Powered by Outside

Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)

PB Forum :: USA - West
Sea Otter Classic (DH)(DS)
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
ye there is a class. sea otter isnt the best dh course but it sure is fun. its a good way to start the season and just experience it all. i know a lot of kids that go to sea otter just to check it out. you dont really need to race at sea otter its pretty much just a added bonus.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
hey, i've never actually done a sanctioned race. i've lived in hawaii for the past 4 some odd years and our "races" consisted of a stopwatch, lots of beer, and a bbq. i've been riding for about 3 years, and i plan on going to sea otter this year (i just moved to NV) what class should i race in?? i hate sand baggers, and i really don't want to looked upon as one. i'm not super fast or anything, but i don't wanna race in the wrong class. Very confused

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
joefrommonroe wrote:
hey, i've never actually done a sanctioned race. i've lived in hawaii for the past 4 some odd years and our "races" consisted of a stopwatch, lots of beer, and a bbq. i've been riding for about 3 years, and i plan on going to sea otter this year (i just moved to NV) what class should i race in?? i hate sand baggers, and i really don't want to looked upon as one. i'm not super fast or anything, but i don't wanna race in the wrong class. Very confused
just race beginner, you wont be thought of as a sand bagger, and no offence but i boubt that you will win
the winning time last year beat the winning time in sport,(18 and under)

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
rideayeti wrote:
joefrommonroe wrote:
just race beginner, you wont be thought of as a sand bagger, and no offence but i boubt that you will win
the winning time last year beat the winning time in sport,(18 and under)

yeah but he got disqualified for cheating.lol I got second place begginer which was the same time as the sport second place.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
yeah well thats kinda maybe a little bit sandbagging, i think my friend got 3rd or 4th last year, i know he is moving up are you going to
i got like tenth

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
rideayeti wrote:
yeah well thats kinda maybe a little bit sandbagging, i think my friend got 3rd or 4th last year, i know he is moving up are you going to
i got like tenth

it wasnt sandbagging because it was my first race. im not sure if i am gonna move up just becuz sea otter is the biggest sandbagging race. Plus i was injured for a while after the sea otter so i kinda have to start over again

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
race sport sea otter was my first dh race and i did a whole bunch after that. so this season im racing sport. dont race beginner 2 seasons in a row. if you got 2nd last year then you should move up.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
if all goes well ill be racing my new racelink at the sea otter

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
888fork wrote:
race sport sea otter was my first dh race and i did a whole bunch after that. so this season im racing sport. dont race beginner 2 seasons in a row. if you got 2nd last year then you should move up.

yeah ur right i probably should

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
bitterfish26 wrote:
if all goes well ill be racing my new racelink at the sea otter

what bike is that?

edit: a Brooklyn Machine Works?

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
ok well im racing beginner here then every where else im racing sport

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
ya i'm racing begginer too...what else are you racing in?^^^

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
ha duel slalom with my friend just for fun

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
rideayeti wrote:
ha duel slalom with my friend just for fun
I was going to race duel slalom too, but the prices are to much this year....

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
race sport i know your all capable Sandbaggers!!!!!!!! lol jk but come on race sport. ill be racing sport

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.705497
Mobile Version of Website