderPatrol wrote:
seismicninja wrote:
ThunderPatrol wrote:
Bike (and tire) choice matters a lot on Gronk right now. On my Session, I barely make the transitions, on the Enduro EVO I'm half way down the landers with similar effort.

Definitely a factor. I wouldn't say my kenda nevegal 2.7/2.5 are fast rollers at all LOL

No one ever accused nevegals of being fast tires. They are fine for tech XC though...

Keep riding! one more week this season.

I really like them alot. They grip really well on the terrain there, especially the big front tire. I have to learn to trust it more in the corners because it just digs in so nice.

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 12:17 Quote
The website says open till November 18th?

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 18:11 Quote
8th is the correct date. This Sunday will end the season.

(At least that's the current schedule )

Word is we might stretch to 14,15. Stay tuned.

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 6:03 Quote
They posted on FB that they will be open 14 and 15th!

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
They posted on FB that they will be open 14 and 15th!

Yeah buddy!!! Too bad I cant make it then too;(

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 12:44 Quote
So my favorite combo so far is Sleeping Jake off the lift to Thunder cliffs to Gronk. Tried Wine Tree yesterday on the last run and what a blast. Can't wait till I get to know the trail better so I can go a little faster. And clear that rock drop.

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 12:51 Quote
Heading up next Sunday

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 18:31 Quote
I may be (am) biased, but man was this weekend great...

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 20:07 Quote
ThunderPatrol wrote:
I may be (am) biased, but man was this weekend great...

Yeah definitely. Weather on Friday was top notch minus a few sprinkles. Sure beats cold and snow in November lol

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 15:54 Quote
Heading up tomorrow. Who else is going to be out there freezing their ass off?

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 18:19 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
Heading up tomorrow. Who else is going to be out there freezing their ass off?

I wish I was. It's worth it.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 21:30 Quote
Hey Pumptrack,
I've been following your posts all year and appreciate your enthusiasm of Thunder but I feel I need to make a comment with no ill will intended. I am part owner of Gravity Logic who as I'm sure you are aware have been contracted to develop Thunder Mountain Bike Park. We (GL) are extremely proud of what we have accomplished at Thunder in such a short period of time and we are very happy that we can provide a great experience to East coast riders looking for something new.
I have the privilege of being friends with the main folks at Highland and can tell you that you are being a little unfair on these forums. Highland is a fantastic bike park, run by fantastic guys who build some of the best trails in the world. I have ridden there multiple times and have never left without feeling it has been one of the best days of riding ever. Highland was (is) an absolute Pioneer in the industry and Mark deserves nothing but praise for going out on a limb, pursuing his passion and creating a destination that has helped to grow the sport. By growing the sport he has introduced tens of thousands of new people to dh biking an inspired other resorts to get into the business. Without Highland there is a good chance that Thunder or any of the other newcomers would not exist. Our sport is extremely small compared to hockey, soccer, football etc and we all need to stick together to make this thing grow and not fail as an industry, with the consequences being nowhere to ride.
Once again, I appreciate your enthusiasm for Thunder and Thank you for your support, it means a lot to us. Your constant attacks on Highland are not really appreciated, certainly not warranted and lets celebrate that there are is more than one fantastic bike park in New England. So for everyone else out there who agrees, I propose a toast......
Cheers to Mark, Dave and Tom, who have created a masterpiece and are great guys to hang out with, Cheers to Thunder for believing that biking is worth investing in, and cheers to every single one of you who love biking enough to understand that a few fantastic bike parks in New England is a win for everyone, not a competition.
Hope I see you all on a lift whether it be at Highland, Thunder, Burke, Plattekill, Windham, Attitash, sugarbush, bromont, sunday river, Killington, or any of the new parks about to spring up. I ride them all and love them all, Variety is after all , the spice of life. Take Care, keep riding, and see you all next year.
Pumptrack.... look me up next spring and i'll buy you a few beers and we can talk about your favorite trails and what we can do better, because believe me, I know there is tons we can do better. Have a Great winter everyone!!!!

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 4:05 Quote
Well said good sir!

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 6:05 Quote
gldk wrote:
Hey Pumptrack,
I've been following your posts all year and appreciate your enthusiasm of Thunder but I feel I need to make a comment with no ill will intended. I am part owner of Gravity Logic who as I'm sure you are aware have been contracted to develop Thunder Mountain Bike Park. We (GL) are extremely proud of what we have accomplished at Thunder in such a short period of time and we are very happy that we can provide a great experience to East coast riders looking for something new.
I have the privilege of being friends with the main folks at Highland and can tell you that you are being a little unfair on these forums. Highland is a fantastic bike park, run by fantastic guys who build some of the best trails in the world. I have ridden there multiple times and have never left without feeling it has been one of the best days of riding ever. Highland was (is) an absolute Pioneer in the industry and Mark deserves nothing but praise for going out on a limb, pursuing his passion and creating a destination that has helped to grow the sport. By growing the sport he has introduced tens of thousands of new people to dh biking an inspired other resorts to get into the business. Without Highland there is a good chance that Thunder or any of the other newcomers would not exist. Our sport is extremely small compared to hockey, soccer, football etc and we all need to stick together to make this thing grow and not fail as an industry, with the consequences being nowhere to ride.
Once again, I appreciate your enthusiasm for Thunder and Thank you for your support, it means a lot to us. Your constant attacks on Highland are not really appreciated, certainly not warranted and lets celebrate that there are is more than one fantastic bike park in New England. So for everyone else out there who agrees, I propose a toast......
Cheers to Mark, Dave and Tom, who have created a masterpiece and are great guys to hang out with, Cheers to Thunder for believing that biking is worth investing in, and cheers to every single one of you who love biking enough to understand that a few fantastic bike parks in New England is a win for everyone, not a competition.
Hope I see you all on a lift whether it be at Highland, Thunder, Burke, Plattekill, Windham, Attitash, sugarbush, bromont, sunday river, Killington, or any of the new parks about to spring up. I ride them all and love them all, Variety is after all , the spice of life. Take Care, keep riding, and see you all next year.
Pumptrack.... look me up next spring and i'll buy you a few beers and we can talk about your favorite trails and what we can do better, because believe me, I know there is tons we can do better. Have a Great winter everyone!!!!

Cheers and amen to that.

Adam

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030382
Mobile Version of Website