Anyone Else In The UK Looking For More?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Anyone Else In The UK Looking For More?
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
is this a one way ticket then.Big Grin

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 11:58 Quote
shondo wrote:
Sadly, I think your problem arises from having a lot smaller chunk of dirt to build on than we do. And a lot more people per sq. mile.
More chavs per sq. mile too.Cool
#

u meen more chavs per square cm lol

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
chadpowell wrote:
shondo wrote:
Sadly, I think your problem arises from having a lot smaller chunk of dirt to build on than we do. And a lot more people per sq. mile.
More chavs per sq. mile too.Cool
#

u meen more chavs per square cm lol

lol i agree. Too many jump wrecking chavs on a stupidly dense scale.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
in fact... if people in the uk shared there trails and stoped this secracy bizzness. i think thered be much more than you relise. our bros across the pond want people to see and share there trails. but seems the uk are stuck up

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
yea i want more trails to become known but the problem is when theyre well known the government and the forestry commision knock em down and it really pisses me offReally Mad

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
bigquotesin fact... if people in the uk shared there trails and stoped this secracy bizzness. i think thered be much more than you relise. our bros across the pond want people to see and share there trails. but seems the uk are stuck up

i agree at our dirt jumps anybodys welcome as long as they can jump and are willing to dig and are not disrespectfull of the rules that we and the land owner have

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
ye but if we tell people about our secret trails the word might be passed on to the wrong person.which could mean our trails getting messed up.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
i live in a town populated by mainly chavs but just on the outskirts of it theres a little village and that has no chavs whatsoever and thats were weve gt a massive down hill feild and a big chunk of woodland that is owned by sir regonald sheffield who is a local and has let us use his land but we have rules because the land is useless to him

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 6:02 Quote
well i think if more people use a trail theres less time for chaves to destroy them. mayby its true theres always goig to be an idiot that messes up and dont know how to dig but at least its not malisious, which is easy,er on the mind. thing is if we want to grow its the only way and theres enough slopeing land in the uk to build fantastic trails and dj,s. you dont need 45 + degree angles. further more if things continue the way they are then every mtb,er will have to pay to ride as more of thease money makeing greedy bike parks start emergeing. and in the long run thats castrophotic.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 8:54 Quote
I do think people have a problem in the uk your right, with sharing there trails although this travels quickly through the biking grape vine and you end up with the wanna B's the Chavs and the kids turning up on bmxes and apollos who do end up trashing your trails. Thats the sad fact of it. Altghough i do think the government should take a better look at the mountain biking scene we do seem to get cast into the bmx scene. Which lets face it we aint part of and i recon we should be recognised as a completely different sport. Also our lack of trails is thanks to the national trust up tight forestry commision and the terribly british calling the authoritys if theres an unknown lump which could be a trail in unused woods.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
361jumper wrote:
I do think people have a problem in the uk your right, with sharing there trails although this travels quickly through the biking grape vine and you end up with the wanna B's the Chavs and the kids turning up on bmxes and apollos who do end up trashing your trails. Thats the sad fact of it. Altghough i do think the government should take a better look at the mountain biking scene we do seem to get cast into the bmx scene. Which lets face it we aint part of and i recon we should be recognised as a completely different sport. Also our lack of trails is thanks to the national trust up tight forestry commision and the terribly british calling the authoritys if theres an unknown lump which could be a trail in unused woods.

I couldnt agree more with this comment. You got it spot on, The government assumes we are part of the BMX community and they'll make a skatepark and think right thats problem sorted. However its not like i can really take a downhill bike down to a skatepark and have fun, second of all nearly all skate parks forbid such big bikes. So we invest money and time and enjoy our bikes and the sport and they keep cutting down where we can go. So we ride illegally then we can face fines and having our bikes impounded by the police. Its ridiculous what the local councils expect as a response from the mountain biking community.

Forestry commision is a bunch of f*cktards, They try and preserve the wildlife and the forests and stuff from erosion. Well what the f*ck ? they cut through bushes and trees so that they can drive their land drovers down, How is that helping ? They help prevent erosion ? Well how is that natural in its own right if theyre going there and placing plants which werent naturally there or planting trees to keep the ground stable. Its not theyre screwing with the cycle. Whats natural is that humans have evolved and so have bikes so therefore we should thrash aaround there on our bikes haha. Seriously they complain about mtb's and the amount of erosion they cause, well actually walkers do far more. For one nearly all mountain bikers don't give a crap around riding through a puddle yet walkers will widen the path or walk through bushes to avoid the puddle on their walk. They let dogs run riot and crap all over the place but never enforce the law by fining people for it.

God damnit, I ride illegally shall i say which i class as my local trail. Even if there is a chav there it doesnt bother me because its not like i've been building there im just following the natural scenery. Also sticking to the paths unlike most walkers. Saying this theres more pressing matters to attend to, I wonder where in the 2012 olympics they will host the cross country biking, I don't know if they will but if they do I wonder where. However the 2012 may bring forward some awareness into the community.

Next rant... I know its not on the agenda of this but I'll say it anyway, The government complain about obesceity and they say we're not doing enough sport. Their opinion of sport is normally football and thats about it, because thats all we seem to have in our local areas. Football only really... So what happens about the kids who don't like football? Well its obvious they DON'T LIKE sport apparently and they need to go on diets. ( I shall note that in no way am i fat or near being fat lol) It's a major flaw in the government.

Finally i think the whole country could be improve in mountain biking if the governemnt lessened the amount spent on london or perhaps any other and funded a tiny amount towards it, Maybe even if it was to give the forestry commission more money so that they could preserve the natural areas which would legally have mountain bikes lol.

Lets stand together and rant, because in no way will be listened or will this be sorted lol, Unless the 2012 olympics kick starts a biking revolution... Not likely because when you watch it, its ridiculously boring. When they get a flat tire they seem to struggle to even get the freaking QR wheel off. I saw one trying to get it off whilst his bike was just standing normally it was mad lol.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
lets not just blame the forestry comission,its the flaming ramblers that govern what we can and cant do in this country.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
yep ill stand and rant with you spot on indeed

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
Also they ain't using all the lift acces areas in scotland and too many of the trails have to be family friendly, in other words nothing particurly big

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
well, i mean, your all ranting about not having trails, now the majority of you (there are excetions, i know) live in the midland and above, or wales, where there are actual hills, why dont you try getting up off your arses and ACTUALLY getting to know landowners, and work WITH them to get land.
i am 14 years old, as are my friends, and we have succesfuly campaigned with local councils and a realy great landowner and have secured a large area of land on the local hills( which, by the way are the south downs..), this land varies from a slight roll(perfect for jumps, there is about 2km quared of this land, to steep, for downhill tracks, we now have a fully running area with big jumps, northshore, and are working on several downhill courses.
we also put on a demo for the landowner to help them with an eco friendly programme, this helped raise awareness of us and what we do, and we are hoping host a small race for the demo this year.
this is what has been achieved by a bunch of 14 year olds, no help from parents, nothing, so go on, go out, because i garuntee if you give something, you WILL get something in return.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016613
Mobile Version of Website