Powered by Outside

Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport

PB Forum :: Downhill
Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 12:42 Quote
rob94 wrote:
i am not an idiot and dhers dont wear baggy jeans you stupid f*ck, get a life man u rnt a true biker if u dont believe that dh should be an olympic sport. im sure everyone would watch it whos on this site if it was a sport in the olympics.. get your head out of your ass and think of being a rider it doesnt matter what kind of biking you do all mountain biking should be in the olympics is all i am saying look at skiing and look at snowboarding now they wear baggy clothes and can be seen as pumps but anyone who races or competes in this sport is know as an althlete not a punk ass kid so go f*ck yourself you miserable f*ck mountain biking is the shit its peopple like you that make people who are not into mountain biking think we are punk ass's, we are altheletes who love to ride and ride and compete for the sport. but you obviously dont understand because you are not a true mountain biker, if you were everyone would be totally for me and my opinion on mountain biking in the olympics, and ya they had coverage on tv before but do they now??? do people know what we do on our bikes?? everyone thinks we are just a bunch of guys wearing spandex pedalling uphill but really people dont know that we are altheletes riping hard everyday. its people like you that actually turn people off of the sport with all your retarded ass opinons on everything. being a biker doesnt mean u wear baggy jeans thats just a style alot of people do nowadays, but being a biker is far more than what you wear its the love for rding, it doesnt matter what kinda bike you ride or the clothes you wear while riding its all about being on a bike and getting out off of your computer and actually doing something.

ps dhers wear racing gear like racing shorts or pants that are a little loose. i have never seen a pro dh racer wearing baggy jeans while racing. thats more of a dirtjumping style bud and props to them because they are gods on their bike but for them its all about comfortability and if they are comfy in there jeans let them be

but the main point of this post is dhers dont wear baggy jeans while racing. n sorry we dont wear tights either, i have nothing against other riders that ride xc or dj or fr i respect everyone that rides a bike but people that always have negative posts i have a problem with. if you disagree u can say that u disagree but at least give a respectable reason n not just how we look, it takes alot of althletism to be a superior dher, its a physically draining sport that should earn the respect of many people and what better way then proving that at the olympics
sorry mate but it's an attitude like that makes people think we are all punk asses, everyone has an opinion, claiming people aren't true bikers because they don't share your own opinion is quite possibly the most retarded thing i've heard

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 12:52 Quote
Cedric gracia apparently raced dh once wearing jeans,his riding gear had been lost,but gotta agree with attitudes like that you ain't helping.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
DH is mountain biking in its purest and original form. when the sport started xc wasn't even thought of, it was all about getting to the bottom fastest. xc started just cuz the lazy hippies couldn't afford a vehicle to get themselves to the top. you cant even call xc these days mountain biking, its basically just a road race on dirt. imho downhill should have been introduced into the olympics long before xc. so i say, out with xc, in with dh.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 13:16 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
DH is mountain biking in its purest and original form. when the sport started xc wasn't even thought of, it was all about getting to the bottom fastest. xc started just cuz the lazy hippies couldn't afford a vehicle to get themselves to the top. you cant even call xc these days mountain biking, its basically just a road race on dirt. imho downhill should have been introduced into the olympics long before xc. so i say, out with xc, in with dh.

Not enough countries participate enough for dh to be entered into the Olympics.

So your basically saying that riding any bike down a hill is a down hill race.lol

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 20:22 Quote
marquis wrote:
zshipowick wrote:

So your basically saying that riding any bike down a hill is a down hill race.lol

obviously riding any bike down a hill isn't a dh race, and i don't quite get how you got that out of what i said. and as far as dh in the olympics i agree with you, it would be a cool idea but isn't realistic. i'm just saying that xc racing and racing up a hill and basically tippie toeing down is a pointless activity that has no real relevance to what the true essence of mountain biking is. i'm all for earning a decent but i ride up purely to tear the shit out of the decent. for mountain biking to truely be represented in the olympics imo a dh or super d race would be much more fitting.

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
marquis wrote:
zshipowick wrote:

obviously riding any bike down a hill isn't a dh race, and i don't quite get how you got that out of what i said. and as far as dh in the olympics i agree with you, it would be a cool idea but isn't realistic. i'm just saying that xc racing and racing up a hill and basically tippie toeing down is a pointless activity that has no real relevance to what the true essence of mountain biking is. i'm all for earning a decent but i ride up purely to tear the shit out of the decent. for mountain biking to truely be represented in the olympics imo a dh or super d race would be much more fitting.
My friends bass or my stinky aren't DH bikes but we could quite easily race them and potentially place well.How is it not a dh race?

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 20:32 Quote
i think you missed the point, do you see steve peat rockin a jackal at the world cup? gracia on an absolut 4x? no. you can race them and do well, but they arent dh bikes. the point is that riding down a slight slope on an xc bike with a gooseneck longer than the top tube isnt downhill

Posted: Mar 21, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
I joined the group and read up on alot of the thread. The thing i have to say is, at first i agreed that poorer countries dont have the interest or even the possibility to do the sport. But then i got thinking and yeah maybe not at first there wouldnt be a ton of countries but it would grow. How many countries do you see in any even really? I know there are qualifiers but i think there are definitely enough countries. And someone mentioned the price of the sport going up. Which i completely agree with but it would also bring the chance to more people to do the sport. More mountains would support and have access to Dhing this way. And come on, who wouldn't want to see their DHing shown before the whole world. People would be like "dude! thats what you do!" Anyway, just my thoughts, agree or not

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
rob94 wrote:
i am not an idiot and dhers dont wear baggy jeans you stupid f*ck, get a life man u rnt a true biker if u dont believe that dh should be an olympic sport. im sure everyone would watch it whos on this site if it was a sport in the olympics.. get your head out of your ass and think of being a rider it doesnt matter what kind of biking you do all mountain biking should be in the olympics is all i am saying look at skiing and look at snowboarding now they wear baggy clothes and can be seen as pumps but anyone who races or competes in this sport is know as an althlete not a punk ass kid so go f*ck yourself you miserable f*ck mountain biking is the shit its peopple like you that make people who are not into mountain biking think we are punk ass's, we are altheletes who love to ride and ride and compete for the sport. but you obviously dont understand because you are not a true mountain biker, if you were everyone would be totally for me and my opinion on mountain biking in the olympics, and ya they had coverage on tv before but do they now??? do people know what we do on our bikes?? everyone thinks we are just a bunch of guys wearing spandex pedalling uphill but really people dont know that we are altheletes riping hard everyday. its people like you that actually turn people off of the sport with all your retarded ass opinons on everything. being a biker doesnt mean u wear baggy jeans thats just a style alot of people do nowadays, but being a biker is far more than what you wear its the love for rding, it doesnt matter what kinda bike you ride or the clothes you wear while riding its all about being on a bike and getting out off of your computer and actually doing something.

ps dhers wear racing gear like racing shorts or pants that are a little loose. i have never seen a pro dh racer wearing baggy jeans while racing. thats more of a dirtjumping style bud and props to them because they are gods on their bike but for them its all about comfortability and if they are comfy in there jeans let them be

but the main point of this post is dhers dont wear baggy jeans while racing. n sorry we dont wear tights either, i have nothing against other riders that ride xc or dj or fr i respect everyone that rides a bike but people that always have negative posts i have a problem with. if you disagree u can say that u disagree but at least give a respectable reason n not just how we look, it takes alot of althletism to be a superior dher, its a physically draining sport that should earn the respect of many people and what better way then proving that at the olympics
no reason to get fired up dude. i race too and i have plenty of expirience with the sport. I was simply stating what I think a bunch of ppl outside of the sport would think. there are no dhers on the olympic commitee. I think if you stopped shooting up you wouldnt have a freakin roid rage everytime someone stated an opinion... thats what this thread is about

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.790840
Mobile Version of Website