Powered by Outside

Vexx?

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
Juancho918 wrote:
I like heavy bikes they are more stable and strong for some serious speed downhill and heavy drops like the redbull rampage.
i like light bikes too for freestyle downhill.
is depends what you like... if you like your bike to be light as f*ck i recommend you to go ride xc or go home.

GoxBoxSocks
dude you like one of does kids they ride really f*cking slow downhill and all they do is just get in the way
and talk garbage.
Facepalm my bike is over 40 lbs.

edit: unless you have seen me ride, stfu.

yeah thats a normal bike weight stupid....Drool

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
Mtn-Bik3r wrote:
You guys should stop arguing on this thread. Arguing on the internet is pointless, and it makes it harder for people who search this to actually find useful info in the tread.

I’ve never ridden a Vexx or seen one on the trial, but I looked into these frames online because they are such a great bargain. From what I can tell everyone who has one seems quite happy with it.

The way I see things people care WAY TOO MUCH about brand names these days. Who cares if 5 or 6 companies sell this catalog bike? In the end you’re riding the bloody bike, not the brand. If it’s a solid bike and rides well then what does it matter whose name is written on side or how many people ride it?

And just because it’s made in Taiwan doesn’t mean it’s of inferior quality. A lot of bike companies manufacture their stuff in Taiwan. I ride a Felt Redemption and it came with a “Made in Taiwan” sticker, even though Felt is a German company. Transition bikes, a company almost everyone respects, makes ALL of their frames in Taiwan. I’m pretty sure if the manufacture doesn’t go out of their way to say it’s handmade in USA or whatever, like Ellsworth does, then it’s being made somewhere overseas.

The Sette Vexx is a well built DH frame with 8.5” of travel, and comes with a Rock Shox Vivid for $850. The geo is solid as anything else out there, except for maybe the HA, which can be changed with the right headset. It even looks pretty good. Considering other DH specific frames with this amount of travel and similar geo run in the $1600 to $2400 range, I don’t really see how you could go wrong with this bike.

The only issue I can think of is brake jack. Single pivot DH bikes aren’t known for their ability to handle shutter bumps. Anyone with time on the bike know about this?

and this all came from me telling him to check out other bikes (same) in case they might be cheaper... wow you guys need to lighten up.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:18 Quote
Juancho918 wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
Juancho918 wrote:
I like heavy bikes they are more stable and strong for some serious speed downhill and heavy drops like the redbull rampage.
i like light bikes too for freestyle downhill.
is depends what you like... if you like your bike to be light as f*ck i recommend you to go ride xc or go home.

GoxBoxSocks
dude you like one of does kids they ride really f*cking slow downhill and all they do is just get in the way
and talk garbage.

yeah, which means eveerything that you just said is wrong Facepalm

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:19 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
why do you need rear wheel travel?

so you can go faster
so you can ride harder
so you can ride longer
so you can try new things with out as large of consequences
so the geometry of the bikes isn't completely f*cked when you run a longer travel fork (although, this is optional for you, isn't it?)
so you can have fun on a bike

Why do you run a suspension fork?

a rear travel bike is going to change the geometry every time you go over a bump

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
snickkers wrote:
I can vouch for goboxsocks being the biggest douscher on this site
lets not forget that dirtjumper1997 and joeylandsdown are here...

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
a rear travel bike is going to change the geometry every time you go over a bump

...yeah. And the front will compress too. If you run a long travel fork on a hardtail, things are going to get jacked up. Head tube angle gets redonkulously steep when the fork compresses, or headtube angle is redonkulously slack while sitting there, you choose.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:22 Quote
im not really running a long travel fork...

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:24 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
im not really running a long travel fork...

Then your bike won't be too great for downhill. Blank Stare

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
i think we have discussed this...

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:26 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
i think we have discussed this...

Then you should realize that hardtails make poor downhill bikes.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:29 Quote
hardtail: advangages are no brake jack, no pedal bob, far lower weight, less maintenance, way stronger, less things to break, no chain growth
fully: advantages are rear wheel travel

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:38 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
Juancho918 wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

PINKBIKE MEET THE BIGGEST STUPID KID ON THIS WEBSITE...Drool

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:40 Quote
Juancho918 wrote:
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
Juancho918 wrote:

PINKBIKE MEET THE BIGGEST STUPID KID ON THIS WEBSITE...Drool
yep.... right here, meet Juancho918

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:44 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
hardtail: advangages are no brake jack, no pedal bob, far lower weight, less maintenance, way stronger, less things to break, no chain growth
fully: advantages are rear wheel travel

Yeah, thats why so many World Cup Dh'ers riders are on hardtailsRolleyes

This is so ridiculous I can't even believe I am talking about itlol

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
well we dont know which is better until one of them rides on a hardtail... a fully is most likely better but a hardtail is still a good choice, not completely ridiculous.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017701
Mobile Version of Website