Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 5:59 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
Main thought to date is it is easily the best 29er I've ridden. And I've owned a lot, and demoed even more :-)

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind going into a bit more detail about what your comparing it too?

I already have over here a bit on the mtbr thread I started:

http://forums.mtbr.com/yt/anyone-got-their-jeffsy-yet-1013154.html

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

How are the shifters/brakes/dropper lever connected ? I noticed on the 2x shimano models they have a matchmaker type mount. Swapping the brakes out for hopes so trying to work out what else I need to make sure everything still mounts to the bars

Shifters and brakes joined togethethe but can be separated very easily. Dropper comes with own collar and Is seperate.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 8:52 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
photo

How are the shifters/brakes/dropper lever connected ? I noticed on the 2x shimano models they have a matchmaker type mount. Swapping the brakes out for hopes so trying to work out what else I need to make sure everything still mounts to the bars

Shifters and brakes joined togethethe but can be separated very easily. Dropper comes with own collar and Is seperate.

Thats great cheers, I assume the hubs are actually centrelock with adapters? just noticed in the pictures and on the dt site that those wheels only come in centrelock Frown

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 8:49 Quote
Hey there!
Can any of you share some insight on the sizing?
Right now I am currently in a dilemma whether to buy an M or L Jeffsy al comp 2.
I am 176cm tall. My only real life reference is a Specialized Stumpy FSR 29 size M which felt very comfortable , having a smaller reach than the Jeffsy M, namely 417mm versus 425mm.
Any info and/or thought is appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
LiveAeons wrote:
Hey there!
Can any of you share some insight on the sizing?
Right now I am currently in a dilemma whether to buy an M or L Jeffsy al comp 2.
I am 176cm tall. My only real life reference is a Specialized Stumpy FSR 29 size M which felt very comfortable , having a smaller reach than the Jeffsy M, namely 417mm versus 425mm.
Any info and/or thought is appreciated!
Thanks a lot!

The large is about the same size as a large stumpy so if you were happy with medium, probably better staying Medium as it is slightly bigger than the Stumpy M, also what is your inseam as the large Jeffsy has quite a tall seat tube

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
Inseam is 86cm
Indeed, the Jeffsy M has 425 reach with a 50mm stem and the Stumpy M has a 417 reach with a 60mm stem, Jeffsy having an advantage in length.
About 80% of my friends told me to go for the M, only the most agressive riders reccomended the L for me, but in that case, the seattube + the 150mm reverb would be overkill

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
LiveAeons wrote:
Inseam is 86cm
Indeed, the Jeffsy M has 425 reach with a 50mm stem and the Stumpy M has a 417 reach with a 60mm stem, Jeffsy having an advantage in length.
About 80% of my friends told me to go for the M, only the most agressive riders reccomended the L for me, but in that case, the seattube + the 150mm reverb would be overkill

I'm 173cm and medium is fine. With the large seat tube and dropper I would recommend u get medium.

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 13:29 Quote
LiveAeons wrote:
Inseam is 86cm

You have a longer inseam than me and I was ok on a large still had 20mm seatpost exposed, all depends on if you like a long reach or not

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
Thats great cheers, I assume the hubs are actually centrelock with adapters? just noticed in the pictures and on the dt site that those wheels only come in centrelock Frown

I'm also interested to know if they are centerlock or adaptors.

I'm pretty set on getting a Jeffsy in the cheapest version as I want the 2x10 and don't really care for the lighter equipment of the higher up models. At 6'1.6" tall I'll be getting a large and run it with a 60mm stem and some 780mm bars. I'll probably put some Zee brakes on and change the tyres to something that can handle the wet.

FL
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 5:02 Quote
I have a CF Comp 1 and I'm loving it. Is like a more effective Enduro 29 from which I am coming from. But I'm getting some unidentifiable noise which I think is coming from the bottom bracket area when I'm standing up pedaling hard and leaning the bike to the left. It's only when putting pressure on the right pedal and leaning to the left that this appears on every cycle of the cranks. And only when pedaling. It's like a mix between a clunk and a click. Anyone else experience this? It's driving me nuts.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:06 Quote
Christofferdurietz wrote:
I have a CF Comp 1 and I'm loving it. Is like a more effective Enduro 29 from which I am coming from. But I'm getting some unidentifiable noise which I think is coming from the bottom bracket area when I'm standing up pedaling hard and leaning the bike to the left. It's only when putting pressure on the right pedal and leaning to the left that this appears on every cycle of the cranks. And only when pedaling. It's like a mix between a clunk and a click. Anyone else experience this? It's driving me nuts.

Check the washer that comes between the pedal and the crank arm. Don't forget to grease the thread too, and close it tightly afterwards. That was a reason for clicking in mine.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:11 Quote
For future size reference - 176 height, 78 inseam - went Medium, feels perfect. I'd say the inseam is more important for sizing, than just height.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
Hiya folks,

After much agonising over sizing I've placed an order for a medium frame AL 1. I'm 174cm with a 81cm inseam, or 5'8.5" and 32" in old money. I hope I've made the right decision. All my previous bikes have been medium but I've never been exactly between sizes before.

How are you lucky people who already have one getting on?

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 14:31 Quote
Tested a xl al comp 1 and a xl cf comp 1 jeffsy at sherwood pines with the rolling circus. Went with the cf comp 1.im 6'2 an the xl was spot on.defo wouldn't want it any smaller.felt very good an playful.im coming off an xl nukeproof mega am pro 275 which feels like a tank in comparison. Only problem I've got us the wait.27th July till its available!!!I'm counting down the days!

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
RockNRolla92 wrote:

I'm also interested to know if they are centerlock or adaptors.

I'm pretty set on getting a Jeffsy in the cheapest version as I want the 2x10 and don't really care for the lighter equipment of the higher up models. At 6'1.6" tall I'll be getting a large and run it with a 60mm stem and some 780mm bars. I'll probably put some Zee brakes on and change the tyres to something that can handle the wet.

Just got my al comp2 today, this one is definitely not centrelock surprisingly/thankfully so my hope rotors fit nicely. Though its a bit annoying that the reverb is the left hand side top now as if I go 1x11 I can't mount it in the place of the rear shifter

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031987
Mobile Version of Website