Powered by Outside

Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Juicy 7 or Hayes 9?
Posted: May 20, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
id say juicy. I am currently running 9s and they sqeek like crazy. juicys take like 15 days to break in but after that there perfect for any sort of biking.

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
my mates have hayes 9, they are ok bt squeek like f*ck, i like avid juicy 3's they mint brakes for the price, and the juicys sevens are just better. juicy vs code
Pimp

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 3:03 Quote
ive got Hayes 9's and have found no squeeking up to yet and they stop awsome Smile but i have not had them long, but i know someone who has had juicy 7's for ages and loves them and says they are perfect Blank Stare

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 3:13 Quote
Why did you even ask juicy all the way

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
lordyxxx wrote:
my mates have hayes 9, they are ok bt squeek like f*ck, i like avid juicy 3's they mint brakes for the price, and the juicys sevens are just better. juicy vs code
Pimp

Code would win that battle for sure, but as a juicy 7 rider, I could hardly believe there is a better brake for the price.. Hayes are poo...

I say this as a previous owner of hayes..

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
i dont feel lliek reading everything but if your thinking about the juicy 7s just get the juicy 5s same exact thing they just dont have the adjustment... which you wont ever use cause the break pads self aline them selfs to do wear

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
i have nines on my hardtail, and they are super reliable (for me at least) the nines suck for any type of ridng that requires alot of braking, but other than that they work fine. I dont own jucies, but ive ridden them and dont like them. they seem to be either on or off. I just recently got the stroker trails and they are amazing, no fade on long runs, plenty of power, excellent modulation, and the lever feels so natural. I absolutely love my strokers. I vote the strokers way better than jucies or nines.
i have that same opinion of nines and juicys as i also run a nine on my hard tail, but yet to try a stroker

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 23:59 Quote
i actually think that a well set up juicy seven could take down a code. thats just me but my buddys got codes 7s on his sxt and my juicy 7's are just as good

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
9's versus juicy 7's
thats like comparing a flinestones running foot car to a mercedes or some shit like that.
juicy's. more power, more modulation, more adjustmenst, they don't self adjust, no brake fade, better feel, better brake.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
IS this a serious thread?

Mod
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 16:32 Quote
I perfer hayes 9's over juicy 7's when both are well set up.

Jiucy 7's tend to fade alot faster than 9's did. Always have to be pumping up the brake on long 30 minute dh's and stuff, Hayes held up way better in that respect. Hayes also had a more crisp feel to them than 7's which I prefer.
Juicys 7's win out so far in parts not breaking and pads etc. lasting longer.

In the end - I wish I hadn't wasted my money on Juicy 7's and that I had bought Oros instead when I replaced my 9's.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
I perfer hayes 9's over juicy 7's when both are well set up.

Jiucy 7's tend to fade alot faster than 9's did. Always have to be pumping up the brake on long 30 minute dh's and stuff, Hayes held up way better in that respect. Hayes also had a more crisp feel to them than 7's which I prefer.
Juicys 7's win out so far in parts not breaking and pads etc. lasting longer.

In the end - I wish I hadn't wasted my money on Juicy 7's and that I had bought Oros instead when I replaced my 9's.

the only reason they were fading was because you have to bleed them after 20 hours of riding. then they dont miss a beat

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
i dont feel lliek reading everything but if your thinking about the juicy 7s just get the juicy 5s same exact thing they just dont have the adjustment... which you wont ever use cause the break pads self aline them selfs to do wear

thats not true. the 7's are a bit lighter and they have alot more stopping power ofer the two

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041165
Mobile Version of Website