Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 1:54 Quote
Cable may be to tight.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
constantly-broken wrote:
Has anyone here ever had any issues with their Iridium dropper post? Mine ROYALLY gave me the poo today, wouldnt stay up on climbs, but also refused to stay down on descents........would this be a warranty issue or just a service? Bike has only had 14 hours on it!
Sounds like the cable is too tight, try loosening the cable. The cable might also be stuck/snagged on something, check on that. If this does not work check that the actuator on the bottom of the dropper and ensure that it is not jammed, it sounds like the dropper is actuating with the actuator moving slightly hence causing it to move a little.

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
Does Canyon suck at warranties? Three full weeks now and no RMA for a defective X01 eagle cassette. They said I should take it to my LBS.... Seriously getting pissed off.

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 10:28 Quote
gieseja wrote:
Does Canyon suck at warranties? Three full weeks now and no RMA for a defective X01 eagle cassette. They said I should take it to my LBS.... Seriously getting pissed off.
You should try warranty it with SRAM instead, I think you have to warranty it with them as canyon can't really speak for SRAM. Maybe give SRAM an email and see if they'd be willing to RMA it for you.

Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 1:14 Quote
averagerug wrote:
constantly-broken wrote:
Has anyone here ever had any issues with their Iridium dropper post? Mine ROYALLY gave me the poo today, wouldnt stay up on climbs, but also refused to stay down on descents........would this be a warranty issue or just a service? Bike has only had 14 hours on it!
Sounds like the cable is too tight, try loosening the cable. The cable might also be stuck/snagged on something, check on that. If this does not work check that the actuator on the bottom of the dropper and ensure that it is not jammed, it sounds like the dropper is actuating with the actuator moving slightly hence causing it to move a little.

Cheers, first thing I checked after a few comments, and yep, cable was tight. All sorted now, whole bike serviced and ready for more abuse!!

Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 13:31 Quote
Hi, I am looking for some help with my 2019 Canyon Strive CF 7.0. ( It has a fox 36 performance elite and fox DPX2 shock). I am really struggling with the feel of the bike and cannot get the suspension to feel "right" as the bike either feels vague or just so harsh it's uncontrollable.

I ride pretty steep technical trails and the bike just does not feel good and seems to break traction and feel skittish where other bikes are stuck firm. I have increased and decreased air tokens in the fork and shock but can't find the secret sauce.

I have tried a range of rebound and compression settings to no avail. I am thinking a coil on the rear might be the answer as with my other bike. Does anyone have a "goto" default rebound, compression settings I could try? Plus has anyone fitted a coil and what would you recommend? I am thinking the DVO Jade ( https://dvosuspension.com/shocks/jade-coil/) as a potential option as I don't need a lockout due to the shapeshifter. \

Finally, I am a pretty heavy rider ( 96kgs) if that makes a difference and appreciate any comments you may have ! Tom

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
Hi Tom, I have the same model as you, and a similar weight. I run the rear shock at 220psi with 0.6 volume spacer, rebound is 6 clicks out. Fork has a Luffkapp set at 85psi, open compression and 5 clicks out on rebound. front tyre pressure is 23psi and rear is 25, running tubless and no inserts. give it a try and see how you go. Rob
tmaud wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some help with my 2019 Canyon Strive CF 7.0. ( It has a fox 36 performance elite and fox DPX2 shock). I am really struggling with the feel of the bike and cannot get the suspension to feel "right" as the bike either feels vague or just so harsh it's uncontrollable.

I ride pretty steep technical trails and the bike just does not feel good and seems to break traction and feel skittish where other bikes are stuck firm. I have increased and decreased air tokens in the fork and shock but can't find the secret sauce.

I have tried a range of rebound and compression settings to no avail. I am thinking a coil on the rear might be the answer as with my other bike. Does anyone have a "goto" default rebound, compression settings I could try? Plus has anyone fitted a coil and what would you recommend? I am thinking the DVO Jade ( https://dvosuspension.com/shocks/jade-coil/) as a potential option as I don't need a lockout due to the shapeshifter. \

Finally, I am a pretty heavy rider ( 96kgs) if that makes a difference and appreciate any comments you may have ! Tom

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
I wanted to provide some feedback on the settings you provided Rob. Overall the settings improved the bike significantly. The suspension still felt pretty harsh. So I bought a DVO Jade coil for the bike to see if that would improve things. I have to say I am really impressed with the coil and have since fitted it has transformed the bikes feel.

Thanks for your response Rob, i will have a try with the settings and report back!
robwoodyow wrote:
Hi Tom, I have the same model as you, and a similar weight. I run the rear shock at 220psi with 0.6 volume spacer, rebound is 6 clicks out. Fork has a Luffkapp set at 85psi, open compression and 5 clicks out on rebound. front tyre pressure is 23psi and rear is 25, running tubless and no inserts. give it a try and see how you go. Rob
tmaud wrote:

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
I seem to be having a few issues with mine. Nothing major yet but the post seems to have a lot of friction. Seat clamp is tightened to the correct torque. The bike has literally done less than 250km.

averagerug wrote:
constantly-broken wrote:

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
constantly-broken wrote:
averagerug wrote:
constantly-broken wrote:

Cheers, first thing I checked after a few comments, and yep, cable was tight. All sorted now, whole bike serviced and ready for more abuse!!

Sick, time to ride Big Grin

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 22:50 Quote
bike4play wrote:
I seem to be having a few issues with mine. Nothing major yet but the post seems to have a lot of friction. Seat clamp is tightened to the correct torque. The bike has literally done less than 250km.

averagerug wrote:
constantly-broken wrote:

I've personally never touched a canyon dropper but I was able to revive a Giant Contact just by unscrewing the seal and adding some grease to lubricate the stanchion and also the seal.

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
OneUp EDC tool in the head tube.

seanryan wrote:
Jaimimoto wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

I use a Fidlock 600 ml on my L Strive, fits fine. I know it fits the M too, but it touches the frame top tube a little bit. I think the 590 ml "round" one should fit nicely.

Surprisingly, it stays in place during hard riding. Rock garden or 10 ft drops doesn't make the stuff move. I'm quite impressed.

I use the Specialized Zee II with lateral access and works fine with 700 ml bottle. Size M

Thanks for the feedback guys, was actually looking at the Peaty's Products one so goo to hear that it's also fidlock.

Anybody got any advice regarding tool carrying? currently running with an overpacked camelbak that i most of the time don't need.
I'm trying to find something on bike that will give me a multi tool, chain link, and potential tyre plug storage. Want to carry a tube also so probably would prefer to carry a pump instead of a cartridge.

Any advice welcome and pictures of your inventiveness would be appreciated!

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 7:58 Quote
bike4play wrote:
OneUp EDC tool in the head tube.

seanryan wrote:
Jaimimoto wrote:

I use the Specialized Zee II with lateral access and works fine with 700 ml bottle. Size M

Thanks for the feedback guys, was actually looking at the Peaty's Products one so goo to hear that it's also fidlock.

Anybody got any advice regarding tool carrying? currently running with an overpacked camelbak that i most of the time don't need.
I'm trying to find something on bike that will give me a multi tool, chain link, and potential tyre plug storage. Want to carry a tube also so probably would prefer to carry a pump instead of a cartridge.

Any advice welcome and pictures of your inventiveness would be appreciated!

I have a Wolftooth B-RAD bag strapped to my downtube, I have the Canyon EJECT system that can carry a pump or I can stuff one inside my hip pack.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
Looking for a bit of help with setup on a new 2020 Canyon Strive CF 9.0. I am 5’6” and weigh 69kg. Advanced rider, any help would be appreciated!

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
Blecornu20 wrote:
Looking for a bit of help with setup on a new 2020 Canyon Strive CF 9.0. I am 5’6” and weigh 69kg. Advanced rider, any help would be appreciated!

You should consider buying a 170 mm debonair spring, it will help to get a more aggressive geometry.

I'm the same weight as you, you should probably be running something between 150 and 155 psi at the back. My 180 debonair B Lyrik has one token and 72 psi.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015466
Mobile Version of Website