Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 12:55 Quote
I'm 5' 9'' and am currently deciding between a Medium or a large sized canyon spectral AL. What would you guys recommend?

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 18:13 Quote
kachapah wrote:
I'm 5' 9'' and am currently deciding between a Medium or a large sized canyon spectral AL. What would you guys recommend?
Not sure how much it helps but I'm 5'9" and I ride a large Strive. It's a perfect fit.

Posted: Nov 14, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
kachapah wrote:

I am 5'10" and I run a large Spectral frame with a 35mm stem, thing is a weapon and its ALMOST like a mini DH bike. I run mine with a coil and 3 volume spacers in the fork. Only thing I am upgrafing on mine now is the brake (SLX to XT) and the rear mech (again, SLX to XT)

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
I'm 6ft on an XL Strive, I was between L and XL.

Upside for enduro, downsize for freeride is the basic summation.

I really enjoyed my XL Strive, but it's time for a smaller bike in order to spin more, bigger whips, tables etc.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 19:20 Quote
I've been experimenting with a 9point8 slack-r kit on my '19 strive. The bike feels so much better with ~1.5* slacker head angle. Also the wheelbase grew a whole inch. You will have to buy a short top headset cover to replace the proprietary canyon piece. I also think their specs for how much extra steerer tube you need are not quite enough. I've also been struggling with some creaking in the unit. I need to work on it a little more.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
Hi all, I’ve got a canyon strive 6, 2019. Today while riding I somehow lost an horst link bolt and cap. I emailed canyon but I never really get good info from them. I was wondering if anyone new where to find a replacement. It’s a EPO858-01

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
constantly-broken wrote:
kachapah wrote:

I am 5'10" and I run a large Spectral frame with a 35mm stem, thing is a weapon and its ALMOST like a mini DH bike. I run mine with a coil and 3 volume spacers in the fork. Only thing I am upgrafing on mine now is the brake (SLX to XT) and the rear mech (again, SLX to XT)

I guess 5’10” is the same as me (178 cm)
Do you have any problems running the 150 dropper?

Also, Have anyone compared this to the Trek Remedy? I was almost set on getting a Remedy because i like its geo and Trek dealers are really common here in Sweden but they are all sold out and with looong waiting times if i was to order one now, looks like the Spectral has similar ”ish” geos and better parts for the money, not too far to go from Remedy 8 to spectral CF 8, Have anyone been in the same boat as me or even tested both back to back? Whould love to hear your opinions Smile
Thanks

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
ghost1107 wrote:
Hi all, I’ve got a canyon strive 6, 2019. Today while riding I somehow lost an horst link bolt and cap. I emailed canyon but I never really get good info from them. I was wondering if anyone new where to find a replacement. It’s a EPO858-01

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!

I've had really good luck calling them.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
freetors wrote:
I've been experimenting with a 9point8 slack-r kit on my '19 strive. The bike feels so much better with ~1.5* slacker head angle. Also the wheelbase grew a whole inch. You will have to buy a short top headset cover to replace the proprietary canyon piece. I also think their specs for how much extra steerer tube you need are not quite enough. I've also been struggling with some creaking in the unit. I need to work on it a little more.

Oh that's interesting, it could be an upgrade for mine.

I'm not sure I've enough clearance on my steerer tube, they recommand more than 20 mm, I've exactly 20 mm... I'll buy a Nukeproof Horizon stem if that's not enough, I would gain 5 mm with it.

Posted: Nov 24, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
freetors wrote:

I have been used the same for a couple of month now. I also really like the slacker head angle. Maybe not as quick in the corners but overall much better. I think i will keep the fork at 160.

But it had been some problems on the journey with creaking noise and moving cups. Right now it works fine without creaking and it stays in place.

But I would like to mention that upper cup is to short. The chamfer on the upper cup is not flushed on the chamfer in the frame. The upper cup is 1mm to short. I hope it makes sence...

If i need to remove it again I will 3d-print a offset or something in the frame.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 1:45 Quote
Hello, all..
I need advice and information about part replacement.
I lost the lever bolt on the dropper post.
at this time I am using an unsuitable bolt, so the lever does not work properly.
how can i get the replacement bolts?

thank you

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
kachapah wrote:

I’m 5’9 and i ran a Spectral -20 in size medium this last season before selling it and switching over to a Commencal clash. The size was spot on for me.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Just purchased a 2021 Neuron CF7. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam and and went with a medium. Could have possibly went with a large but with the tall seat tube decided to stay with the medium. Glad I did as the fit is spot on! Have changed out the wheelset, bars, brakes, saddle, grips as well as dropper post. Bike weighs in at 28lbs with pedals. The one plus with the Neuron is it climbs nearly as well as my former Trek Top Fuel.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 2:08 Quote
Any ideas what make this strap is for a single mount?

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/new-canyon-spectral-29-cf-2021-review/

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb19823967/p6pb19823967.jpg

photo

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
Does anybody know how I could do the same as what Canyon did for Jack Moir on his Strive, putting a lower headset cup that is also a 1.5 cm spacer ?

photo

I have found some, like the Wolf Tooth one, but it's only for EC and ZS headset, not IS.
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/wolf-tooth-lower-headset-cup-extender-ec-external-cup

I think it would be a nice way to slack the head angle a little bit and increasing the BB height (I plan to cut the spacer in the SuperDeluxe to get 160 mm at the back).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014569
Mobile Version of Website