PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Santa Cruz Bullit vs. Transition Bottle Rocket
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
poozank wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

what about Boxxer WC?
boxxers are very good race forks, but aren't the best for freeride drops/jumps/hucks. a kno a local kid who freerides and has to service his boxxer wc a bunch. but they are killer forks and can't go wrong there. just for freeride i would say totem coil of you are watching you weight. it weighs 6 pounds, and is better than most dual crowns
matt hunter does crazy stuff on his
yeah but he blew his up after 2 hits on the 75 footer. still they are great.

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

what about Boxxer WC?
boxxers are very good race forks, but aren't the best for freeride drops/jumps/hucks. a kno a local kid who freerides and has to service his boxxer wc a bunch. but they are killer forks and can't go wrong there. just for freeride i would say totem coil of you are watching you weight. it weighs 6 pounds, and is better than most dual crowns
sounds good,
well, I used to do lots of XC,
so i dont know any brake which is the best fit on bullit?
any suggestion??
elixer cr
code caliper and ultimate lever
juciy 7
formula the one
etc

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
for brakes prolly juicy 7s, elixers, xt's, strokers, or formula k24's......but again, what is your budget/is money a concern????

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
poozank wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

sounds good,
well, I used to do lots of XC,
so i dont know any brake which is the best fit on bullit?
any suggestion??
elixer cr
code caliper and ultimate lever
juciy 7
formula the one
etc
exactly like the code 7s i have, but then the power of the ultimate lever and code caliper is gonna be like the elixers because of the lesser lever power of the ultimate. he he can get codes, he shouldn't mess with the lever. btu since weight is a concern then the 7s or the elixers are best

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
pake wrote:
for brakes prolly juicy 7s, elixers, xt's, strokers, or formula k24's......but again, what is your budget/is money a concern????
humm, still not sure,
it depends,
actually, I m usin' 07 XT on my XC bike,
its good,
but.. i heard that there are so many problems on code??

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
humm, still not sure,
it depends,
its good,
the 07 codes are problems with the lever and master cylinder, but they fixed that for 08

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
humm, still not sure,
it depends,
its good,
the 07 codes are problems with the lever and master cylinder, but they fixed that for 08
o.. i see,
what about the older version of code?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

humm, still not sure,
it depends,
its good,
o.. i see,
are you looking used? and what is you budget? im pretty sure the 06 codes were good, if they were around then. but 08/newer are always better when buying brakes just because there are always noticable improvements

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

o.. i see,
are you looking used? and what is you budget? im pretty sure the 06 codes were good, if they were around then. but 08/newer are always better when buying brakes just because there are always noticable improvements
o..
what about 09 saint??

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
baaahhh... Santa Cruz Bullit, way more years and experience on Transition.. They have the Bullit dialed in soo amazingly right now.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:

o.. i see,
o..
what about 09 saint??
they havn't been out long enough for ppl to really test them, but from what i hear they are killer with 4 pistons

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
pake wrote:
john1022 wrote:
pake wrote:

o..so it means that they are good??
what about 09 saint??
they havn't been out long enough for ppl to really test them, but from what i hear they are killer with 4 pistons

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
For brakes I would say shimano xt (new style) or magura louise. Avids are ok, and hayes strokers are possabley the worst brake system I have ever used. You don't need the extra power of codes or saint brakes unless you weigh a lot, or your bike is really heavy.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
For brakes I would say shimano xt (new style) or magura louise. Avids are ok, and hayes strokers are possabley the worst brake system I have ever used. You don't need the extra power of codes or saint brakes unless you weigh a lot, or your bike is really heavy.
the elixers are def. better than the xt's tho(if he has the money). and yeah the strokers suck major balls. what about hope, ive never ridden them and hear they are killer. the only bad thing is i hear that they only work well after being heated up. is this true?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
Dunno, the only experience I've had with hopes is a 9 inch mono6, it stopped you really fast and had a lot of usable stopping power, but a bit too much for a bullit. They are also really really expensive, like 400 per brake.

EDIT: BTW here is my bullit:
photo

BTW I did finish it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016619
Mobile Version of Website