Powered by Outside

The most talanted person(s) to ever ride two wheels?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The most talanted person(s) to ever ride two wheels?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
travis pastrana
lance armstrong
ryan leech

even though jumping off a cliff is more stupid then talent, ill have to put josh bender in here as well.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:56 Quote
People have said ryan leech WAYYY TOO MANY TIMES! LOL

I don't think, I KNOW Vincent Hermance is the world's best rider.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-3cQgRZfWg0

He just got #1 at the worlds in scotland Smile

On the other hand, my favourite rider would probably be Neil Tunnicliffe.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iNQ1UNlN_mU

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
LANCE ARMSTRONG all the way

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
How is lance the most talented rider? God just gave him massive lungs and amazing endurance?

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 18:01 Quote
samstarnes11 wrote:
nope your all WRONG !!!
its steve rominuik
tup

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 2:05 Quote
jason222 wrote:
How is lance the most talented rider? God just gave him massive lungs and amazing endurance?

true, being able to go for long distance at speed is not a talent, its just the result of lots of hard work and training. Thats why i've said Hans Rey, his technical ability is amazing for the amount of diverse riding he does, he just gets on a bike and hes at home, and he's like 49 or something??

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 2:34 Quote
Hans Rey - What a legend!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 3:05 Quote
this guy i saw at a dj comp. he had only 20% of his vision and was still tearing up the jumps. now that talent and commitment

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:19 Quote
so steve rominiuk had a broken arm and collar bone and wa still shredding

FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:30 Quote
Wait.. this was ages ago but i have to say it, cant be bothered to find the quote but somebody said that Tuck no handers were harder than frontflips... thats completely ridiculous! I've been getting tuck no handers down on my freeride bike and theres no way id ever try a frontflip.. like ever. Just imagine the skill it takes to go up a near vertical ramp, totally reverse the direction the bike wants to flip and then make it all the way round to the landing... thats skill. When i was in whistler at the airdome there was some completely unknown aussie kid who was hucking double frontflips cleanly round into the foam on a mountain bike... I dont know if he'll try that on dirt any time soon but it was incredible.
Also i agree with the trials guy who questioned why all you guys think ryan leech is the best, hes an awesome rider with a great trials style but hes not the world's best. He just gets the most media coverage. That Neil Tuncliffe guy is way more ballsy and does bigger, crazier stuff. I also think that people are so quick to judge a talented rider because they can lay down the craziest tricks. That is one aspect to bike sports but i often feel that style is massively undervalued.
I'm not going to say any particular rider because i feel its impossible to measure talent, the way i see it talent is something you develop, not something you are born with. Yes it comes easier to some than others but i feel a person's dedication and the direction they want to take their riding are what makes them talented. Ok thats enough my fingers are tired.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
ridelikeustoleit wrote:
Wait.. this was ages ago but i have to say it, cant be bothered to find the quote but somebody said that Tuck no handers were harder than frontflips... thats completely ridiculous! I've been getting tuck no handers down on my freeride bike and theres no way id ever try a frontflip.. like ever. Just imagine the skill it takes to go up a near vertical ramp, totally reverse the direction the bike wants to flip and then make it all the way round to the landing... thats skill. When i was in whistler at the airdome there was some completely unknown aussie kid who was hucking double frontflips cleanly round into the foam on a mountain bike... I dont know if he'll try that on dirt any time soon but it was incredible.
Also i agree with the trials guy who questioned why all you guys think ryan leech is the best, hes an awesome rider with a great trials style but hes not the world's best. He just gets the most media coverage. That Neil Tuncliffe guy is way more ballsy and does bigger, crazier stuff. I also think that people are so quick to judge a talented rider because they can lay down the craziest tricks. That is one aspect to bike sports but i often feel that style is massively undervalued.
I'm not going to say any particular rider because i feel its impossible to measure talent, the way i see it talent is something you develop, not something you are born with. Yes it comes easier to some than others but i feel a person's dedication and the direction they want to take their riding are what makes them talented. Ok thats enough my fingers are tired.

Beer

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:36 Quote
ridelikeustoleit wrote:

After you broke your fingers typing that, did you sit back, look at your essay, and think; that really wasn't worth the effort...

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:39 Quote
paul bas.
steve peat.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:41 Quote
most talented? hmmm probably Travis pastrana in freestlye, Ricky Carmichael in racing and Evil Enievel for being ballsy and still being alive!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023183
Mobile Version of Website