Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
JUICY FIVES NO QUESTION!!!!

i have them on my 2006 specialized big hit 2

they stop so good!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
i'm a bike mechanic, hope every time! especially for racing!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 14:16 Quote
Hayes hands down every time. My Hayes 9's are better than my Juicy 7s just due to the fact they work every time i go out and ride them as opposed to being unable to ride my Avids for two weeks due to them breaking after a few rides...

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 14:26 Quote
MAGS!!! last forever

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 3:55 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
Sorry for my dumbassness in saying formulas. Go for the Avids, if they're good enough for Peaty, they're good enough for you. Big Grin

Don't be sorry.

Formula oro k18 brakes are incredible. They are not very common so people think there shit. Ihave hayes hfx 9 and im upgrading as i tried a pair, absoultey gorgous brakes.

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
i think u shud get juicy 5s coz they have more power the lever fells alot better

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
siders wrote:
ok people hope are better than all they have made breaks for ages and they are good at it did some body say hayes have more world cups under there belt dont hope or as most pros run avid or hope there are not other good once

i think hayes do actually have most world cup champ under its belt but only because they have done it longer.
go for formula. look good and not many people have them. and they were used on the honda bike. oro's are nice but got for the one. best brake you can get right now.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
why are we talking about hopes, and formulas? i'm pretty sure we're talking about HFX's and Juicy 5's...

go with the 5's, no questions

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
There is no comparison juicy 5 easily. Hayes nine lose pressure pretty fast, i had them on one of my bikes and they were aweful.

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
juicy 5s hands down... i hate hayes so much, my mags where the biggest pieces of shit ever

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
z-man wrote:
juicy 5s hands down... i hate hayes so much, my mags where the biggest pieces of shit ever

i'll second that

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
how about performance wise for long runs like in chatel/morzine and lesgets. Which would be the best?

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
olynch wrote:
how about performance wise for long runs like in chatel/morzine and lesgets. Which would be the best?

Juicy 5'sWink

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
i like my hayes 9

u should get the hayes 9 carbon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017528
Mobile Version of Website