Powered by Outside

2010 Glory 00 Build Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2010 Glory 00 Build Thread
O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 at 19:26 Quote
I just picked up my glory O complete on Friday. I just made a few changes. Point 1 pedals and Point 1 split second stem with chrome chromag bars. Threw the tires out went with Maxxis Minion 2.5. The bike started out at 38 pounds and is now 39. Right now its 14 degrees outside so I don't know when I will be able to ride it but I am looking forward to it.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 at 20:40 Quote
My large glory came out to 37.5 lbs. It's stock except It has ns aerial pedals (390g), 2.5 dual ply minion front and 2.35 single ply minion rear and stans tubeless. I'm pretty happy about that weight and it rides great. I just got my correct rear spring so Im excited to see how it rides

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 10:01 Quote
My bike and Parts are in so it should be built up this weekend. I will post more pics when it is done.

Here is the build.

Frame: Giant Glory 00
Stem: Race Face atlas fr direct mount (white)
Bars: Race Face atlas fr (blue)
Brakes: Shimano Saints
Fork: Rock Shox boxxer world cup(White)
Headset: FSA headset (comes with bike)
Shifter: Shimano Saint
Tires: Minion 3C
Cranks: Race Face atlas fr (blue)
Chain Guide: MRP G2
Pedals: Straitline (white)
Shock: CCDB with (Obtainium Ti-coil)
Seat post: SDG Carbon Fiber I-Beam
Saddle: SDG I-Fly
Derailleur: Shimano Saint
Cassette: Shimano Saint, 11-28T, 9 Speed
Race Wheelset: Silver mavic 721(blue nipples, silver spokes) Chris King hubs (blue)

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
What spring comes for a size S?

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 10:01 Quote
Anybody has the weight of the wheels that come on the glory 0?

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 10:13 Quote
If no one knows, just add up the weight of 721s and saint hubs plus spokes because those will all be really easy to find

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 11:48 Quote
i-race-downhill wrote:
My bike and Parts are in so it should be built up this weekend. I will post more pics when it is done.

photo

photo
sweet ride and spec but it almost seams like it would have been alot cheaper if you just bought a frame and then built it up with all those parts.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
Its pretty much never cheaper to do that. Don't forget, now he can go and sell all the parts that he is changing off the glory.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
Either way, it seems like a huge waste of money to me. Dude must have ALOT of money lying around. Only things there that seem reasonable to me are ti spring, bars, stem, grips and of course tires

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
motostu93 wrote:
i-race-downhill wrote:

photo

photo
sweet ride and spec but it almost seams like it would have been alot cheaper if you just bought a frame and then built it up with all those parts.
I am putting alot of my parts from the Glory on my STP1

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 19:49 Quote
brandonf wrote:
Either way, it seems like a huge waste of money to me. Dude must have ALOT of money lying around. Only things there that seem reasonable to me are ti spring, bars, stem, grips and of course tires

Maybe he works at a shop. If he does, its not even close to a waste of money.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
Still, the retail of the boxxer wc in Canada is $2625 and I'm unsure about the CCDB but I know its also ridiculously priced. But I guess if hes going to use a bunch of the parts on his STP then its not so bad

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 19:59 Quote
Well, I bought my 09 Reign X0 (full bike) stock. Bought all the parts that are changed in the pics on my profile (Totem solo air, 09 Deemax, Saint cranks, Straitline goodies, goodridge lines, sunline bar, kmc X9 SL chain, masterpiece post, Selle italia TLD seat, maxxis tires, LG1+) then sold all the stock parts, and it ended up costing me over 1500 less then if I bought the frame and built it up with the same parts.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
its his cash, maybe he figured it would be cheaper that way, whateva

Anywho update, picked up my glory 1 today, love the colour, just gotta switch out a few parts now.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 21:10 Quote
Nice. Any pics?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021048
Mobile Version of Website