Powered by Outside

Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 9:55 Quote
mior wrote:
And now pac thinks hes being targeted

Something is odd with the sstem. He says that he gets warnings for quoting Matt.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 11:30 Quote
plustiresaintdead wrote:
Hello!

Is there anywhere that all of the search bar tricks are documented? For example "-stumpjumper" to exclude a search term. Specifically, I'm trying to search for posts with "MX" or "Mullet" in them but I'd love to have all of these tips in one place.

Thanks!

@jake28 can you pretty please help me with this? I imagine this information exists somewhere right?

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 16:24 Quote
plustiresaintdead wrote:
plustiresaintdead wrote:
Hello!

Is there anywhere that all of the search bar tricks are documented? For example "-stumpjumper" to exclude a search term. Specifically, I'm trying to search for posts with "MX" or "Mullet" in them but I'd love to have all of these tips in one place.

Thanks!

@jake28 can you pretty please help me with this? I imagine this information exists somewhere right?

So what you're looking is the ability to find yourself a mullet bike?
Unfortunately PB hasn't yet updated a mullet 29"/ 27.5" filter is the wheel size filter of the complete bike category, Wheelset would be nice too. Salute

To answer your question... You might find more by reading every page of this thread, but the below info might be what you're looking for.

try mx OR mullet as your search term

radek wrote:
jake-grinestaff wrote:
Thanks Isaac! I was thinking it would be cool to have a feature that would let you search for something like this: “Santa Cruz (Blur|Bronson|Tallboy)”. So this way I can search for three specific bikes (Blur or Bronson or Tallboy) all in one query. Maybe this is already possible and I’m just doing it wrong! Thought I would ask though.

You can already do that with capital keywords AND, OR, NOT
Example
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&q=bronson%20OR%20nomad%20NOT%20Chameleon&category=2

Posted: Jul 20, 2023 at 16:35 Quote
Can anyone help me? Been trying to post a legitimate ad and I keep getting this error message:

^Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post.

But no security email is sent and, if PB looks at my profile it should be pretty clear I am not a scammer, nor my last Buysell post was suspicious.

@jake28 mentioned that he "cleared my account" but I keep getting the same error message.

Please and thank you for the help!

Posted: Jul 24, 2023 at 6:40 Quote
I'm trying to post an ad but can't upload photos and when I've saved it, it seems to disappear. Can anybody help? Thanks Jo

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2023 at 12:26 Quote
alexlag wrote:
Can anyone help me? Been trying to post a legitimate ad and I keep getting this error message:

^Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post.

But no security email is sent and, if PB looks at my profile it should be pretty clear I am not a scammer, nor my last Buysell post was suspicious.

@jake28 mentioned that he "cleared my account" but I keep getting the same error message.

Try now

Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
canadaka wrote:
alexlag wrote:

I have the same issue. No email received and no explanation as to why my previous advert was suspicious.

Try now

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 15:09 Quote
I keep getting this message when i try to upload photos but I do not receive a verification email.

"Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a PB Help link?

Posted: Jul 25, 2023 at 23:44 Quote
ilikebikes40 wrote:
I keep getting this message when i try to upload photos but I do not receive a verification email.

"Your last PB Buysell posting was suspicious. As a security measure we have sent you an email with a link you must click to verify your account before you can post."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is there a PB Help link?

I messaged Jake28 https://m.pinkbike.com/u/jake28/ and he sorted the issue but could not explain why I was not receiving the verification emails.

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 0:19 Quote
Getting this on my messages.

[This message has been removed, user is a scammer or spammer]

However nothing seems to be stopped/removed and able to msg and get responses.

Is the seller a scammer? or is it a glitch?

Mod
Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 6:03 Quote
users account was reinstated, but for some reason the tag still shows

Mod
Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 9:47 Quote
dickyelsdon wrote:
Getting this on my messages.

[This message has been removed, user is a scammer or spammer]

However nothing seems to be stopped/removed and able to msg and get responses.

Is the seller a scammer? or is it a glitch?

I've filed a ticket to fix.

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 10:42 Quote
To admin. Just wondering if you have Mior's suggestion for a 'repost all ads' option for sellers with multiple ads, please?

It'll be useful for sellers with dozens of ads.

Thank you.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 9:20 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
To admin. Just wondering if you have Mior's suggestion for a 'repost all ads' option for sellers with multiple ads, please?

It'll be useful for sellers with dozens of ads.

Thank you.

The repost all button... ALSO WANT. Salute Now, how can well sell Jake and Trevor to make the magic happen..... why is it a priority?

In the marketplace world, buyers/ site viewers run the show. On PB, so far the search/ filter updates hit the buy side and "boosted' ads hit individual sellers. As much as I would like see a priority to business sell-side features, it seems sellers are not currently #1 on the priority list.

Allegedly, the primary BuySell use case for driving site traffic, ad revenue, and selling digital subscriptions for PB/ TF/ Outside, is the complete bike category, where individuals are looking to buy or sell a used bike locally. I say this as most of the component categories have yet to be updated with relevant filters.

----- Does this create value the majority of users who are selling less that ten items at a time?
----- Would it be an incentive feature to sell more/ add value to outside plus subscriptions? .. Or monthly business store subscriptions a la eBay for example.

Hypothesis: The “repost all” button would apply primarily apply to business sellers whos inventory is along the lines of below (“and/ or”) with 50 +/- listings. I could see it being a convenience for business e-commerce sellers.

1) NEW product: One listing, multiple product
----- If you have one listing with an inventory of said product. It would be a nice time saver.
2) Secondary market: One listing, single product
------ If you’re selling a volume of individual product(s), realistically your listings will not all be applicable to repost all at once. The max amount of listings is currently 500, only a few years ago it was 100. That says a lot

So is it a priority?

As a business seller, who primarily sells components, and has about 100-200 listings. I want it, but as a priority, I'd rather have filters added to the component categories, as that would positively impact my sales.

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 9:30 Quote
I'd cry having to click/tap 'repost' on 100 ads. Even 50.

I do hope admin get around to adding this feature.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019541
Mobile Version of Website