Powered by Outside

NWD vs. ROAM!

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 21:42 Quote
crash23 wrote:
thrice wrote:
I am greatfull both series are out there.

Sometimes I feel like watching flowy riding with relaxed music, sometimes I feel like watching hucking to heavy music.

Love em both. My decision would vary each day.

nwd has lost all the hucking, its all tricks and slopestyle now, which isnt bad, but its just not
as good as the old nwds, all the way up to 6 they were the biggest huck movies out there.

roam is big hucks to relaxing music, so the gaps and drops dont really seem as big,
i garuntee if you put megadeth and slayer to a roam movie, it would look way bigger.

both are great movies, and it would really depend on which mood i was in, right now.... nwd 5.

Disorder 5 and 2... Waaaaay the best ever!

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 21:44 Quote
ROAM tkaes the cake easily, i have NWD 6 7 and and none of them even compare to ROAM or THe Collective. Like ROAM shows the essence of mountain biking and has soul. DOnt get me wrong NWD has some sick biking in it too thoough

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:43 Quote
kyle-8109 wrote:
ROAM tkaes the cake easily, i have NWD 6 7 and and none of them even compare to ROAM or THe Collective. Like ROAM shows the essence of mountain biking and has soul. DOnt get me wrong NWD has some sick biking in it too thoough

dude go watch some disorder 2,3,4,5 and see some biking soul. roam is one of my favorite movies,
but the old nwds are just ridiculus, they go sooo damn big.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 4:43 Quote
crash23 wrote:
kyle-8109 wrote:

dude go watch some disorder 2,3,4,5 and see some biking soul. roam is one of my favorite movies,
but the old nwds are just ridiculus, they go sooo damn big.

In NWD 2,3,4,5 and ROAM there are more biking soul yes, but thats more for the downhill/freeride culture, not so much for dirt and street riding wich I am more into, thats why I like NWD 6,7 and 8 most. For me it is hard to decide wich one of them (ROAM and NWD) that actually is the best movie, the most of them is different biking styles.

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 15:17 Quote
yea i wouod ahve to agree,roam has the better quiality filming for sure, but some of the biking isent as cool as nwd

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
They not really videos to compare. They both cover different views and aspects of mountainbiking.

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
roam hands down, ive seen it over 20 times and im not bored.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
I watch both and still i can not choose between them, but if i had to choose it would be roam.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
webber123 wrote:
easy new world disorder. i think the riding is way more extreme.
i agree, the riding inn the disorder dvd`s is alot better and awesome to watch.=]
but roam is alright.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
derfmtb wrote:
webber123 wrote:
i agree, the riding inn the disorder dvd`s is alot better and awesome to watch.=]
but roam is alright.
ya same here. roam is hella old, and some stuff is boring. id rather watch nwd8

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
northwestbiker wrote:
derfmtb wrote:
webber123 wrote:
but roam is alright.
ya same here. roam is hella old, and some stuff is boring. id rather watch nwd8
NWD no thaught needed!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
no thaught needed!

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
I disagree!.
I defiantly like Roam. And of course Collective!
Collective set a new standered for mountain bike films.

Nwd does have most extreame riding, but the actual fimling in much better in Roam/Collective.

Also all the spots in NWD's are all the same in every segmet
Roam changes it up and shoots new spots

More verioty=Better movies.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:58 Quote
djrider416 wrote:

Nwd does have most extreame riding, but the actual fimling in much better in Roam/Collective.

Also all the spots in NWD's are all the same in every segmet
Roam changes it up and shoots new spots

ummm....israel? turkey?

i would say that roam uses the same old tired spots, jordie's house, whistler, shore, kamloops road gaps, etc. not to say they aren't classics, and one thing i noticed is that their treatment of the tired spots is better than their treatment of new stuff: berrecloth's shore stuff is boringly filmed compared to the flat-out, roosty, craziness of the whistler segment. they definitely did a better job at whistler than nwd's same old tables in a-line, which got old around nwd 4.

however, the utah freeriding with berrecloth and mccaul was amazing imo, nwd 7 btw.
the lines they did, the huge, panning, cablecams were great.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 12:01 Quote
Roam every day
the thing is with Roam u could watch it every day.......and not get bored!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024823
Mobile Version of Website