Powered by Outside

Santa Cruz V10

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz V10
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 19:58 Quote
fastboyslim wrote:
inshane-himself wrote:
Question about the 2022 v10 mx. Can I simply swap the front wheel to a 27.5?
Is there anything special with the geo on these bikes?
Thanks

The front triangle of the 29er and the MX are the same. The MX has a different swing arm. You can turn a 29er into a MX by using the MX swing arm but there is nothing you can do to change the front . Your head angle and bb height will always be a fraction off if you use a 27.5 wheel. Maybe try swap for a 27.5 bike.

Ah thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
inshane-himself wrote:
Thanks

I have the 21 mx and sometimes run a 27.5 front. I don’t do a damn thing. I used to raise the fork crowns on the fork but it doesn’t matter. Just rock it.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 0:16 Quote
fastboyslim wrote:
inshane-himself wrote:
Thanks

The front triangle of the 29er and the MX are the same. The MX has a different swing arm. You can turn a 29er into a MX by using the MX swing arm but there is nothing you can do to change the front . Your head angle and bb height will always be a fraction off if you use a 27.5 wheel. Maybe try swap for a 27.5 bike.

Interesting. I had the option of buying a 2022 mx but I didnt want the 29er front wheel.
Ended up just keeping my 2019 frame and putting 2022 fox suspension on it.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 18:55 Quote
wllmd wrote:
inshane-himself wrote:
Thanks

I have the 21 mx and sometimes run a 27.5 front. I don’t do a damn thing. I used to raise the fork crowns on the fork but it doesn’t matter. Just rock it.
Ya eh? Cant even notice it? Well thats promising.
For the time being im just upgrading my 2019 v10 suspension, im ordering a 2022 fox 40 29er just do I have the option to run the larger wheel, ill use 27.5 for now.
cheers

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 19:09 Quote
Another question. Im trying to find a fresh headset for my frame.
My bike comes with the Cane Creek 40 Hellbender, ZS49 upper bearing, EC49 lower bearing (theres like 4 options of this headset). Its hella confusing with what to order for a hope or chris king.
Anyone able to clear this up, thanks

Posted: Jul 17, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
inshane-himself wrote:
Another question. Im trying to find a fresh headset for my frame.
My bike comes with the Cane Creek 40 Hellbender, ZS49 upper bearing, EC49 lower bearing (theres like 4 options of this headset). Its hella confusing with what to order for a hope or chris king.
Anyone able to clear this up, thanks

Chris King you would need an Inset 5, zero stack top external lower cup, but I don’t think King still makes those

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 0:21 Quote
I have a V10.7, gamb tuned and evil wreck.

For some reason I can not keep the bike nose high in the air. 50 ft or like 16 meter jumps or smaller and I just have a problem with the bike always wanting to kick off a lip and land nose down. My gamb is perfect. The V10 is the MX. I’ve ran the fox DPX2 full closed and even got an ext and tan full slow. I can’t figure out why it kicks or what I’m doing wrong that’s specific to this bike.

Any clues? I can run the suspension at 28% or 20 or 33 and it always has this rear wheel pop off lips. Tire pressure anything from 35-27 rear. Suspension poppy or full slow.

I can only guess it’s just how the bike has that super plush top end as opposed to my other jump bikes with Horst. I think if I put the rear wheel in the long position it’ll just make it worse. It just jumps different and I can’t say I’m liking it.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 2:47 Quote
wllmd wrote:

For some reason I can not keep the bike nose high in the air. 50 ft or like 16 meter jumps or smaller and I just have a problem with the bike always wanting to kick off a lip and land nose down. My gamb is perfect. The V10 is the MX. I’ve ran the fox DPX2 full closed and even got an ext and tan full slow. I can’t figure out why it kicks or what I’m doing wrong that’s specific to this bike.

Any clues? I can run the suspension at 28% or 20 or 33 and it always has this rear wheel pop off lips. Tire pressure anything from 35-27 rear. Suspension poppy or full slow.

I can only guess it’s just how the bike has that super plush top end as opposed to my other jump bikes with Horst. I think if I put the rear wheel in the long position it’ll just make it worse. It just jumps different and I can’t say I’m liking it.

A DPX2 on a V10??!! Hey, if you are happy with the speed of your rebound on the rear then go to the front...either add some air to your fork or add a few clicks compression (low speed) . Your forks are diving too deep into their travel on the transition.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 15:06 Quote
fastboyslim wrote:
wllmd wrote:

A DPX2 on a V10??!! Hey, if you are happy with the speed of your rebound on the rear then go to the front...either add some air to your fork or add a few clicks compression (low speed) . Your forks are diving too deep into their travel on the transition.

Sorry. Meant DHX2.
I run a stiff fork usually. Takes a shit sandwich to bottom it out. I’ll try the low speed.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2023 at 8:18 Quote
zeeman wrote:
mule
mule

photo

It’s funny how frames have gone full circle. So closely resembles my 2004 Norco team VPS. Sure it doesn’t weigh as much though. lol tup

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 9:13 Quote
Doesnt look a bit like it, other than both having two wheels.

Would be pretty hyped to see an alloy V10 moving forward, but not likely.

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 9:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Would be pretty hyped to see an alloy V10 moving forward, but not likely.
Not gonna happen

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 10:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Your opinion tup

Glad you have one Wink

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 6:57 Quote
Just bought a 21 V10. Can’t wait to start riding it (3 feet of snow at the moment).

Planning to swap out the DHX2 Performance rear shock. I’d like more adjustability and I'm also considering an air shock for the extra progression. Santa Cruz says the Super Deluxe air doesn’t fit. I’m leery of an X2 due to reliability. Considering Cane Creek.

Could folks chime in on what shocks play nice with a ‘21 V10?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015797
Mobile Version of Website