Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

CRC are taking the piss

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:13 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
The point stands!

Your lookout with your local courier from customs - take it up with them!

Try supporting your local maybe next time.
if he did state he wanted royalmail untracked and they sent it DHL he has a point to be pissed ... not sure what your on about.

That said could be a simple mistake by crc. They probably dont fully understand how it effects us on delivery.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
I think they understand how international delivery works. Given its all over their website about additional charges and so on.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
Give it up dude.. they only say that you could have charges and they are your responsibility. Nothing more.

If he asked for something specific and was given something other than what he asked for, explain how that is his fault and not crc? Start your next post by explaining that huh..

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:31 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Give it up dude.. they only say that you could have charges and they are your responsibility. Nothing more.

If he asked for something specific and was given something other than what he asked for, explain how that is his fault and not crc? Start your next post by explaining that huh..

Eh? I was responding to you and your comment that maybe crc don't understand how delivery works internationally. I think given their size and the fact that they mention how it works all over the delivery section of the website that they know full well.

Its hardly a difficult situation to resolve. Look at receipt. See the postage option paid for. If incorrect based on how it was delivered then call them, tell them, get your refund for the courier charges that were levied.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:39 Quote
No actually they dont know fully how customs, duties, taxes and brokerage works to every country (especially when different shipping methods have different results into the same country). Nor do they need to know....they just need to know how to ship it.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:42 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
No actually they dont know fully how customs, duties, taxes and brokerage works to every country (especially when different shipping methods have different results into the same country). Nor do they need to know....they just need to know how to ship it.

And you know they have no idea about this because...... You work for them? Insider knowledge? Or just a guess based on your wild assumption in order to 'prove' your point?

Again, it's a piece of piss situation to resolve but somehow whinging about it online is peoples first port of call these days as if that will make it all better.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
Better not for him to post on their tweeter feed lol

He'd get stoned to death from thousands if mikes away hehe.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 12:55 Quote
There is nothing in their website to make me believe they know the differences. So I guess its just speculation either way but based on the fact that they changed their shipping methods to Canada a few times and this year in response to complaints tells me they are still learning.

Besides. Still doesnt answer why if you select one shipping carrier and get a different one it is some how the customers problem.

My last time I will bother wasting time in this piddley argument. It doesnt matter enough to me to bother.

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
Ask them that flip me!

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 15:36 Quote
iian wrote:
cannondalemale wrote:
iian wrote:

Yep, CRC employee who works with pricing everyday.

Got a full potato to myself for that post too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol lol lol lol lol

great reply its good to have a sense of humour im guessing CRC like all companies pay staff min wage and have there offices in tax havens or abroad where wages are pennies not pounds.

are CRC are lousy to work for as they seem

imagine its boring/long hours/min wage and not all fun and with very little bike related talk also don't think you'd get any staff discount. on the price front they don't really seem to be any cheaper then other sites now despite the constant stream of emails they send me everyday saying amazing sale money off this and that and Im not sure they have actual shops to go visit this is a big plus point for evans cycles I can go on try out my new shiny bits on a demo bike before I buy them .

so what im saying is does working for CRC make you hate cyclist more or less then normal

generally make a effort not to buy from CRC now days due to lousy customer service and dodgy parts and vouchers that don't work at all. yes ive brought parts in the past that turned out great only because ive had a voucher which made you cheaper then other sites. but recently evans/wiggle and superstar all seem to have better deals.

Wondering why I'm bothering replying, but hey ho here I am.

Good company to work for. Decent pay & benefits. Bike chat galore. Offices based firmly in sunny Northern Ireland with no plans to change that. I started in the warehouse at 16, worked my way up to the trading team now at 24. Opportunities are plentiful if you work for them.

Can you explain why a listed 84.99 2015 jacket (included in the spend over £75 get £10 off clearance sale) was increased in price to 124.99 and its year changed to 2016, during the course of the offer

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 18:05 Quote
Plane and simple, dont use them if you don't like how they busines. The best business in the world have customers that complain.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 0:50 Quote
brncr6 wrote:
Plane and simple, dont use them if you don't like how they busines. The best business in the world have customers that complain.

With all due respect , I'm asking someone who appears to work crc a question that started the thread.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 3:13 Quote
Shithouse wrote:
iian wrote:
cannondalemale wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol lol lol lol lol

great reply its good to have a sense of humour im guessing CRC like all companies pay staff min wage and have there offices in tax havens or abroad where wages are pennies not pounds.

are CRC are lousy to work for as they seem

imagine its boring/long hours/min wage and not all fun and with very little bike related talk also don't think you'd get any staff discount. on the price front they don't really seem to be any cheaper then other sites now despite the constant stream of emails they send me everyday saying amazing sale money off this and that and Im not sure they have actual shops to go visit this is a big plus point for evans cycles I can go on try out my new shiny bits on a demo bike before I buy them .

so what im saying is does working for CRC make you hate cyclist more or less then normal

generally make a effort not to buy from CRC now days due to lousy customer service and dodgy parts and vouchers that don't work at all. yes ive brought parts in the past that turned out great only because ive had a voucher which made you cheaper then other sites. but recently evans/wiggle and superstar all seem to have better deals.

Wondering why I'm bothering replying, but hey ho here I am.

Good company to work for. Decent pay & benefits. Bike chat galore. Offices based firmly in sunny Northern Ireland with no plans to change that. I started in the warehouse at 16, worked my way up to the trading team now at 24. Opportunities are plentiful if you work for them.

Can you explain why a listed 84.99 2015 jacket (included in the spend over £75 get £10 off clearance sale) was increased in price to 124.99 and its year changed to 2016, during the course of the offer

My guess would be that is a supplier decision, not CRC. The supplier probably decided to continue the jacket in question into 2016 without changes and therefore it becomes 'current' again.

This kind of thing happens all of the time when suppliers and brands overstock on certain lines.

FL
Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
Timlake, you hit the nail on the head.

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
Buy from the EU Germany is awesome for bike parts no heavy postage costs or import fees as its covered

It 3 days for me to get a entire wheelset shipped over from Germany and thanks to the euro I got it at a bargain price

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.125923
Mobile Version of Website