Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 21:40 Quote
Wish I had a photo of mine.... to think I sold it to a elk hunter in bend for like 2500$... and it was tits. Cant even remember what year it was... i do remember it being one year earlier than impoting started to US. 3 speed Straight 6. Very clean. Be worth a shit ton now.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 21:50 Quote
Had an envelope stuffed with polaroids of all my 4bys and cars over the yrs pre-internet...goddamn lost it but it should be here somewhere...one day, one day

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 22:41 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
d-man wrote:
Lots of issues with new diesels, I'm not sure the extra mpg is worth the extra upfront cost or the headaches when something goes wrong. Need to pull 10k lbs, diesel all the way. Need good mileage buy a Honda civic lol.
Bush truck
Bush truck
This ole girl gets 17mpg, and has 350,000km. Have owned it for 18yrs.
I love that truck, sweet ride.

New diesels... EGR delete, problem solved.

Doesn't the delete void warranty? Have heard it does make a difference.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Oh man I need to get my hands on a solid old truck to just use! Awesome stuff dman tup did you see the ibis sliver star edit??? Smooooooooooth

Someone swiped the front corner of my bumper this morning. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose... but wow it sucks to have that ding and scrapes on the new truck. C'est la vie Confused

I really do like my new truck but the ole girl is great for Bush cruising and hauling garbage.

The ibis edit was Cool, maybe the new bike will let me ride like that....

First ding is the worst, I cried a little when I got one on my ram

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
For Bugzie and all on canopy ideas. This is essentially the way I intended to outfit one over whatever rig we end up with for extended camping...shading the entire rig = far superior to conventional...easy to make and in any size/configuration.

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
d-man wrote:
Doesn't the delete void warranty? Have heard it does make a difference.
Only on emissions related shit, which is pretty much what gets chucked with the delete so it doesn't matter much. Prolongs the life of the turbo and just about everything else by a huge margin though, more power, better throttle response, cooler running temps... all around better and pretty easy to do, if you live outside of Komiefornia. Here, they'll f*ck you on smog check and you won't be able to register it. A lot of folks here will setup a mailing address in Oregon or Utah and register their trucks out of state to get around it.

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 3:25 Quote
loopie wrote:
For Bugzie and all on canopy ideas. This is essentially the way I intended to outfit one over whatever rig we end up with for extended camping...shading the entire rig = far superior to conventional...easy to make and in any size/configuration.

Tarpaulin

Stretch ones

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 4:04 Quote
Yeah Topsless.....a tarp or 3 in whatever size and quality, bunch of poles&connectors and cord/rope/bungee...done Smile
Strap poles in a loose bundle to the roof rack or throw'em in a larger pipe...done Smile
heehee

photo

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 5:02 Quote
Yep yes^^^

Buddy owns a stretch tent company, loads of configurations possible. Much like we want

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 5:55 Quote
thnx for that, loop. can easily see ideas for a down sized version for the landcruiser.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 21:53 Quote
Sunday funday riding mountain cycles
mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted
mysticmountainadventures.com Copyright Jacob Johnson Not for use or publication without written permission explicitly granted

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 22:04 Quote
Where dat Jake? Looks like a radical ridge

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
Kananaskis Country - about half way between all the Calgary guys and where we live in Canmore. The Rockies got a big dump of snow while we were down in the American Southwest and it sounds like it's been tough to find trails good for riding. We were rewarded with a handful of miles of rotor burning descending after pushing our bikes through snow for about the same distance to get up there lol

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
Who else rides or rode a newer reign ?
I rode with Chrisco when he was on one, I was on my glory and was like who the f*ck keeps getting stuck on my rear tire all the time.
Shredded that bike!
Might get one hmmmmm
Haven’t thought about a new bike....... ever lol

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
Also bought my kid her first bike and helmet yesterday. Lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050588
Mobile Version of Website