The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
todayisthegreatest wrote:
just saw this
photo

Wow....that slowmo though. It's basically just gravel riding now.

Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 19:43 Quote
Fits the brand.

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
I remember when Blue was just minibus shuttle up...long time ago. Than Blue was getting solid till that unfortunate accident on the drop that took all fun tings down...Lately it was getting back and than some...Sick Shread Memories
Shame that they closed for DH...

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
I still can't understand how countless bike parks with less close large population centers make a bike park work?

Screw blue.

Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
I still can't understand how countless bike parks with less close large population centers make a bike park work?

Screw blue.

2020/2021 were the most profitable years in recent history for the bike industry and that's when they choose to shut down lmao

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2022 at 19:57 Quote
They make more money from bachelorette parties and they don't seem to want to combine our sport with all of that. There's your answer. Move on.

I suggest driving to Camp Fortune. It's awesome. And you get none of the yuppie vibes.

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
They make more money from bachelorette parties and they don't seem to want to combine our sport with all of that. There's your answer. Move on.

I suggest driving to Camp Fortune. It's awesome. And you get none of the yuppie vibes.

Camp fortune isn't a day trip.

Blue Mountain - live life outdoors. Unless you like mountain biking, then take that shit elsewhere.

I made a point of not doing my annual ski weekend there. Too expensive and busy for what you get anyway.

✌️

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
Yeah, it's a trip. Definitely a bummer to lose Blue.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
MrLski wrote:
I remember when Blue was just minibus shuttle up...long time ago. Than Blue was getting solid till that unfortunate accident on the drop that took all fun tings down...Lately it was getting back and than some...Sick Shread Memories
Shame that they closed for DH...

The very first year ?1997 (maybe) it was on the old Happy Valley triple which already had hooks for the slide rides. I remember shaking my eyeballs out going down the cat road at the bottom of HV on my rigid Peugeot while my buddy cruised on an electric blue Spec Stumpie.

Then it was Swatty driving the 15 person van redlined the entire way up the hill for years
While I transitioned through a Kona Mano-Mano, used Giant ATX before the head tube cracked, and Norco 250 with 7” inverted fork on the front and a 24” rear.

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 17:59 Quote
I hope no one is planning on visiting blue this summer.

Especially for sea otter.

What a joke.

Posted: May 11, 2022 at 18:45 Quote
The yuppies are coming, it's convenience.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
So.... DH trails have been unmaintained for 2+ years now and there's an enduro taking place with sea otter? How does this work?

Edit:

yo they're seriously charging $75 plus tax to ride five XC trails

Posted: May 15, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
Dead Thread..

...makes me sad

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023475
Mobile Version of Website