Light-Bicycle Carbon 650b Rims

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light-Bicycle Carbon 650b Rims
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 23:39 Quote
rydelean wrote:
New pro4s on lb38s
Light-bicycle

Cool Nice, how does the rear Pro4 hub feel? Also glad to see the LB stickers and not ENVE Smile

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
rydelean wrote:
New pro4s on lb38s
Light-bicycle

Cool Nice, how does the rear Pro4 hub feel? Also glad to see the LB stickers and not ENVE Smile
not sure how it rides yet still waiting on a rear tyre and need to bleed the brakes as I just cut the hoses down Wink

Posted: Aug 6, 2016 at 23:22 Quote
Hi
I am thinking of building up some 38s to which will be paired to a pinion gearbox so therefore basically a singlespeed. I would like to use the new hope 4s but I am unsure if there is an option at light bicycle to do this, can anyone confirm or deny please. I am looking at 142x12 axle spacing. thanks

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 0:10 Quote
wblh wrote:
Hi
I am thinking of building up some 38s to which will be paired to a pinion gearbox so therefore basically a singlespeed. I would like to use the new hope 4s but I am unsure if there is an option at light bicycle to do this, can anyone confirm or deny please. I am looking at 142x12 axle spacing. thanks

Yes, Kartrin at LB will hook you up. I have a set for sale, but they are boost 110/148 with Hope Pro 4s.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
MWasson wrote:
wblh wrote:
Hi
I am thinking of building up some 38s which will be paired to a pinion gearbox so therefore basically a singlespeed. I would like to use the new hope 4s but I am unsure if there is an option at light bicycle to do this, can anyone confirm or deny please. I am looking at 142x12 axle spacing. thanks

Yes, Kartrin at LB will hook you up. I have a set for sale, but they are boost 110/148 with Hope Pro 4s.

Thanks I will make contact
cheers

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 17:47 Quote
HI guys do you have any tips on how to remove the tire from the rims? I am using the LB 38 wide rims and it's just pain in the ass to remove the tires.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 18:48 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
HI guys do you have any tips on how to remove the tire from the rims? I am using the LB 38 wide rims and it's just pain in the ass to remove the tires.

I just fought with mine last night..

After you let the air out (I am assuming they are tubeless), lay it on it's side and use the edge of your shoe sole and step on the bead and work your way around until the bead slips down. This is the hard part.

Then, use a tire tool and remove the side that is broken down.

I then had to pull out the rim tape (gorilla tape in my tire). This made the other side easy to slip off the bead.

Then I just took the other side off by hand.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 18:55 Quote
ibis09 wrote:

Get the bead all the way down in the valley once it's broken! That will help.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 19:15 Quote
MWasson wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

After you let the air out (I am assuming they are tubeless), lay it on it's side and use the edge of your shoe sole and step on the bead and work your way around until the bead slips down. This is the hard part.

I then had to pull out the rim tape (gorilla tape in my tire). This made the other side easy to slip off the bead.

I had a puncture the other day and good that the sealant worked but I wanted to patch the inner side that's why I was trying to remove the tires. I will try your method of removing. Thanks... One more question though. Can a floor pump make the tire sit on the bead of the rims? Cuz I just had mine installed in the bike shop and they were using a compressor.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 19:23 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
MWasson wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

I had a puncture the other day and good that the sealant worked but I wanted to patch the inner side that's why I was trying to remove the tires. I will try your method of removing. Thanks... One more question though. Can a floor pump make the tire sit on the bead of the rims? Cuz I just had mine installed in the bike shop and they were using a compressor.

I used a floor pump with brand new NNs and also with Maxxis Rekon+, both 2.8s, without issue....If you have narrower or different tires, I can't say for sure.

Just remove the valve core from the stem initially, pump hard, and after it seats, let some air out and screw the core in.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 20:04 Quote
You can also use a tire lever to pull the bead up against the edge of the rim. Makes it much easier to seat with a floor pump.

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 20:49 Quote
MWasson wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

Wow these carbon rims lock in that good?? I gotta get me some already! Always rode ex flows and hitting big jumps or drops makes a nasty sound when i land and gets me squirrely. Quick fyi, having a little co2 and an air kiss worked every time for me in a quick one. And they're cheap

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 23:58 Quote
FSdesignify wrote:
MWasson wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

Wow these carbon rims lock in that good?? I gotta get me some already! Always rode ex flows and hitting big jumps or drops makes a nasty sound when i land and gets me squirrely. Quick fyi, having a little co2 and an air kiss worked every time for me in a quick one. And they're cheap

Yes, they are tight as hell with NNs or Rekon+ tires. I cannot get them off the bead by hand; had to use my size 14 to force it off....

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 1:25 Quote
I really struggle with getting Tyres off. That's the only downside to the rims. The plus...you'll never roll them off of the rim Smile

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 7:58 Quote
I made the mistake of taping them too wide with 1 inch gorilla tape. There is room to do so and they seal super tight, but then they are that much tighter, plus they get glued on to the edge of the tape.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013841
Mobile Version of Website