Crashed into a car today story, tell yours.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Crashed into a car today story, tell yours.
O+
Posted: May 15, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I'm the enemy of any driver I meet these days. On my fixed gear I tend to weave in and out of the cars not caring at all, if I make a car swerve and it's my fault I won't bat an eyelid at it, but if a car does anything remotely wrong I will be right beside him trying to get revenge in some way. The windmirror is always the easiest way to get back at them.

Last week I nailed an Audi when riding to work on my BMX, the idiot tried to turn in onto his drive when I was on the sidewalk, and instead of driving all the way on so I could get past, he stopped. So I slammed into the side of the car leaving a big dent and left him with a few words to think about. I'm sure paying for the damages will teach him to look next time.

your not cool at all. i ride, but on the road cars do have the right of way. as much as you hate it, they do. your going to get f*cked up one day by some guy runnign you over, or you pissing the wrong person off. and it wil be your own damn fault. thanks for making all riders look like dickheads you twat

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
your not cool at all. i ride, but on the road cars do have the right of way. as much as you hate it, they do. your going to get f*cked up one day by some guy runnign you over, or you pissing the wrong person off. and it wil be your own damn fault. thanks for making all riders look like dickheads you twat
+1

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
I know full well what I can and can't do legally, cars do not have the right of way over cyclists. The right of way ruling is the same to all vehicles. The only thing different is that bicycle ruling advises that we stay more aware for our own personal safety. These are only there because drivers are not expected to see or acknowledge us.

If I do however get hit because of something I caused, then that is how it is. But if it's the drivers fault I shall make sure I get as much justice as possible.

You'll notice that mountain bike riders have a very different perspective on drivers/cars than road bikers. A lot of it is ignorance to what the road bikers go through. What's your response if you're enjoying your ride up the mountain and some a*shole beeps his horn at you after throwing a cigarette butt at you? That luckily doesn't happen in the mountain, but on the road it's not a rare thing.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
I aint no mountain biker! I ride street. when people in cars give you shit, you have to take it. some people are a*sholes. deal with it.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I know full well what I can and can't do legally, cars do not have the right of way over cyclists. The right of way ruling is the same to all vehicles. The only thing different is that bicycle ruling advises that we stay more aware for our own personal safety. These are only there because drivers are not expected to see or acknowledge us.

If I do however get hit because of something I caused, then that is how it is. But if it's the drivers fault I shall make sure I get as much justice as possible.

You'll notice that mountain bike riders have a very different perspective on drivers/cars than road bikers. A lot of it is ignorance to what the road bikers go through. What's your response if you're enjoying your ride up the mountain and some a*shole beeps his horn at you after throwing a cigarette butt at you? That luckily doesn't happen in the mountain, but on the road it's not a rare thing.

may not be drivers throwing cigarette butts, but there are plenty of trampers and horse riders who use the mountainbiking trails and blame bikers for coming round corners and almost hitting them. I have had this happen many time but im not so stupid as to try and get revenge on these people and risk my own safety whilst doing so. You are as bad as the drivers you are complaining about. maybe stop and think about what your doing and you might realise how hypocrytical you are.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 17:35 Quote
So my friend a I are racing down this steep hill, were about three feet apart and he tries to pass me on some guys lawn, but it turns out a theres a hedge on the lawn. He swerves back onto the walk and gets the speed wobbles, brakes and flips over the bars, him and his bike land under this guys van. They way he landed he was pinned under this guys van tangled up in his bike. I go knock on they guys door and he comes out, gets my friends out and his solution to getting the bike out was to get into his van, run it over (twice), and then park on it and go back into his house.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
BenderGade-44 wrote:
i was crossing a street once , and it was a green light for me, and a jeep came up and was looking the other way , getting rdy to go and he gunned it and i was infront of him and got smashed, flew into the middle of the road, and i seen a white van comming straight for me, it didnt hit me tho, i got up and punched his head light out, and luckil the ambulance was right behind him

Part in bold is absolute bullshit. You would have required stitches if you punched his headlight out. I've done it before...rips your hand to f*cking shreds....and it also takes multiple punches usually.

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
I got hit by a car on my 200$ bmx, im now getting 500$ no questions asked. Smile

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
two nights ago, coming through an intersection , i have green light, and a minivan on the opposing side of the street makes a left turn into me. i am carried on the hood for a few meters. at first i was jsut numb. they gt out and dragged me onto the sidewal cause i couldn't get up. this hot chick in a car behind them comforts me and calls in for the ambuance but this couldn't be happening! too unreal. the numbing is wearing off so i turn tel her to turn down the ambulance as she's talking to them on the fone. i can't be hurt! i was in super denial. i've been busy for the last 3 weeks and haven't DHed at all when before i was going 3 times a week and the next day i was suppse to go nuts on the trails. i ended up being taken to the hospital with a fractured bone in my lower leg. i go back to the hospital on thursday to find out if i need screws. and the p2 is dead. you spend like $200 on protective equipment for DH and now i'm done for 8 weeks cause i rode on the. and it's not like i was having fun.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
roro4000 wrote:
two nights ago, coming through an intersection , i have green light, and a minivan on the opposing side of the street makes a left turn into me. i am carried on the hood for a few meters. at first i was jsut numb. they gt out and dragged me onto the sidewal cause i couldn't get up. this hot chick in a car behind them comforts me and calls in for the ambuance but this couldn't be happening! too unreal. the numbing is wearing off so i turn tel her to turn down the ambulance as she's talking to them on the fone. i can't be hurt! i was in super denial. i've been busy for the last 3 weeks and haven't DHed at all when before i was going 3 times a week and the next day i was suppse to go nuts on the trails. i ended up being taken to the hospital with a fractured bone in my lower leg. i go back to the hospital on thursday to find out if i need screws. and the p2 is dead. you spend like $200 on protective equipment for DH and now i'm done for 8 weeks cause i rode on the. and it's not like i was having fun.

what did the drivers of the minivan do?

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
dirtjumper-420 wrote:
lol i probably have the coolest dad you would ever meet

haha, thats legit! My dad came to my defense last week when i got yelled at by some lady for "almost hitting her" (there was a good 5 ft between us) on my BMX while she was walking. My dad normally isnt very confrontational if he doesnt need to be, but she said "You were absolutely out of control" (which i wasnt) and my dad turns to her and goes "lady, he has more control over that bike than most people do over their feet" and she just walked away hahahaha. Dads are awesome!

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
i was bombing down a hill to just catch the lights once when a car on the other side turns right on a no right turn junction jammed on the breaks and missed him by about 3 cm just as i looked back he was getting pulled over by a police car so close to getting hit but just not quite there thank god

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
he was cool. i guess for someone that almost killed you. he and all the old people, they were all old, drove me to the hospital and their insurance should be taking care of me, my bike and a week away or two away from work. it seems they had no idea i was coming, but the situation was that they stopped before making the turn so i thought they were clearing me to go because i generally don't do anything on the street unless i know the drivers now about me. i was wrong that time. and the chick in the other car gave me her number. she's super sweet and i talked to her yesterday morning but i'm intimidated by her super rice rocket integra. i also had hot nurse. i think i'm gonna spray paint my ctutches black primer and orange to match my DH hardtail. i got messed up pretty good but really i just want to make the most of the situation. and no one was a jerk.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
I had a close encounter a couple weeks back. A pizza delivery guy turned into driveway of the parking lot as I was crossing, I had to foot jam it hard to stop in time and he passed a few feet in front of me.

A couple guys in a van behind him stop and roll down their window, the driver says to me "if you want to go start shit with that guy, we saw it all.". I thanked him for the offer then explained that its not possible to go after every person that has almost ran me over. We both went on our way.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I had a close encounter a couple weeks back. A pizza delivery guy turned into driveway of the parking lot as I was crossing, I had to foot jam it hard to stop in time and he passed a few feet in front of me.

A couple guys in a van behind him stop and roll down their window, the driver says to me "if you want to go start shit with that guy, we saw it all.". I thanked him for the offer then explained that its not possible to go after every person that has almost ran me over. We both went on our way.

+1! good choice!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021762
Mobile Version of Website