Powered by Outside

All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Does anyone know the recommended shock tune for the new meta tr? The super deluxe I have feels like it could do with more support. I'm running 3 tokens and 185 psi at about 72kg weight and I'm blowing through the travel.

Got a feeling the shock I bought has a super light tune in it...

Pretty much what I feel too. I will order a Megneg an try to increase the pressure slightly.

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
Can someone who ordered the Meta AM 2020 or 2021 with an original Fox X2 please list their fox tuning info?
I have an old X2 laying around which I want to use. Not completely compatible with the Meta AM 2021 but I hope it will work:
This is my Fox info:
Description: 2019, FLOAT X2, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Orbea, Rallon, 230, 60, 0.3 Spacer x2, CL, Orange, Gray Logo
(Compression Light)

Posted: Nov 27, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
I think you are within range of damping with the adjustment

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Does anyone know if a OneUp V2 dropper insert length 297mm fits in a 2019 Meta AM XL? I measured and its too close to feel confident it will for sure fit. Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
Angleset on 20202 Meta TR

Anyone try this?
If so, what size do I need? I know it is ZS44/ZS56, but that doesn't seem to be an angleset size.
Thanks

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
By pass the angle set. Go with a Works Components headset. You can get 1 or 2 degree options. It’s just like a regular headset. Doesnt have gimbals that knock or have to be re greased all the time. I think it’s much cheaper If I remember right, and the are good headsets. Had no issues with either of the 2 I have had.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
Get the EC44-ZS56

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 at 19:43 Quote
2021 Kinematics explained.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 1:37 Quote
eragot wrote:

Anyone try this?
If so, what size do I need? I know it is ZS44/ZS56, but that doesn't seem to be an angleset size.
Thanks

I have one on my AM. 1.5° works components, makes the hta 64.4 which I think is perfect:

photo

The ZS44 (zero stack) top cup becomes an EC44 (external cup) because du to the offset the bearing needs to sit on top of the steerer tube. So you need EC44/ZS56 and then in the right size for your steerer tube length.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
Thanks everyone for the help.

Upduro wrote:
eragot wrote:

Anyone try this?
Thanks

I have one on my AM. 1.5° works components, makes the hta 64.4 which I think is perfect:

photo

The ZS44 (zero stack) top cup becomes an EC44 (external cup) because du to the offset the bearing needs to sit on top of the steerer tube. So you need EC44/ZS56 and then in the right size for your steerer tube length.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
oldnw wrote:
It is supposed to be M/M. But, I got a shock with L/L tune.

Interesting as I've been in contact with commencal and they've stated the bike is supposed to come with m/m.

Their responses aren't great. I'm just about to buy a coil super deluxe, and want to make sure o get the right tune on it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
oldnw wrote:
It is supposed to be M/M. But, I got a shock with L/L tune.

Interesting as I've been in contact with commencal and they've stated the bike is supposed to come with m/m.

Their responses aren't great. I'm just about to buy a coil super deluxe, and want to make sure o get the right tune on it.

I bought the shock about 2 weeks after buying a 2021 frame only from them. I couldn’t find a shock with a 62.5 stroke so then called commencal in Colorado and ordered my super deluxe ultimate (air) from them. Think whoever picked out the shock from their stock grabbed the wrong one. If you are buying a complete bike,I would be pretty confident it will have the correct tune in it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 23:29 Quote
I was told, that the shock has l/lc and the one i got delivered with the frame has this tune and is packed with 3 spacers. Speaking about rockshox superdeluxe air.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
Right, just had an email from commencal as follows:

For the Meta TR 2021 we recommend low/low for a rock Shox coil shock.

On Meta TR we are using RS SDLX with LL setting. Light Rebound / Light Compression

So the shock tune, on a full build, comes in L/L on both coil and air!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Right, just had an email from commencal as follows:

For the Meta TR 2021 we recommend low/low for a rock Shox coil shock.

On Meta TR we are using RS SDLX with LL setting. Light Rebound / Light Compression

So the shock tune, on a full build, comes in L/L on both coil and air!

Sorry, pretty much blew the shift on this one. I have an AM29. Not a TR. So, I guess that explains how I got the L/L tune. They grabbed a shock for the TR instead of an AM when sending mine out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013347
Mobile Version of Website