Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Port coquitlam///Coquitlam rider's
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
I’ve been fixing LoamG up. Winter storms devastated the exit. Still closed but soon to be open ! We like cold ones stashed under the bridges

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
I was going to get to that soon but have my hands full right now.
I was going to reroute the trail up to the right at the downed trees. Too much erosion on the trail, right where the trees fell as ground water was coming out right there and running down the trail.
I like cold ones too, but have no bridges on the new trail. The back of my truck will do slayer.
I hope a thanks will do cause that's more than I get from most for all my work...….slayer

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
Anyone know what happened yesterday? There were a shed load of emergency responders and dude with old Taco who opened the yellow gate came down with some bikes.
All the Fire/Ambulance/Cops left with no lights/sirens.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
I was curious about this too. If this was the north shore it’d be all over global news.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
Likely a mtb'er or hiker that got hurt out on the trail.

Same thing and response happened to a buddy who went down on jumpline

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
All that great warm weather must have taken its tole on the basted snow all over our trails. Only thing is we are not allowed on Burke to see how close upper trails are to riding. I hiked in few weeks back up from bottom on Mow it Down with freind fix skinny. It still needs some spikes to finish job. Who know when can get back in.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Okay, technically Bert Flinn is Port Moody, but it's Tri-cities.

I have a question about Jo-Jo Finn's Green Spectacles. The main entrance to the trail goes between two trees and is way too narrow to ride through unless you have very narrow bars. On occasion people have started riding around the entrance, but as soon as it starts to get worn in, someone comes along and deliberately piles branches and logs to block the detour.

That seems very officious unless it's the person or people who maintain the trail. I'd like to ask them why they have such a problem with people going around the too-narrow entrance, but Torca says it's not maintained by them, and I can't find any other source of info.

I'm open to suggestions as to next steps. If it's the maintainers doing that for some good reason, that's fine, but if it's just some jerk that doesn't want people to use the trail, that's another thing entirely.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
Suggesting that trailbuilders that I have not met are jerks is not a smart move. I am not aware of ever having met the trailbuilder of this trail, and so have no idea of what he is like as a person.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
TORCA doesnt maintain that trail, but they have the overall responsibility for the trails in the area.
A delicate balance in a volunteer run org, with (afaik) no paid positions. And when angry trail builders think that they can use you as a venting (late night swearing rant phone calls) platform it must be difficult to push back too hard.

It's a jerk doing it, but he's the trail builder so...

Hey Duncan Mortimer jerk here!

Very concerning comments you've made what is the basis and purpose of your comments?

I don't even know you....

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
TORCA doesnt maintain that trail, but they have the overall responsibility for the trails in the area.
A delicate balance in a volunteer run org, with (afaik) no paid positions. And when angry trail builders think that they can use you as a venting (late night swearing rant phone calls) platform it must be difficult to push back too hard.

It's a jerk doing it, but he's the trail builder so...

The trail builder is simply just keeping his trail true. To call someone a jerk for keeping the forest clean is downright disrespectful and short minded. Do you personally know the builder? Slandering others online is not welcomed in this forum.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
Hey Jon and TrailSlayer, thanks for your perspective.

I apologize - sincerely - for the obvious way that you would consider me calling out as a jerk. You're right, I dont know you. All I know of you is the trail you have built.

The ellipsis at the end of my post was intended to convey that as the trail builder he has the right to do whatever he wants. And although OP might feel like it's a jerk move, any opinion of his actions has less weight than the trailbuilders opinion of his actions.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
So, had a short DM convo with jon66, and it is the maintainer(s) blocking alternate paths, and there is a good reason for it, being mostly about avoiding 'braiding' the trail into a spaghetti mess. Works for me.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 22:36 Quote
New rider on Burke:

Hi everyone,

I moved up to Burke mountain last October, and after watching all of the mountain bikes ride past my place all winter long, I'm caving and getting a bike. I grew up off Galloway just above David and can't let another 20+ years go by and not give it a go. The problem is, I've already got several hobbies, and with other commitments, I don't imagine I'll be riding a lot.

I've been looking for recommendations on what to get and have been given mixed results. My friend nearby says I need a minimum of 140mm rear travel and the Ibis Ripmo is a great bike for the value. I spoke to a representative at la bicicletta, and he said it's probably more bike than I need if I'm just starting, and to really reap the benefits of that bike, I need to be heading down the runs with quite a bit of speed, something a beginner shouldn't be forced to do to. He also said that a hardtail shouldn't be dismissed so easily. He recommended several bikes (Cannondale Habit 6 or Orbea KCCA B30 if I want to go with full suss, or Cannondale Cujo 1 as a hardtail). I'm hoping for a little guidance about what would be the minimum requirements for a casual beginner, especially from anyone here who has experience on Burke, as it's probably where I'll be riding 95% of the time. I'm hoping to spend no more than $3000 if possible. Appreciate any recommendations

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
140mm will also be more forgiving for a newbie, so the argument kind of goes both ways. I think if you plan on keeping this bike for a few years and you expect to improve a bit, a 140 would be ideal. If you only plan to go up once or twice a month and just want to get out there, a hard tail isn’t out of the question but get into any tech trail, ie upper mountain, you really gotta pick your line wisely and you won’t be going as fast.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
pete-moss wrote:
140mm will also be more forgiving for a newbie, so the argument kind of goes both ways. I think if you plan on keeping this bike for a few years and you expect to improve a bit, a 140 would be ideal. If you only plan to go up once or twice a month and just want to get out there, a hard tail isn’t out of the question but get into any tech trail, ie upper mountain, you really gotta pick your line wisely and you won’t be going as fast.

Thank you!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012913
Mobile Version of Website