Powered by Outside

All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
DJR2013 wrote:
It looks like Commencal has changed up its sizing recommendations on the AM. I was firmly in medium range at 5’9” but now I’m in the small and medium border. I wonder if they switched it up after the Enduro-MTB review gave it a poor performance review and recommended downsizing.

I dunno, I’ve just finished my build ( mostly) and at 6’0” on a size large, the 495mm reach feels great! Coming off a 2019 clash with 467mm reach and feel like I made the right call sticking with the large and not going down to the medium

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 16:13 Quote
photo

Here it is! The assegai is just temp while waiting for a nevegal 2 to arrive as well as matching rotors

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 16:17 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
I dunno, I’ve just finished my build ( mostly) and at 6’0” on a size large, the 495mm reach feels great! Coming off a 2019 clash with 467mm reach and feel like I made the right call sticking with the large and not going down to the medium

You’d know better than me. I’m glad yours works for you. I’m just window shopping for now until the funds come in but I thought it was interesting that they were changing some things up on the site.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
I am maybe 5’8” tops. I went with a medium and it is definitely the right size. Wouldn’t think you would want small.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 2:48 Quote
DJR2013 wrote:
It looks like Commencal has changed up its sizing recommendations on the AM. I was firmly in medium range at 5’9” but now I’m in the small and medium border. I wonder if they switched it up after the Enduro-MTB review gave it a poor performance review and recommended downsizing.
Yeah you're right they have changed the sizings!
I think this is the first time I've never been in-between bike sizes haha

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
Exactly. I have always been a “medium” size guy by my height but have always sat on friends large bikes and thought they felt good and just looked right. The old medium and other brands mediums, just looked too short and just not right, like they ran them into a brick wall and the front end just got pushed back.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
I remember seeing a custom linkage or rocker for the Meta AM 2020/21. I think it was by a european afterrmarket company. I just can't find them anymore. Anyone remebering the company? (They also had components for other bikes than Commencal.)

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
DJR2013 wrote:

my 2019 meta large reach is like almost exactly a medium 2021! They downsized size chart because they upsized frame lenght

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Raastein wrote:
I remember seeing a custom linkage or rocker for the Meta AM 2020/21. I think it was by a european afterrmarket company. I just can't find them anymore. Anyone remebering the company? (They also had components for other bikes than Commencal.)

There is an Aussie company making mullet yokes for them. Also makes them slightly more progressive.

https://www.williamsracingproducts.com/

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Does anyone know the recommended shock tune for the new meta tr? The super deluxe I have feels like it could do with more support. I'm running 3 tokens and 185 psi at about 72kg weight and I'm blowing through the travel.

Got a feeling the shock I bought has a super light tune in it...

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 17:26 Quote
It is supposed to be M/M. But, I got a shock with L/L tune.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 17:49 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Does anyone know the recommended shock tune for the new meta tr? The super deluxe I have feels like it could do with more support. I'm running 3 tokens and 185 psi at about 72kg weight and I'm blowing through the travel.

Got a feeling the shock I bought has a super light tune in it...

Curious to hear what others think as well..

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
I didn’t notice it at first,but had a slight play type feel in the shock right off the very top of the stroke when shock is unweighted over roots or chatter. After the second time I pulled the shock to change volume spacers I noticed the tune. I called Commencal USA and they said it was in fact supposed to be a MM tune. I am a light weight guy, 155lbs, and ride light too, so I have decided to keep it and feel it might be better for me once the play issue is solved. They warranted my shock issue and got my warranty claim setup with Sram and it is there now.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
Pretty excited just ordered an XL 2021 ! Let’s see when this turns up!

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 23:20 Quote
Mitch243 wrote:

My 2021 TR creaks like a motherf*cker. The worst offender is the saddle. Some oil into the rails should hopefully fix it. But there's some shit coming from the linkage too.

Did you fix this? How would putting oil in the rails fix saddle creaking? I'm currently getting creaking with my TR while pedaling. All the bolts are tight..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017018
Mobile Version of Website