PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
how is it a mtb?
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
irvinegr wrote:
PNWrider wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

in what way isnt it?

do you ride it on a mountain?

yes, have you seen kranked: progression.. i think that is the one with ryan leech riding the north shore on his trials bike.

he is not riding a trials bike, he is riding the norco xxxx with a marz 4x fork. not a trials bike, he was just doing trials riding on it.
trials bike is a trials bike, like bmx, and mtb. definately its own category

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
norcoumper wrote:
irvinegr wrote:

in what way isnt it?

moron.
a trials bike is almost the exact same as a street bike, can have suspension, very short and low with thin frames, they dont even have a seat, therefore a street bike is a mtb
you can say the same thing about how is a Dh bike a mtb, its closer to a motorbike, its basically a moto with cranks

that doesnt prove that a street bike is a mtb at all. and a dh bike is a mountain bike because you ride it on a mountain. its not even close to a motorbike

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
The best trails bikes are actually 20" bikes. So would they be BMX bikes? They look nothing like a BMX if you know what your looking at. My "MTB has 24" wheels not 26. Cruisers have 24" wheels and actually are BMX bikes. My rear end is too short to properly run gears, and doesn't even have a hangar. All said and done it is as far from an MTB as a 20" trials is from a BMX. As far as a name though I could call it a BMX because They do race them at the local track, and it is closer to a BMX than an MTB. I just call it a jumper because that's what it was built for.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
norcoumper wrote:

moron.
a trials bike is almost the exact same as a street bike, can have suspension, very short and low with thin frames, they dont even have a seat, therefore a street bike is a mtb
you can say the same thing about how is a Dh bike a mtb, its closer to a motorbike, its basically a moto with cranks

that doesnt prove that a street bike is a mtb at all. and a dh bike is a mountain bike because you ride it on a mountain. its not even close to a motorbike
yeah, bad example, even tho people still ride mx bikes on mountains
its just like mountain cross, its not on a mountain, you use the same bike for street/dirt for mtn-x, so how is it mountain cross, its more similar to bmx racing, its mountain xross because it all started on a mtb, just like 26/24" dirt/street riding started on mountain bikes, and slowly evolved into what it is today

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
Pikey08 wrote:
i call a street or dirtjump bike what they are. street bike or dirtjumper.Ninja

yea me too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018258
Mobile Version of Website