Definitive Specialized Enduro SL Forum

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Definitive Specialized Enduro SL Forum
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 at 12:52 Quote
As a guy that works in a shop I would go to the one where you got the bike. They are the most likely to do it without charging a markup (because you're a loyal customer).

On the other hand if that isn't an option, I would contact Rock Shox for a service quote.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 6:22 Quote
Hi
Enduro SL Comp 09 is my first fully, and I love it Wink
But I have a couple of questions for all you experts.
Is 13kg (28.5 pounds) the default weight for a 2009 Enduro SL Comp?
I cant find any info about the rims..
What would you guys recommend for new parts when the old starts to "melt"
(I do like some DH and Jumps, but the Danish forest are more XC/single track)

Wheels (Rims are quite narrow right)?
Tires?
Rear Fork?
and so on...

Cheers

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
Holmeren,

That's probably the weight without pedals. I think that's what mine came in at with no pedals. The rims were just the right width if you ask me. The rear shock felt great too, as it is valved from the factory. I did change my cranks to gain some stiffness and lose some weight.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 at 23:20 Quote
Im gonna ride it all to the parts brake Wink
Its just so if I see some good deal I know what to look for.
Did you get SLX Crank?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2010 at 9:26 Quote
^

I initially went for some Shimano XT's, then Raceface SixC. The Raceface is lighter, and stiffer feeling (whatever that's worth).

Posted: Aug 6, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
Holmeren wrote:
Hi
Enduro SL Comp 09 is my first fully, and I love it Wink
But I have a couple of questions for all you experts.
Is 13kg (28.5 pounds) the default weight for a 2009 Enduro SL Comp?
I cant find any info about the rims..
What would you guys recommend for new parts when the old starts to "melt"
(I do like some DH and Jumps, but the Danish forest are more XC/single track)

Wheels (Rims are quite narrow right)?
Tires?
Rear Fork?
and so on...

Cheers
The rear shock is basically a Fox DHX with out Fox on the side. Stock suspension on the 08 and 09 Enduros are awesome (mines put up with two years of heavy DH riding). As for rims, the stock ones are good light weight XC rims but are not very strong I would upgrade to a DH rim like Mavic 721's, 729 or 351's or something along those lines. And tires well those are hugely a personal thing everyone likes a different tire so go with the tires you like the best.

Posted: Aug 6, 2010 at 23:22 Quote
Cheers t3kman and hustler Smile

(just bought some Weirwolf LT look forward to test them who knows Wink )

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 23:59 Quote
Hi
Would I be able to change the travel length? lets say from 150cm to 160 or more? or will I "ruin" the geometry?

Cheers

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 5:38 Quote
Holmeren,

Yes,

and no.

I think a Lyrik or a 36 would be great on that bike.

FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 6:11 Quote
Holmeren wrote:
Hi
Would I be able to change the travel length? lets say from 150cm to 160 or more? or will I "ruin" the geometry?

Cheers

for 2011 spesh are doing and evo version of the enduro with a 180mm travel 36 and a diffent rocker to give it 170 out back so something like a totem or 36 should be fine

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 8:28 Quote
hustler wrote:
Holmeren,

Yes,

and no.

I think a Lyrik or a 36 would be great on that bike.
ok so op to 180cm up front (I see some of the Lyriks or 36s are 180cm) but what about rear? rear Im locked with 150 because of the maximum length between "eye to eye" right?

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
Yes, the rear is set at 150mm. I think a 160mm fork would feel great on there.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 20:12 Quote
Holmeren wrote:
Hi

Cheers
First off messing with things like shock length is a total no no. It will affect far to many things like ride height geometry of everything from the head angle to the chain stay's angle which can negatively influence the feel of the ride you get from your bike. As far as forks go you can ussually get away with about an inch (25mm) more of travle without really affecting the ride of your bike. But for the best performance you can get out of your bike try not to add more than 10mm of travel, which still gives you tons of options. As far as going with the new Fox 36 with 180mm of travel, your just asking for trouble like a broken frame and horrible handling.

FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 1:00 Quote
t3kman wrote:
Holmeren wrote:
Hi

Cheers
First off messing with things like shock length is a total no no. It will affect far to many things like ride height geometry of everything from the head angle to the chain stay's angle which can negatively influence the feel of the ride you get from your bike. As far as forks go you can ussually get away with about an inch (25mm) more of travle without really affecting the ride of your bike. But for the best performance you can get out of your bike try not to add more than 10mm of travel, which still gives you tons of options. As far as going with the new Fox 36 with 180mm of travel, your just asking for trouble like a broken frame and horrible handling.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2010/06/28/1277714722651-gubb944v7l3q-500-90-500-70.jpg
specialized sell an enduro with a 180 fork...

EDIT just checked the spec list and its a 170mm travel fork but the extra 10 mm shouldnt effect too much

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 7:03 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
t3kman wrote:
Holmeren wrote:
Hi

Cheers

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2010/06/28/1277714722651-gubb944v7l3q-500-90-500-70.jpg
specialized sell an enduro with a 180 fork...

EDIT just checked the spec list and its a 170mm travel fork but the extra 10 mm shouldnt effect too much
This also a 2010. This fella who was asking has an 09 which is a totally different design.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034943
Mobile Version of Website