Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
O+
Posted: May 17, 2023 at 18:50 Quote
Just sent in a Performance & got a 2024 Factory back. Cool

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 2:36 Quote
Fox Factory UK is now open

Service and warranty booking is now open https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=bike

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 6:42 Quote
Rob0577 wrote:

Service and warranty booking is now open https://www.ridefox.com/service.php?m=bike

Is this through SilverFish or Fox directly?

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 7:20 Quote
Flavaine wrote:
Rob0577 wrote:

Is this through SilverFish or Fox directly?

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 7:58 Quote
I think you missed your response bud.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 9:16 Quote
Flavaine wrote:

Direct Fox

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 9:19 Quote
Rob0577 wrote:
Flavaine wrote:

Direct Fox

Cheers. So using that when it goes again might result in a 2024 shock. Tidy.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 9:25 Quote
FrizzleFlicks wrote:

What was wrong with your Performance?

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 10:10 Quote
crj5 wrote:
FrizzleFlicks wrote:

What was wrong with your Performance?

Loud sucking/squelching noise, inconsistent rebound (if any at times) Off a Transition Scout. LBS sorted it for me.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 11:35 Quote
Thanks, sounds similar to what is going on with ours, I just filled out the service/warranty form for both shocks. I hope it ends up getting taken care of without incurring cost. The last page of the form gives Fox a blank check to charge $190 for service plus up to $50 in parts per shock!

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 13:03 Quote
crj5 wrote:
Thanks, sounds similar to what is going on with ours, I just filled out the service/warranty form for both shocks. I hope it ends up getting taken care of without incurring cost. The last page of the form gives Fox a blank check to charge $190 for service plus up to $50 in parts per shock!

I'm sure they will take care of you, it's a pretty well known issue.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 13:23 Quote
MRED-mtb wrote:
How is everyone starting the service process? I thought I would find a link on their website to start filling out information, but all I found was an email that I haven't heard back from lately...
They’re easy to get on the phone with the number at the top of their website. The first time I talked to them 6 months ago they said I was out of luck due to being second owner, but then a few weeks ago when I talked to them again they told me I’d get new shock and walked me through submitting that warranty form that others have linked to.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 17:11 Quote
[Quote="crj5"]Thanks, sounds similar to what is going on with ours, I just filled out the service/warranty form for both shocks. I hope it ends up getting taken care of without incurring cost. The last page of the form gives Fox a blank check to charge $190 for service plus up to $50 in parts per shock![/Quote

The credit card thing is normal- you should be covered. I really feel like Fox is kicking some ass by taking care of this the right way. Car makers need a class action lawsuit, that no one but the lawyers get paid, to fix known issues that they IGNORED. Hats off to Fox- they are standing behind their product which is rare these days. For those that are curious the process is very simple and any Fox dealer can take care of this for you. You do not need to be within warranty coverage- if you have a latest generation X2 they take care of it. You pay shipping in, they cover shipping out. So glad to see this as I think the X2 is one of the best shocks out there when it works and is setup correctly.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 18:26 Quote
Wonder if I could find a problem with my X2 Performance to get it replaced with a Factory... Pirate

Its a 2020 though so probably doesn't have the issues of the 21-22 model, plus it seems to be working fine.

Posted: May 18, 2023 at 20:07 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Wonder if I could find a problem with my X2 Performance to get it replaced with a Factory... Pirate

Its a 2020 though so probably doesn't have the issues of the 21-22 model, plus it seems to be working fine.

Working fine? You poor thing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024436
Mobile Version of Website