Worlds strongest bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Worlds strongest bike?
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
There are a lot of cracked Demo frames out there. I don't understand why they are the "world's strongest bike." Then again, all bikes break so...
The faulty demo frames were the 05 ones, Specialized had made the ribcage for the shock too rigid (on tests, the results were great, in practice, they clearly werent) and it did not flex at all, so cracks in the welds developed, strange how many of these cracked demos are still being ridden today, with no hassle, shows how strong they are.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 2:22 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
marzocchi3921 wrote:
and i dont even know wat that other one is.

It's a Karpiel. It's what Bender rode/rides.
Think he is on a Ellsworth now, but not sure.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 2:23 Quote
norcorider540 wrote:
marzocchi3921 wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
Are you trying to say sessions are strong?lol lol lol

no. but there nasty.

ever hear of sarcasim?
Nope, but I have heard of sarcasm.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 2:24 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The Screams cracked too. Normally, under the seat stay/bb area. My friend cracked two in the same area.
They were the first generation ones (V1 was it?), and for the 2nd generation (V2) they have had a lot less cracks.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
i dont think that many people know this but this is what my LBS told me:

they said that giant about 25 yeasr ago used to be the largest aluminum supplier for bikes in the world, and made bikes for all the companies and still make bikes for all the company but now they have there own company : giant, so you cant say konas have shitty welds or anything cos giant makes the frames, oh and the guy that told me this is sponserd by giant and races 4x and slalom

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
25 years ago mtn biking was in its infancy... the bikes were chromoly and you could count aluminum frames on one hand.. cannondales were pretty much the first I can remember?? scott, specialized, gt, and a few others after them but that was after 90, 91, 92+

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
BoXXer-888 wrote:

they said that giant about 25 yeasr ago used to be the largest aluminum supplier for bikes in the world, and made bikes for all the companies and still make bikes for all the company but now they have there own company : giant, so you cant say konas have shitty welds or anything cos giant makes the frames, oh and the guy that told me this is sponserd by giant and races 4x and slalom

That is absolutely, 1000%, WRONG. You're rather dumb if you believe that,

Posted: Sep 13, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
suicidedownhiller wrote:
BoXXer-888 wrote:

That is absolutely, 1000%, WRONG. You're rather dumb if you believe that,

Yeah what a bullshit that came out of that lbs his mouth.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014977
Mobile Version of Website