13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
13 years old - How do you fund your bikes?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
im 14 too. ye i do stuff around the house which gets me like 50 a month plus i do babysitting and sometimes fix bikes for neighbors. trying to get a job but not havin much luck Frown probs gonna try and ref soccer soon.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
I pump gas. Its not hard work, i dont like it but it doesnt hurt to have money

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
dezim wrote:
im 14 too. ye i do stuff around the house which gets me like 50 a month plus i do babysitting and sometimes fix bikes for neighbors. trying to get a job but not havin much luck Frown probs gonna try and ref soccer soon.

haha yeah its not too fun but its get me bikes and bike parts

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
bikerboibrett wrote:
dezim wrote:

50 a mo????? spoiled kid!

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
me2menow wrote:
bikerboibrett wrote:
dezim wrote:

haha i know im pretty lucky. but it pretty much all goes towards biking and my parents are very supportive of that

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
dezim wrote:
me2menow wrote:
bikerboibrett wrote:

haha i know im pretty lucky. but it pretty much all goes towards biking and my parents are very supportive of that

me too i make like 40 a month and my parents love the fact that im mountain biking!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
I am 14 and i have had a few jobs, i am currently laid off along with lots of the part time staff where i work but i will be working again in like 1-2 weeks, and my mom pays for 25% of my bike stuff so that is sweet. she used to pay for half a couple years ago.
I also made a bunch of money selling my old bikes.

*edit* i also just got a really sweet deal on my new bike.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
save your cash
learn how to properly maintain your bike and fix basically anything, invest in decent tools so when a problem arises you can fix it
then spend your saved cash on fancy new stuff

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
i am 14, i get 10$ every other week, spent on when i go out

get approx 1000 a year from gift and grade money (if i dont spend any of it) that is spent 90% on bikes

my parents dont understand bikes at all Frown

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
btw, you should change the name of this thread to "around 13" cuz evry1 here is 14

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
LukeRyan wrote:
save your cash
learn how to properly maintain your bike and fix basically anything, invest in decent tools so when a problem arises you can fix it

yea dude. you save lots of money if you know how to fix and maintenance your bike

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
PNWrider wrote:
LukeRyan wrote:
save your cash

yea dude. you save lots of money if you know how to fix and maintenance your bike

my only prob is adjusting my rear d and fork oil change...

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
rear derailleur is super easy, look it up on the net, its one of the easiest things to do on a bike
fork is another story, if you cant do your derailleur then dont go for the fork, thats something to let the shop do

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 22:39 Quote
To get my shore 2 I saved up allowance and grade money for 2 years sold my old bike and got 500 from parents.If I wanted a new bike now it would be easier because I work in A&W.

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
i sell my body on the corner or 13th and E... even though im 16 now Redface

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.116642
Mobile Version of Website