Tyee 2020

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 5:04 Quote
exactpeak599 wrote:
Hey guys, quick question:

Has anyone tried to slam a 210mm dropper on a size L Tyee (2020)? I can't find the max insert depth for the 2020 model Tyee on propain's website anymore and Google search results give conflicting info.
i got 210 on my AL L, but cant insert the last ~3,5cm. For my tall inseam ok.

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 9:37 Quote
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of swapping my current dropper (Oneup 180mm) to the 210 because I like my seat as low as possible but the 180mm drop isn't high enough for pedalling if I have it slammed. Guess I'll just slam it anyway and deal with the climbs being a bit harder. Smile

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 10:34 Quote
exactpeak599 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of swapping my current dropper (Oneup 180mm) to the 210 because I like my seat as low as possible but the 180mm drop isn't high enough for pedalling if I have it slammed. Guess I'll just slam it anyway and deal with the climbs being a bit harder. Smile

you got to calculate it but, but most likely you can run a 210 travelled to 200 or 190mm

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 5:47 Quote
FWIW, I just put a 200mm Wolf tooth on my 2022 large carbon Tyee. With the seatpost slammed in the frame, the bottom bracket center to seat rail centerline is 720mm

Posted: Jul 14, 2023 at 10:37 Quote
hey! thinking on buying a Tyee in M size. Great price atm. Not sure when the 2023 frameset is available so I might get this one... (actually the new frameset is already available!)
anyway
what size/travel dropper is the best for someone around 1.72m? I have a 125 around that I might give good use if its enough
thanks!

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 1:18 Quote
t-stoff wrote:
hey! thinking on buying a Tyee in M size. Great price atm. Not sure when the 2023 frameset is available so I might get this one... (actually the new frameset is already available!)
anyway
what size/travel dropper is the best for someone around 1.72m? I have a 125 around that I might give good use if its enough
thanks!

Don’t get a 2022 tyee it’s absolute junk. I sold mine after two rides. get a 23 if you can get a decent price on it. if you’re about 5’8 you can probably get a oneup 180 and shim it down if needed.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 3:52 Quote
GunnarGunnarGunnar wrote:
t-stoff wrote:
anyway
thanks!

Don’t get a 2022 tyee it’s absolute junk. I sold mine after two rides. get a 23 if you can get a decent price on it. if you’re about 5’8 you can probably get a oneup 180 and shim it down if needed.

Please elaborate. I’ve been riding a 2022 for about 6 months and love it. Only complaint is the cable routing. Curious as to what you hate about it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 4:02 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
t-stoff wrote:
anyway
thanks!

Please elaborate. I’ve been riding a 2022 for about 6 months and love it. Only complaint is the cable routing. Curious as to what you hate about it.
Same, best bike I’ve ever ridden (a MY21).

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 7:47 Quote
Thanks for the replies.
Meanwhile I found out that on Propain website they have a table with the inseam/frame size and recommended travel for the dropper. Went for the 150.
Well then I bought a '23 AL ! now its the waiting game Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 11:47 Quote

Unless the frame broke in half, I would be hard pressed to call anything absolute junk after just two rides. And if a frame did break in half in two rides, I certainly would not be recommending the next generation model to people...

To be clear, after ~350 miles, there are a number of complaints I have about mine. It's definitely not perfect. Although, in 25 years of riding, none have been.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 11:59 Quote
the cable routing and the stock chainstay protector are the most glaring issues, but for me it was the geo. 65 degree HA and a reach and bottom bracket height straight out of 2012 just wasn’t for me, especially considering it’s supposed to be an enduro bike. I ran a 1 degree angleset and it wasn’t bad but of course the reach got even shorter to the point where my large could hardly compare to a modern medium

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 13:34 Quote
Fair enough. Sounds like the geometry wasn't what you were looking for.

The cable routing and chainstay protector suck. No argument there. I'll add the headset and headset sizing (ZS49/ZS56, WTF?) to the list of problems.

Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 14:58 Quote
and honestly i’m not really impressed by the new updates. they fixed cable routing that’s about it. They need to add at least 5mm to the reach and drop the bb more and give it no more than a 64 HA to keep up with modern enduro bikes. It basically just felt like a heavier downcountry bike to me. I ended up getting a dreadnought and I feel a lot more comfortable on it. The pedaling was nice on the tyee, and the weight was lovely. My whole build came in at about 32lbs including a coil shock and a zeb.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 2:42 Quote
nathanawebster wrote:
Fair enough. Sounds like the geometry wasn't what you were looking for.

The cable routing and chainstay protector suck. No argument there. I'll add the headset and headset sizing (ZS49/ZS56, WTF?) to the list of problems.

Agree on all of that. I’m in the process of fixing the cable routing. Grabbed the VHS knockoff chainstay protection off Ali Express. Works like a charm for like $5. And I have a new Works Components angle headset waiting to be installed. The stock Acros is garbage. Same one came on my DH bike and replaced that too.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2023 at 7:13 Quote
I get that. The Tyee is on the conservative side of the geometry spectrum. If I had my choice, it would be 0.5 deg slacker (64) and 5mm lower bb. The 2023 update really didn't change much. I wish I could find a 0.5 degree angleset, but Propain had to choose a crazy headset size. I don't understand why all bikes aren't ZS56/ZS56. You would have so many more options then.

That said, I chose the Tyee in part because I like bikes a little shorter than some of the more extreme geometry enduro bikes these days. I didn't really get along with the mega-reach Commencal Meta AM and Canyon Strives of the world. The trails and parks I ride around here aren't that steep. Just tight and chunky. Except Windrock. Upper Windrock is steep AF.

FWIW, I was able to improve the cable situation by shoving a cheap fender in behind the chainstays. Zip tied it to the frame and loosely zip tied the hoses/cables to it. That seems to have fixed the issue... for now. I still hate it.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012866
Mobile Version of Website