Powered by Outside

Who wants to see the Marzocchi Shiver re-produced?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Who wants to see the Marzocchi Shiver re-produced?
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 6:53 Quote
XD the fork: Suspenders

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 6:55 Quote
@ marquis, thats what i meant when i said they can afford to make them as beefy as 20Kg a set, because you just up the power Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:45 Quote
ok,by the looks of things everyone hates the shiver, heavy,flexy,high centre of gravity. ok. but I personaly still love marzocchi cos they are hucking classics.
all the old huckers ran super monster Ts. lol.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
hell, i dont find weight to much of an issue, i have a 2007 kona stinky, it weighs 3/4s of my weight but u get used to it, id go stiffness over weight n e day

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
i have decided to buy a pair of fox 40s now, shivers seem to have become extinct.
by the way out of interest, how many percent of u want new better shivers(weight aside) and how many of u dont?

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 8:47 Quote
i saw a pair of shivers in Buy/sell just earlier today.... Wink

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 22:53 Quote
DJDrysdale406 wrote:
yes the shiver was a piece of crap but the 888 and 66 and 55 are all great forks

Keit wrote:
don't want to see another marzocchi product in my possession let alone an upside down fork no matter how funky they can look.

bought the 2008 888's wc and they went back to the retailer after a week for a refund.

enough said

lol think your memory is a bit blurred.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 at 22:58 Quote
ratherbeoutriding wrote:
the benefit of inverted forks is since the weight of the sliders is up farther the front end has less unsprung weight making the fork more sensitve to bumps

sigh.

The benefits is tracking, greater turning radius, better lubed stactions, longer lasting bushings, and stiffness. Sure shiv's flexed back when, but this could be fixed with a custom axle.

The unsprung weight thing is a hack. Now, I own both 888's and shivers and they ride completely different. The 888's can't and won't replace the shivers, and the shivers can't and won't replace the 888's. That said... I wouldn't give my shivers up if someone offered me 500+ for em.

This thread is epic fail because the people in this community are too moronic to be able to handle such a thread. Bias, close minded-ness, knowitall ness (from people who have never owned such products in the first place etc).

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
Your problem is you spit your dummy if no one agrees with you,there for thread is now locked.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019898
Mobile Version of Website