Powered by Outside

Mondraker Summum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Mondraker Summum
Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 8:59 Quote
I think that's what I'm going to settle with until my wallet is looking abit happier :L ive still got £1000 worth of wheels, bars and pedals to buy :L

Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 Quote
I test rode a 2015 Nuke Proof Pulse yesterday, it had a CCDB shock on it and I was extremely impressed with how good it felt.

I currently have a 2011 Fox RC2 on my Mond, I don't have an issue with it as such but I'm thinking a CCDB could be an improvement.

Has anyone gone from an RC2 or other fairly basic shock to a CCDB on their Summum? Was it a worth while upgrade?

Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
I went from an RC4 to a CCDB, I liked it a lot, but it was expensive to service and it wouldn't stop knocking in the end of stroke. I eventually sold it and got a 2014 Vivid R2C

Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 13:05 Quote
Russ-69 wrote:
I test rode a 2015 Nuke Proof Pulse yesterday, it had a CCDB shock on it and I was extremely impressed with how good it felt.

I currently have a 2011 Fox RC2 on my Mond, I don't have an issue with it as such but I'm thinking a CCDB could be an improvement.

Has anyone gone from an RC2 or other fairly basic shock to a CCDB on their Summum? Was it a worth while upgrade?

Why dont you look over the DSP Dueler Ti shock, comes in a very good price with titanium spring, the weight is awesome, 222m=800gr, and it`s pretty responsive and sensitive. I think it`s much better and more responsive than an RC4 shock.

Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 13:43 Quote
nhp890 wrote:
I went from an RC4 to a CCDB, I liked it a lot, but it was expensive to service and it wouldn't stop knocking in the end of stroke. I eventually sold it and got a 2014 Vivid R2C

Thanks for the input. So out of the 3 shocks, do you like the Vivid R2C the best?
When you say the CCDB knocked at the end of the stroke, do you mean that as in from when it fully extends from a compression? Because I did notice it knocking when bouncing it about come to think of it, although I didn't notice it when riding.

zixs wrote:

Why dont you look over the DSP Dueler Ti shock, comes in a very good price with titanium spring, the weight is awesome, 222m=800gr, and it`s pretty responsive and sensitive. I think it`s much better and more responsive than an RC4 shock.

That's a good suggestion cheers. Although I have no idea how to get a hold of a DSP in the UK!

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 10:40 Quote
I have had both DSP's and RC4's on various frames and on the Summum I had I actually preferred the RC4, the rebound on the Dueler was harsh over brake bumps. Could probably been fixed with a lower viscosity oil or a different shimstack but I happened to have an RC4 in the garage...

I did also have a CCDB on it for a while. Felt good but was really noisy, even after a service. Also a pita to tune it and to remember the stupid tool to turn the dials.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 5:05 Quote
Hi, today i have bought mondraker summum frame, but there is no rear brakes adapter. So where I can buy it, or i can use standart brake adapter?

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 5:11 Quote
etron3 wrote:
Hi, today i have bought mondraker summum frame, but there is no rear brakes adapter. So where I can buy it, or i can use standart brake adapter?

with 440 chainstay you can use standard, with the other 3 chainstay adapters you need mondraker brake adapters. what kind of frame? year? pro team or not?

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 5:25 Quote

only the brake adapters are missing or you dont have whole geometry set? coz as i know only the pro team bikes/frames including geometry set.

but for 440 chainstay the standard brake adapter will be ok

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 5:30 Quote
I don't have geometry set. But anyway thanks for information!Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 5:37 Quote
etron3 wrote:
I don't have geometry set. But anyway thanks for information!Smile

you are welcome Smile

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 10:49 Quote
Have 2013+ Summum linkages if someone looking. PM'd for details. Cheers

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
One more question. Can I put on Summum 185mm disc in rear?

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 15:54 Quote
etron3 wrote:
One more question. Can I put on Summum 185mm disc in rear?

on 440mm chainstay yes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012852
Mobile Version of Website