Powered by Outside

ironhorse sunday fox 40 or boxxer

PB Forum :: Downhill
ironhorse sunday fox 40 or boxxer
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
freeridepirate wrote:
All you have to do is settle the discussion with sam hill, whats he ride a boxxer............then boxxers your chioce

sam would ride fox if he got them for free like he gets boxxers for free

it makes no difference to them

FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
Yeah but notice that like everyone in the top 10 besides Gee has Boxxers...

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
Rock shox has a way bigger budget than Fox that's why there are more big name riders running Boxxers. Sam hills forks are nothing like the ones you and I can get in the store. my 2 cents of knowledge.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 0:17 Quote
Who ever says that rock shox is the way to go because sam hill rides it is just dumb. He is going to ride what ever the team rides and he gets paid to ride. He could win riding a 40 or a 888 but he rides a world cup cause thats what he is getting paid to ride. If you have a decent amount of skill you can win on any of those forks.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
Which bike do you think is better ?

Orange 224 or a Yeti 303 DH
Thanks edzie

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
the 40 has over 1200 components in the fork. So much shit goes wrong. The dampening system is basically fluid in a bag and the bag will break on every 40 no matter what. in the past 2 months i know personally 5 people who have blown up their 40's and once you do that your dampening is done and its not covered under warranty, the internals in the 40 are shitty and the boxxer will out preform the 40 any day.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 7:07 Quote
biker-edzie wrote:
Which bike do you think is better ?

Orange 224 or a Yeti 303 DH
Thanks edzie

224. purely because if shit goes wrong with the linkage it wouldnt be a bitch to fix. Not to mention they probably feel nicer on high speeds. Honestly if you were gonna spend that much though just get a La Pierre

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 7:32 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
the 40 has over 1200 components in the fork. So much shit goes wrong. The dampening system is basically fluid in a bag and the bag will break on every 40 no matter what. in the past 2 months i know personally 5 people who have blown up their 40's and once you do that your dampening is done and its not covered under warranty, the internals in the 40 are shitty and the boxxer will out preform the 40 any day.

cool i know lots of wc riders who have no problems and dozens of people who ride 40s everyday at my bike park and dont have any problems with there 40

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
i've ridden every level of boxxers wc, teams etc don't get me wrong they're good forks but after about a years harsh riding on them they start to give up. before you go on about regular servicing hear me out.
i've had my fox forks for about two years and they've never had an oil change and still feel as sweet as the day i first got them. they're stiffer than the boxxers by far. so they may be thin but if you want thick stanchions buy a set of rigids. everyone has 'heard' of 40s cracking but in my years of racing etc i've never seen a pair blow up like i've seen boxxers do.
since i got my 40s i run fox forks on all of my bikes and i dont mind spending a bit more if it means i dont need to send them off to tftuned to get serviced every couple of months. plus they do look alot better too

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
Hill secretly fills his boxxer up with monster energy before every race and that is why he does so well

FL
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
freeridepirate wrote:
Hill secretly fills his boxxer up with monster energy before every race and that is why he does so well

^^^ COD (coment of the day) ?????

FL
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
freeridepirate wrote:

lol

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
extremedhracer wrote:
freeridepirate wrote:

^^^ COD (coment of the day) ?????
thats a good idea!!

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
go the boxxer wc bro they are the best race fork out there

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
apioqm wrote:
Yeah but notice that like everyone in the top 10 besides Gee has Boxxers...
gee uses fox

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032858
Mobile Version of Website