Powered by Outside

Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: May 6, 2016 at 4:11 Quote
Cheers Ollie, I actually got some of those but was worried the frame was too thick to wrap them round - will have a go this weekend.

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 6:11 Quote
Zagos wrote:
I am using the non- debonair monarch plus m/m with 4 volume spacers at 170 psi , i am 76 kg so i get about 30% sag, and is just right, fully open.

Sounds like I need more spacers for sure.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 9:16 Quote
any big guys(200+ lbs) notice they needed to add air to their rear shock almost every ride?

i didnt do the "frame fix" right away and im worried i f'ed up my shock.

lost almost 100 psi during a ride last night.

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 11:01 Quote
cptstoney wrote:
any big guys(200+ lbs) notice they needed to add air to their rear shock almost every ride?

MOst likely a problem with the shock, and not due to being heavy. Remove the shock and put it in a bucket of water (or some soapy water), and check for any leaks. It may come from the main seals, but sometimes it's just the schrader valve's core that gets a bit loose and very slowly leaks (and using the bike increases in internal presure which increases the amount of air leaking)

Posted: May 20, 2016 at 11:04 Quote
cptstoney wrote:

Had this issue with my BOS shock loosing 100psi on a 50 second run, its either the seals, leaky valve or what I found out was when I bottomed out air would leak because the seal protruded over the bottom of the stanchion
Basically get it serviced/warranty and it'll be golden

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 3:32 Quote
please take the time to share and maybe who knows someone may start listening
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189380

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 23:24 Quote
Anyone experience cable housing squeaking near the headtube housing port? My dropper housing also exits that port, which I reckon is causing the squeaking. Anyone have tips to get rid of the squeaking?

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 1:01 Quote
richspeeds wrote:
Anyone experience cable housing squeaking near the headtube housing port? My dropper housing also exits that port, which I reckon is causing the squeaking. Anyone have tips to get rid of the squeaking?

Thats the cable running against the head tube

My v3 came with some plastic protector installed that stopped the squeaking (i removed it and it started squeaking so...)

some tape or something would work i think, bit of a hack but if it works..

O+
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 7:30 Quote
SvSake wrote:
richspeeds wrote:

My v3 came with some plastic protector installed that stopped the squeaking (i removed it and it started squeaking so...)

Exactly. I ignored it for quite a while, got nice 2 polished dents on the headtube. Wrapped some helitape around it, solved.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
Tlirrt wrote:
SvSake wrote:
richspeeds wrote:

Exactly. I ignored it for quite a while, got nice 2 polished dents on the headtube. Wrapped some helitape around it, solved.
I'll give that a try, thanks guys!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
Will any coil shocks fit the Meta SX?

And what piggy back air shocks actually fit?

Do you just need to dremel the rear stay as stated to fit piggy back shocks or is that just to get a Debonair to fit?

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
daddycool-666 wrote:

Do you just need to dremel the rear stay as stated to fit piggy back shocks or is that just to get a Debonair to fit?

mine doesn't "fit" with the right stays.....

had to dremel/grind it to not get it to interfere and it still hits a full bump.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 5:53 Quote
daddycool-666 wrote:

Unfortunately not.

daddycool-666 wrote:

Other than the Debonair and Fox CTD, I'm not sure. However, others have sworn by the CCDB Inline. But in my personal opinion the only one you want is the Debonair, having ridden all 3.

daddycool-666 wrote:

Depends on what year frame it is. I have the 2015 Meta SX with Debonair and it doesn't foul.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 6:09 Quote
I have a 2014 frame, it has had some new stays under warranty last year so i don't know if its the revised versions from 2015.

I don't really want a Debonair as such I was just curious what shocks would fit & if there was a list of what people had tried?

I'd like a coil ideally but I imagine this is out of the question

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 6:17 Quote
Would an Eleven6 fit in there with out issues?
What about any other coil overs?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013817
Mobile Version of Website