YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
YT Customer Service/Warranty Thread
O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
Mfacey wrote:
Frontrange wrote:
MilkyWayne wrote:

Yeah but if you're asking for something that might be major work and you're probably the only person throughout a couple of years that wants that service, cause it's maybe not even implemented in their whole system, how should that work out? until they get it implemented or made your whole order including the bank transfer thing manually... those 5 days might be over anyway.. so actually i don't get why that's such a big thing for you

What? Maybe it’s different in your country. I simply wanted to reserve a bike with a deposit. It’s not a big deal here, especially outside of COVID times. We can disagree, it’s ok. The big deal is a lack (and it wasn’t a big deal) of good customer service. Especially being a direct to consumer company. They’re in the business of selling bikes. I wanted to buy one. They didn’t allow that to happen. I’m ordering a Commencal.

I think you're being unrealistic with your expectations. If YT doesn't offer to reserve a bike with a deposit and prefers to sell them to customers paying in full, why would they offer it to you? And why would you expect them to make an exception for you? Have you purchased with them before? Are you a super loyal customer?
Honestly, we're in the biggest sellers market in decades. Someone else is probably super happy being able to purchase the bike that you MIGHT have purchased.
Also, why didn't you just buy it outright and return it if you decided to go a different route?

Did you read all of my replies? No one is buying XL DH bikes in America. That’s why they only ordered two. The bikes are still available by the way. Yes I have purchased bikes from YT in the past and was even willing to give a 100% deposit as long as I was allowed to switch payment methods before they shipped. They lost a sale. I’m over it, you should be too.

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
lubes17319 wrote:
Frontrange wrote:
...there's simply not many places that require them...in Colorado...
Ever hear of Box o' Rocks? :sad:

LOL when I get desperate enough trying to dial the big bike in ANYTHING can happen. Box O Rocks, Lair o Bear, bear creek lake…

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 17:50 Quote
Guess who's back! Cracked the Jeffsy... for the third time. I'm not even really pissed, just super disappointed in the quality of these frames. I've only done a handful of large drops since I got this frame, and while it wasn't cared for immaculately, I made sure to keep it up to date with the service intervals. Just submitted my warranty claim and at this point I'm not even sure which invoice/order number I'm supposed to use. Hell, it even routed me to the EU service department this time, so I'm not quite sure what's going on with their website, but I reckon I'll find out in a day or two.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Guess who's back! Cracked the Jeffsy... for the third time. I'm not even really pissed, just super disappointed in the quality of these frames. I've only done a handful of large drops since I got this frame, and while it wasn't cared for immaculately, I made sure to keep it up to date with the service intervals. Just submitted my warranty claim and at this point I'm not even sure which invoice/order number I'm supposed to use. Hell, it even routed me to the EU service department this time, so I'm not quite sure what's going on with their website, but I reckon I'll find out in a day or two.

big question is; what is a "large drop" i mean you know it's an all mountain right? other than that i know quite a few guys with jeffsys that never had problems with it and really send it, so just curious what gets you there

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
I'd say a large drops is about 10ft with a landing and 8ft if it's a huck to flat.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
I'd say a large drops is about 10ft with a landing and 8ft if it's a huck to flat.

And you are wondering why you keep breaking them? Its a trail bike dude. If you want to do big hucks get a Capra or a Tues. I weigh over 200lbs and had a Jeffsy for years with no issues. But you know what I didnt do? Huck it to flat lol.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
MrKrazy wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

And you are wondering why you keep breaking them? Its a trail bike dude. If you want to do big hucks get a Capra or a Tues. I weigh over 200lbs and had a Jeffsy for years with no issues. But you know what I didnt do? Huck it to flat lol.

I mean it's 150-160. It's my understanding that such a bike would be considered enduro. Now, I'm throwing a bit more at it, but there are plenty of other bikes in this travel range that seem to cope much better with this kind of abuse.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 17:30 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
MrKrazy wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

I mean it's 150-160. It's my understanding that such a bike would be considered enduro. Now, I'm throwing a bit more at it, but there are plenty of other bikes in this travel range that seem to cope much better with this kind of abuse.

No, that is Trail/AM bike territory. 170-180 is usually considered Enduro territory.

Also notice that YT does not claim it is an enduro bike. Instead they call the Capra an enduro bike.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
MrKrazy wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
MrKrazy wrote:

No, that is Trail/AM bike territory. 170-180 is usually considered Enduro territory.

Also notice that YT does not claim it is an enduro bike. Instead they call the Capra an enduro bike.

a 150/160 bike should easily handle what an "enduro" bike can, many bikes enduro bikes around with only 150mm travel anyway.

Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 19:38 Quote
I'm not trying to argue what this bike is or is not defined as, I'm merely trying to point out that many other aluminum, as you put it "all mountain," bikes seem to hold up to this kind of abuse. I'm just rather disappointed in the quality and durability of these frames, especially since no hard *direct* impacts to the frame occured.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
Well, I just received an email from them saying that the issue will be covered by warranty. This far Andreas has been very helpful, he even managed to pull up the original invoice after I lost mine. They offered to upgrade me to a carbon frame for my troubles considering this is my third cracked frame in two years. Not sure if I'll take them up on the offer because I ride a lot of street so my frame is more susceptible to acute impacts.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
MrKrazy wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

a 150/160 bike should easily handle what an "enduro" bike can, many bikes enduro bikes around with only 150mm travel anyway.

No, it shouldnt. There is a reason "enduro" bikes usually have beefier chainstays and slacker head angles.

If you continually huck a trail bike to flat you WILL break it. Its not an if but a when.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Well, I just received an email from them saying that the issue will be covered by warranty. This far Andreas has been very helpful, he even managed to pull up the original invoice after I lost mine. They offered to upgrade me to a carbon frame for my troubles considering this is my third cracked frame in two years. Not sure if I'll take them up on the offer because I ride a lot of street so my frame is more susceptible to acute impacts.

If you are getting fatigue cracks along the welds you might want to consider upgrading to the carbon frame.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 17:02 Quote
MrKrazy wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

If you are getting fatigue cracks along the welds you might want to consider upgrading to the carbon frame.

Not going to argue with this since the first crack was on a weld; however, the past two cracks have been around the cable ports with the closest weld being about three inches away. Both times this weld has remained intact. I'm still hesitant since I've seen friends crack enduro frames from harsh impacts and my bikes definitely receive a lot of those. lol

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 2:10 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

You're lucky YT is not reading this thread actively... at least not the guy that is helping you....!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027245
Mobile Version of Website